Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 96
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 - a guilty pleasure?
Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

Come on... Getting inside Avon's mind palace would be fascinating if a tad traumatic and probably unsuitable for a pre watershed audience. And Blake need never die thanks to timey whimey machinations. He and Jenna could roam the Universe together. And given how snarky and effective Avon is with the Horizon spy plants, imagine how he'd be against the Daleks ( I was aiming for its plunger!)

Absolutely! Even if someone else was show-runner, I would love Steven Moffat to write an introspective episode for Avon similar we got for the Sherlock and the Doctor in The Sign of Three and Heaven Sent respectively. The more flexible approach to modern fantasy, while maybe not used as overtly as returning a character to life, would be interesting certainly. However, a crossover with the Daleks is probably not likely sadly.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

littlesue
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Come on... Getting inside Avon's mind palace would be fascinating if a tad traumatic and probably unsuitable for a pre watershed audience. And Blake need never die thanks to timey whimey machinations. He and Jenna could roam the Universe together. And given how snarky and effective Avon is with the Horizon spy plants, imagine how he'd be against the Daleks ( I was aiming for its plunger!)

Absolutely! Even if someone else was show-runner, I would love Steven Moffat to write an introspective episode for Avon similar we got for the Sherlock and the Doctor in The Sign of Three and Heaven Sent respectively. The more flexible approach to modern fantasy, while maybe not used as overtly as returning a character to life, would be interesting certainly. However, a crossover with the Daleks is probably not likely sadly.

I believe David Maloney was quite insistant about such a thing..."NO!" he said.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Spaceship Dispatcher
littlesue wrote:

I believe David Maloney was quite insistant about such a thing..."NO!" he said.

Most series these days like to dig deeper into the feelings and motivations of their main characters, so I think a more Avon centred episode would be something to expect if there was a new series.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Steven Moffat and B7 wouldn't be a match. His writing is far too optimistic. He didn't even want to kill off even a single DW companion.

I would prefer B7 not to be brought back. Whatever we ended up with, it wouldn't be as good as the original, and the casting would probably be quite dreadful (unless they were planning on casting Gareth, Paul, Michael, Jacs, etc). I'm happy with the original 52 episodes, plus the Big Finish Audios.

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:I believe David Malony was quite insistant about such a thing..."NO!" he said.

A tremendous producer and director, Mr Maloney. B7 had one of the very best.

Arguably Terry Nation's Survivors was as strong a concept as B7. The difference was that Survivors was allocated Terrence Dudley (who eventually half ruined it) while B7 hit the jackpot in David Maloney and Chris Boucher, and then again with Vere Lorrimer. Having the right people behind a programme can make a major difference.

Anniew
As the world rushes towards irreversible global warming catastrophe I could do with a little optimism. Take that Andomedons, die Travis, suffer and die Servalan Sleer, Goodbye Mr President, Blake and Avon reconciled, an Andromedon joins the crew, Vila is happy, they all fly off into space - oh wait that's Star Trek!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Arguably Terry Nation's Survivors was as strong a concept as B7. The difference was that Survivors was allocated Terrence Dudley (who eventually half ruined it) while B7 hit the jackpot in David Maloney and Chris Boucher, and then again with Vere Lorrimer. Having the right people behind a programme can make a major difference.

A recent essay on Terry Nation claimed that his original plan was for Survivors to become international in setting with the characters leaving the British Isles in search of other survivors, while Terence Dudley wanted the show to remain based in the same country. Allegedly this was the difference that TN walked off the show over. Note that I stress allegedly, as the essay does not quote its references and the idea does not ring true to me. I wondered if you had ever heard this version of events?

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

As the world rushes towards irreversible global warming catastrophe I could do with a little optimism. Take that Andomedons, die Travis, suffer and die Servalan Sleer, Goodbye Mr President, Blake and Avon reconciled, an Andromedon joins the crew, Vila is happy, they all fly off into space - oh wait that's Star Trek!

But it would never last:

AVON: Vila, where's Derek?
DRUNKEN VILA: Who's Derek?
AVON: The Andromedan who has been part of the crew for the last two years, as we search for new lifeforms and boldly go where no man has been before.
DRUNKEN VILA: Oh, that Derek. Search me.
AVON: Vila, what is that?
DRUNKEN VILA: The remains of my pizza. The Adrenalin & Soma made me peckish.
AVON: Vila, that was no pizza. You've just eaten Derek.

And so the second Intergalactic War begins, raging for either one day or five years.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

A recent essay on Terry Nation claimed that his original plan was for Survivors to become international in setting with the characters leaving the British Isles in search of other survivors, while Terence Dudley wanted the show to remain based in the same country. Allegedly this was the difference that TN walked off the show over. Note that I stress allegedly, as the essay does not quote its references and the idea does not ring true to me. I wondered if you had ever heard this version of events?

Not sure if Terry Nation walked out on the show, or was pushed. Carolyn Seymour was definitely pushed.

But yes, it's true the series wasn't developing along the lines that TN had envisaged. It's why his book starts off as almost a novelisation of episodes one and two, but then goes on a completely different path following "Garland's War", and eventually ends up in France.

The Telos guide is superb. That's where most of my info on Survivors comes from.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

The Telos guide is superb. That's where most of my info on Survivors comes from.

I have the guides to both versions of Survivors but have never read them cover to cover, despite using them for reference several times over the years.

Anniew
TT. - I'd watch the B7 Deep Space 9 remix you envisage. In fact, thinking about it, didn't the plot arc for that series develop along those lines? ( though granted Odo wasn't eaten by Quark - but what fun if he had been)
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

ScorpioSurvivor81
I don't think of Blake's 7 as a guilty pleasure. In fact, I take great satisfaction from watching it because the dialogue is often witty and the situations our heroes find themselves in are very interesting. I'll always prefer it to something like Star Wars and Doctor Who.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,500,788 unique visits since 8th January 2014