Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big finish sale.
steveothen
Big finish have just launched a sale on the entire B7 range.
i have basically lost a lot of money by buying there B7 range on release .
i'm very peeved !

Spaceship Dispatcher
Yes, I noticed that pop up on their Facebook page earlier.

Not sure about feeling peeved though, as almost every Big Finish production ever made has featured in one of their sales at some point!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

clanger68
I saw it as well, some great bargains to be had.

I too have paid full price for most of my collection, apart from a few lucky Big Finish Day bargains.

But these purchases help to fund more, new Blake's 7 so happy to do it. Smile

Hopefully these sales will bring new souls to the faith, increase sales and speed up new releases!

Yaaay.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
stoke_rob
Although I have all the releases on download I suddenly feel the need to upgrade to CD copies so have taken full advantage of the offer to get myself the complete Series 2 of full cast audios (I already managed to get series 1) and in time I shall collect all the Liberator Chronicles on CD too as there are bound to be further BF sales at some point.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
Ellen York
This is likely to be dangerous. At the big sale last year I ended up springing for CDs of the first full cast set and LC 1-6 (plus postage to the US)

rojkerr1
I pick mine up randomly on ebay, sometimes 4 99p!

BradPaula
Big Finish loves me. I pre- buy them as soon as they are available and at full price. But this is a great time to pick up audios all of you that have put off buying them before. Support BF and our fandom!

Spaceresearcher
Personally I was more than happy to pay full price to support the series. If reducing price get's people to get into the series and expand future sales of future titles then this is a good thing.

Never peeved to support Blakes 7. Sure a bargain is nice but it's the great fans that have paid full price who ultimately support future productions.

Besides, real Blakes 7 fans certainly couldn't have waited till they all went on sale right? Smile

meegat39
Spaceresearcher wrote:
Besides, real Blakes 7 fans certainly couldn't have waited till they all went on sale right? Smile

I think you have to be a little careful saying that. Firstly, not all fans have the financial means to buy Big Finish releases at the full cost and secondly, they might not want to invest in them, feeling that the true canon is the tv series and not feeling the need for further adventures. Whilst it's great to be enthusiastic about new releases, I don't feel we should put others down for not buying them.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceresearcher
meegat39 wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

I think you have to be a little careful saying that. Firstly, not all fans have the financial means to buy Big Finish releases at the full cost and secondly, they might not want to invest in them, feeling that the true canon is the tv series and not feeling the need for further adventures. Whilst it's great to be enthusiastic about new releases, I don't feel we should put others down for not buying them.

There's no put downs implied or otherwise. I simply want those who paid full price for the releases(like myself and many others) to see the true value in it over simply owning a product. If your poor I get it, I've been there and let's be honest who's really doing that well these days with over population explosion and the breakdown of systems worldwide designed to accomodate about 1/4 of the current world population. Suddenly everyone wants the best house, all the kids they want, a car for everyone and the list goes on. It's simply not sustainable and that's why there's people doing it tough. (The good do the right thing so others get to live like kings and queens for doing the wrong things).

More than ever the message of Blakes 7 is more important than words can imagine. Blakes 7 has so much truth both figuratively, suggestively and scarily radically that I am lost for words. Yikes here I go getting political but you implied I'm putting others down which is incorrect. I'm saying those who paid full price are great. What's wrong with that? Add to that, let's be honest, those who are poor often have issues like smoking for example. I don't know what it's like in the UK, but in Australia you can purcahse 1.5 Blakes 7 releases at full price for the cost of 1 packet of cigarettes. Essentially what I'm trying to say is that if you do want them, there worth saving up for and getting them when you can afford them. It's not like paying for a lawyer or anything. Albums are a once off purchase(unless there stolen of course but that's outside of this discussion) and will last a life time if looked after.

You know there were days, were I went without food to obtain an essential album etc, because the album gave me more than food ever did. Blakes 7 is a franchise I believe in. Sadly it's been mismanaged since Terry Nation passed away and so many missed opportunities have floated by, but Big Finish have put there money were there mouth is and put out a lot of great additions to the Blakes 7 universe, so I'm ever grateful and hope that no fan get's petty about price because there prices are fair and just even at full price. (Can you imagine what it would cost to hire all the staff of Blakes 7, pay them full time, pay a sound engineer, pay for studio time, possibly pay for a writer if you don't have your own script ready and then there's the sound effects and if your lucky you'll have access to the official music(well no doubt after paying for permission to use it). Do that for your next Blakes 7 audio and then complain about the cost of one album by comparison you will not.

Spaceresearcher
A final essential point to make here is that if people don't purchase the albums, the albums stop being made, period. If that's not enough reason to pay full price, what is?

PS. If your not interested in the releases, then why would you be reading this post in the first place???

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.30 seconds
9,124,011 unique visits since 8th January 2014