Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Red Dwarf/New Avengers
trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The doctor working with Peter Cushing's character is played by Frank Gatliff; he was in Monster of Peladon...

He did look familiar. -P

I was right. He was in Blake's 7 Harvest of Kairos. He played Dastor. He had to help Jarvik when he planned the trap for Liberator. -P

Yes, I recognise him now, it's Dastor.

I'm glad we have Dastor rather than Zastor Pfft

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Proper Avengers started with Cathy Gale - in the same way it took B7 about a year before it turned from very strong to unbeatable.

But even then you still had Dr King...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
I have to admit that Gambit is very unlikable, sort of the Avon of the New Avengers..... -P
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

I have to admit that Gambit is very unlikable, sort of the Avon of the New Avengers..... -P

Why do you find him unlikable? Don't mind him myself.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Proper Avengers started with Cathy Gale - in the same way it took B7 about a year before it turned from very strong to unbeatable.

Never watched those episodes. Watched one Venus King episode... that was enough.

It's the Steed/Gale chemistry that started something special.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Never watched those episodes. Watched one Venus King episode... that was enough.

Venus Smith even Grin

trevor travis

BradPaula wrote:

He's a womanising thug. He lacks Steed's charm.

BradPaula
I've been watching Joanna Lumley and it seems her performance is a bit exuberant. She was exactly like that in an episode of Are You Being Served? I wonder if it's just down to being a young actor and not finding her style yet. -P

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Agreed. Very cut and dried. A thug. -P

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Venus Smith even Grin

You know what I mean. Pfft

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

But as Steed is almost unique, that would make every other character in every other tv series unlikable. Nobody else has Steed's natural charm, except maybe Adam Adamant.

BradPaula
The 'good ole days' when all the baddies were Nazi's. Now days it's middle-eastern terrorists. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

I've been watching Joanna Lumley and it seems her performance is a bit exuberant. She was exactly like that in an episode of Are You Being Served? I wonder if it's just down to being a young actor and not finding her style yet. -P

Maybe. Although she never really made it as a serious drama actress, finding her true vocation in lighter entertainment like sitcom. S&S was different because it was very slow and had a lot of scenes with just one or two characters, so leant itself to under-playing the role.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

I think she feels her way into Purdey (Linda Thorsen was a bit the same, you'll see what I mean when we watch the episodes with a blonde Tara). We saw the finished Tara product last week, and it's pretty good. It's the same with Purdey.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

I think she feels her way into Purdey (Linda Thorsen was a bit the same, you'll see what I mean when we watch the episodes with a blonde Tara). We saw the finished Tara product last week, and it's pretty good. It's the same with Purdey.

Agreed, she does settle into the role.

trevor travis
This is like the Timeslides episode of Red Dwarf... with a special guest apperance from Hitler Angry

Spaceship Dispatcher
"Steed, I want to confess..."
"The habit was just a disguise!"

Lol

Spaceship Dispatcher
That really is a plunging neckline Purdey!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Purdey demonstrates that she's a bona fide Avengers girl...

BradPaula

That really is a plunging neckline Purdey!

Not much to show.... -P

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.69 seconds
9,865,163 unique visits since 8th January 2014