Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Random Rewatch - D2 Power
trevor travis
Thanks everyone. See you next week, when poor Nova cuts himself shaving....
 
Hugbot
Hadn't seen this episode for quite a while ... there must be a reason for that. Grin
But it's nonetheless fun doing a rewatch with the gang. Thank you all for the company! Good night, and see you all next week for 'Death by Shaving Foam.' Oops
 
littlesue
Thank you for a lovely rewatch.
Looking forward to Spacefall..the episode that cemented my love of B7...I wonder why?
Daughter No 1 has never forgiven Mr D, because up until that Monday evening, she had had my full attention!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Good episode, that one. Ben Steed came up with some really strong episodes.

I don't know about 'strong' - it's rather sweet and a bit silly (and vice versa). Bit of a guilty pleasure.

Thanks for the company, that was fun!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
trevor travis
Just off to a light a candle for poor, deceased Gunn Sar, the should-have-been lover of Servalan that she never met Wink
 
trevor travis
Travisina wrote: Bit of a guilty pleasure


Ouch, don't like that phrase, it's another way of saying "Actually, it's a bit rubbish".

IMO Power is a long way from being rubbish. A smart and subverise script.
 
Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote: Bit of a guilty pleasure


Ouch, don't like that phrase, it's another way of saying "Actually, it's a bit rubbish".

IMO Power is a long way from being rubbish. A smart and subverise script.

It's by no means rubbish, but it's neither smart (doesn't make much sense, doesn't tie in with 'Rescue' very well, lots of internal as well as external continuity inconsistencies) nor is it subversive (a lean, mean, telekinetic fighting Seska is defeated by Avon three times - by physical force, then by a kiss and finally by a gun.)
But it is fun to watch, lots of location filming (yay for Betchworth Quarry), some amusing dialogue, and I love Gunn-Sar. I'll take this over Moloch any day of the week.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

It's by no means rubbish, but it's neither smart (doesn't make much sense, doesn't tie in with 'Rescue' very well, lots of internal as well as external continuity inconsistencies) nor is it subversive (a lean, mean, telekinetic fighting Seska is defeated by Avon three times - by physical force, then by a kiss and finally by a gun.)
But it is fun to watch, lots of location filming (yay for Betchworth Quarry), some amusing dialogue, and I love Gunn-Sar. I'll take this over Moloch any day of the week.


I like Moloch as well Wink

As for Pella, she lived by the sword and died by the sword. She and Avon have a power struggle throughout the episode, he disarms her, she knocks him out. In the end, he had handled a gun more often, and prevailed in the shoot-out. Any sympathy for Pella disappeared the moment she shot her best friend without hesitation... so much for her being interested in the survival of the Seska. The survival of Pella, more like.

Gunn Sar is the subversive character - well, him and the whole Hommik power structure. For once, I agreed with Sue Perryman regarding this episode Grin
 
Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

...Any sympathy for Pella disappeared the moment she shot her best friend without hesitation... so much for her being interested in the survival of the Seska. The survival of Pella, more like.

I never had any sympathy for Pella, even before she shot her best friend. As you say, she wasn't interested in the survival of the Seska. Anyway, her thinking was flawed - food is all very well, but unless she'd been planning to clone herself, where was the next generation of Seskids supposed to come from?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

...Any sympathy for Pella disappeared the moment she shot her best friend without hesitation... so much for her being interested in the survival of the Seska. The survival of Pella, more like.

I never had any sympathy for Pella, even before she shot her best friend. As you say, she wasn't interested in the survival of the Seska. Anyway, her thinking was flawed - food is all very well, but unless she'd been planning to clone herself, where was the next generation of Seskids supposed to come from?


I wonder if that's why she points the gun at Dayna, rather than Avon. She was planning to mate with Avon at some point Shock

Although I suspect the actual reason it's Dayna is part of the ongoing subtext that Pella is racist.
 
Lurena
I'm sorry I had to miss this rewatch. I had to spend my time in theatre, once again replacing one of those who fell ill with the flu.
I hope to be able to join you the next rewatch. Yay! Spacefall!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
 
http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

...Any sympathy for Pella disappeared the moment she shot her best friend without hesitation... so much for her being interested in the survival of the Seska. The survival of Pella, more like.

I never had any sympathy for Pella, even before she shot her best friend. As you say, she wasn't interested in the survival of the Seska. Anyway, her thinking was flawed - food is all very well, but unless she'd been planning to clone herself, where was the next generation of Seskids supposed to come from?


I wonder if that's why she points the gun at Dayna, rather than Avon. She was planning to mate with Avon at some point Shock

Although I suspect the actual reason it's Dayna is part of the ongoing subtext that Pella is racist.


Well that's two reasons I never thought of. I always thought she pointed the gun at Dayna because she thought Avon would be more likely to save her, being female. so that is arguably sexist.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
JustBrad
Sorry to miss this. Gobsmacked at work.
 
Joe Dredd
meegat39 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I wonder if that's why she points the gun at Dayna, rather than Avon. She was planning to mate with Avon at some point :O

Although I suspect the actual reason it's Dayna is part of the ongoing subtext that Pella is racist.


Well that's two reasons I never thought of. I always thought she pointed the gun at Dayna because she thought Avon would be more likely to save her, being female. so that is arguably sexist.


I love Avon's line "That's an interesting choice of hostage." It says so much and tells us so little. Is it an 'interesting choice' because he would expect Pella to pick a male, the ongoing enemy, rather than a female? Is it an interesting choice because Pella chooses Dayna instead for one of the reasons above, or she senses some paternalistic feeling towards her from Avon, or something else?
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,172,410 unique visits since 8th January 2014