Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Ellen York
meegat39 wrote:

I'm not gong to write too much here, but personally I find most superhero films with a few exclusions a real turn-off. For what it's worth I hated Deadpool. Seemed a load of gratuitous violence and swearing, very cliched and actually quite boring. en However, Guardians of the Galaxy is a cracking film. Great characters, dialogue and story, very entertaining and reminiscent of Blake's 7. Oh and it had Karen Gillan in it, SD!

I agree on both counts. Several of my friends are very into the Marvel Universe movies and I watched Guardians and Deadpool with them. Guardians was loads of fun, but Deadpool didn't do a thing for me (though I was the minority opinion in the group)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Iron Man 3 was good, not going to be a favourite though. The tone was darker, and I missed Tony working alongside other members of the Avengers team already, but Robert Downey Jr is one of the most easily watchable big name film actors of his generation in my opinion and the lightness that he brings to even brief moments with other characters always lifts things a level. The Tony/Pepper relationship is a big plus in all the Iron Man trilogy, and the first Avengers ensemble film, but the plot directly involving Pepper was a double edged sword; it makes them more central to the story as a couple and progresses the depth of their feelings, but it also takes the relationship and Pepper as a character to a different place that it will be hard to return from in future. Sometimes writers develop characters and arcs too far, leaving the original magic behind when it was achieved by a subtlety of touch in the first instance; the whole Doctor-Donna business in Doctor Who is one of the prime examples of taking a 'normal' person who is a touch point with the real world for a fantasy character, but who loses the innocence of this rapport when they too become a fantasy character. This was a great film with lots of individual elements that I enjoyed - a genius kid who is pushy without being annoying, anything directly involving Tony, the rescue of the Airforce One crew members - but it wasn't quite as much fun or quite as engaging as some of the other entries.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Klenotka
The involvment of Pepper makes sense if you look into the comic book. She had her own suit, but without any weapons....and she also married Happy in the comic book Grin
In Extremis, on which this is (very loosely) based on, Pepper is absent completely (if I remember correctly). I was kinda hoping Tony would get the "superpowers" he got in the original book. Nothing major, he was able to "hear" radiowaves and stuff. again, if I remember it correctly, I read it a few years ago.

Iron Man 1 is still my top Marvel movie, followed closely by, suprisingly, Ant-Man, because in a way, they were both similar in the tone and characters. One or two characters, an origin story. I like Avengers movie (the last Captain America was "the best Avengers movie" for me Grin ) but I prefer these smaller, more personal ones.

Also, RDJ has been one of my favourite actors since...well, Kiss, Kiss, Bang Bang? So I could watch him in anything. But I have to admit, Iron Man 2 was not too good.
Don´t be Lasagne

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.22 seconds
9,171,510 unique visits since 8th January 2014