Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Red Dwarf/New Avengers
trevor travis
Peter Cushing - this episode is full of unofficial Doctors Cool

BradPaula
I never realized it till now, but I knew a girl in junior high school who had her hair exactly like Purdey. It was the same time as the series, so that makes sense now. -P
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Gambit's car was blocked in. Easy solution however...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Some intersting camera angles make this chase sequence more visually interesting than some.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Don't mess with Mike. Angry

BradPaula
Gambit, you let them kidnap Peter Cushing! -P

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Re Gambit...

Don't say "BOOO" too loud around my Mum, he's her favourite Avengers character by a country mile! Grin

I just think his presence changes the New Avengers too much away from the classic Steed & Gale/Peel/King template.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Re Gambit...

Don't say "BOOO" too loud around my Mum, he's her favourite Avengers character by a country mile! Grin

I just think his presence changes the New Avengers too much away from the classic Steed & Gale/Peel/King template.

The original format was of course to have two male characters and the glamour was a later addition. That arguably diverted the show away from the original concept, and this series returned to it.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Like the Holmes reference.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Drifting towards SF in a subtle way here...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Derek Farr was in the very first episode of The Saint iirc

Spaceship Dispatcher
Purdey hiding in the trees wearing very bright clothes!

BradPaula
The Monk Doctor- wasn't he in Harvest of Kairos? I may be wrong. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
The doctor working with Peter Cushing's character is played by Frank Gatliff; he was in Monster of Peladon...

BradPaula
Wow- check out all the long hair on the men! -P

BradPaula

The doctor working with Peter Cushing's character is played by Frank Gatliff; he was in Monster of Peladon...

He did look familiar. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
I sometimes find Joanna Lumley's acting to be a little too deliberate, not really natural. Maybe it was lack of rehearsal time.

BradPaula
BradPaula wrote:

He did look familiar. -P

I was right. He was in Blake's 7 Harvest of Kairos. He played Dastor. He had to help Jarvik when he planned the trap for Liberator. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

He did look familiar. -P

He played Chancellor Ortron.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Re Gambit...

The original format was of course to have two male characters and the glamour was a later addition. That arguably diverted the show away from the original concept, and this series returned to it.

I prefer the Gale/Peel/King diversion - it's the version I saw first (around 6 episodes of Gale followed by the whole of Peel followed by the whole of King).

Proper Avengers started with Cathy Gale - in the same way it took B7 about a year before it turned from very strong to unbeatable.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.74 seconds
9,807,344 unique visits since 8th January 2014