Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - The Harvest of Kairos - 26th MAR
mrsbookmark
Even Avon's getting tired of Tarrant.

trevor travis
mrsbookmark wrote:

Wow. Someone tells Servalan to shut up.

Although Servalan is still the one in control. Jarvik is an amusement for her. He'd still have been dead in a week Grin

mrsbookmark
trevor travis wrote:

Avon trying to seduce Cally.... would you like to see my rock? Grin Grin

LOL

Dragon32
mrsbookmark wrote:

IT is obvious in this ep. that they were trying to have Tarrant be the dominant character replacing Blake...did not work, because the Avon is too overwhelming even when he's talking to a rock.

Good comment. Same in nearby episodes. Eg in City, Tarrant acts like a bully, but just doesn't have the heft to be a captian figure.

trevor travis
There's a clear morale to this story. Pride comes before a fall. It proves to be the case with Tarrant. Jarvik does well when he uses his brain; later on, he starts thinking with another part of his body when Servie tempts him with power, and he also takes a fall.

Dragon32
Sorry if this question is in the daft or being asked in the wrong place.

Is there any way to change the colour scheme of this web page? I find the dark blue background in the reply box makes it hard to type.

mrsbookmark
Dragon32 wrote:

mrsbookmark wrote:

IT is obvious in this ep. that they were trying to have Tarrant be the dominant character replacing Blake...did not work, because the Avon is too overwhelming even when he's talking to a rock.

Good comment. Same in nearby episodes. Eg in City, Tarrant acts like a bully, but just doesn't have the heft to be a captian figure.

I think Tarrant doesn't work as the Blake replacement because he doesn't have the ideology to motivate him that Blake did. Therefore, Tarrant just comes across as loud and bullying.

trevor travis
Interesting dynamic here. It's almost as if Avon has allowed Tarrant to be at the forefront, to see how he gets on. Tarrant makes a complete hash of things, and Avon releases he must assume the authority himself.

trevor travis
Dragon32 wrote:

Sorry if this question is in the daft or being asked in the wrong place.

Is there any way to change the colour scheme of this web page? I find the dark blue background in the reply box makes it hard to type.

Ask a mod. The aren't any mods joining in on this rewatch.

trevor travis
This is such an enjoyable episode.

Wonderful scene on the flight deck, as Avon and Servalan try to outmanoeuvre each other.

mrsbookmark
trevor travis wrote:

Interesting dynamic here. It's almost as if Avon has allowed Tarrant to be at the forefront, to see how he gets on. Tarrant makes a complete hash of things, and Avon releases he must assume the authority himself.

That would fit in with Avon's logic.

mrsbookmark
"I'll work out my own salvation."

Love that line.

mrsbookmark
Jarvis, zip up your shirt!!

trevor travis
mrsbookmark wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

That would fit in with Avon's logic.

It fits in with Avon's character. He wants the Liberator, because of his urge to live comfortably and survive, but isn't interested in any kind of crusade.

It's only when survival becomes more desperate in Season D that Avon really takes control.

mrsbookmark
I want one of those fancy Servalan cocktails.

trevor travis
mrsbookmark wrote:

Jarvis, zip up your shirt!!

His ego has taken off. Like Tarrant, pride will come before a fall.

trevor travis
A Lunar module on Kairos!!

trevor travis
The ant/spider thing is not convincing. Thank goodness, it's hardly in the episode.

trevor travis
The rock comes to the rescue!!!

It's nice how the different strands of the plot come together. I'm not sure what Ben Steed had written before this, but this is a good first script for B7. No wonder he has brought straight back later in the season.

trevor travis
There's a lot of macho posturing in this story, although the moral seems to be that it will get you nowhere.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.45 seconds
9,883,613 unique visits since 8th January 2014