Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha Pub Quiz Fri night?
clanger68
Hi All,

Had a very quick chat with Spaceship Dispatcher about this, and now just throwing it out there for consideration.

We have about 20 Horizon members going to the meal on Friday night and I'm guessing there may be a few more attendee's staying at the Kew Bridge hotel as well who may join in.

If I put a short (hour or so) pub style Blake's 7 quiz together (gather everyone into 3 or four table teams) to be held in the restaurant, or back at the hotel bar, I'll keep it flexible so we can do it at either place.

What do you guys think, it'll be short so it isn't a late night, hopefully it would make a nice pre- event proper event! LOL

If people would just rather gather and chat after the meal that's cool.

If you think it's a good idea just shout and if we get a majority I'll sort it.

As a proviso, if it turns out the venues are unsuitable we'll abandon it.

Not long now people! Smile

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Travisina
I think it's a super idea! Thanks for offering to organise it - count me in! Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Mistletoe12
B7 DingBats! I blame Travisina for putting me onto those. Many an hour spent having fun with Dingbats. LOL

But, yes, count me in on the quiz. (Kiddo too) It'll be fun!! Angry

trevor travis
I'm in, as long as the location in Time Squad, Redemption and Killer is down as Oldbury Power Station and not Gloucestershire Power Station. Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
@ Andy

Thank you again for coming up with this, it's a great idea!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Anniew
Sounds like fun, though my other half doesn't know the first thing about Blakes 7 so pity the team that gets us! Hope mummy and junior mistletoe might take pity on us! And that the beer is good. Seriously though, it's a terrific idea Clanger. Thank you.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Lurena
It sounds like great fun Clanger!
Perhaps I will be too slow, so I may be a burden for a team.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
BradPaula
What a great idea, guys That will be something to look forward to. I'll make a batch of triple chocolate fudge for snacking on. You're on your own for the beer though. Does fudge go with beer? Who cares, we'll all have a good time anyway! Yay!

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

I'm in, as long as the location in Time Squad, Redemption and Killer is down as Oldbury Power Station and not Gloucestershire Power Station. Grin

Unfortunately, Lorna won't be there Friday evening, but if there is any discussion as to exactly what name Oldbury is, and it ain't Gloucentershire- Lorna will be there con day to answer any and all queries as she was a physicist there in her working days!

Note to Forum members: TT's mention of Oldbury being Gloucestershire Power Station came about during a Doctor Who quiz at Dimension's con one year when we all attended together and were on the same quiz team. We tried to correct the quizmaster but she would not budge. We of course, knew better. We didn't win, not because of that one question, but they kept a wary eye on the 4 of us after that. Those Blake's 7 instigators, and at a Doctor Who con, the cheek! lol

clanger68
Hi All,

So a quiz all about Gloucestershire Power Station, got it! Smile

I'll get something together.

It'll be fun and easy (I hope) so everyone can join in, more of a social than a serious quiz, so nobody bring an ORAC! LOL

If it looks like we can't do it due to fellow diners, drinkers, etc we can shelve it, or get them to join in!

- Andy

Travisina
clanger68 wrote:
...get them to join in!

Oh, that would be so cool! More souls for the faith Pfft

Anniew
Wear plimsoles Clanger, Travisina bring the peppermints.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
clanger68 wrote:

Hi All,

So a quiz all about Gloucestershire Power Station, got it! Smile
- Andy

I would like to point out at this juncture that Lorna worked at said power station when DW and B7 were filming there, is very passionate about it, and has an actual Welsh surname....

Just sayin...

clanger68
Plimsoles, ..............and fire proof underwear, in case I anger said Welsh surname lady, will be the order of the day!

Smile

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

I would like to point out at this juncture that Lorna worked at said power station when DW and B7 were filming there, is very passionate about it, and has an actual Welsh surname....

... but does she have a Welsh street sign?

trevor travis
clanger68 wrote:

Plimsoles, ..............and fire proof underwear, in case I anger said Welsh surname lady, will be the order of the day!

Smile

And maybe a helmet, in case Welsh surname lady brings a Welsh street sign with a spike on it ShockGrin

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

We can always find a Welsh street sign.

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

No, but I do and she's a close friend......Angry

Ellen York
BradPaula wrote:

What a great idea, guys That will be something to look forward to. I'll make a batch of triple chocolate fudge for snacking on. You're on your own for the beer though. Does fudge go with beer? Who cares, we'll all have a good time anyway! Yay!

Forget the beer, I want fudge! As I tell my coworkers, chocolate keeps me from killing everyone Grin

sweevo
Certo Smile Sounds interesting.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.10 seconds
9,110,682 unique visits since 8th January 2014