Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
March 2016 Fanfic Challenge
Hugbot
JustBrad wrote:

Huggy, why do I get the feeling that Jenna was cheating on Del Grant with Vila?

Grin Originally, I even intended to call the protagonist Vila Stannis-Grant but then I thought I could not do that. Nobody would buy this. After all, why should Jenna and Del name their child after Vila? This would only give rise to funny ideas about the relationship of Jenna and Vila. So I changed the name. Did not help to prevent funny ideas, though.

Travisina
Hugbot, what wonderful stories! The Way Out is really moving, 'We'll Always Have Exbar' is clever and fun - so many classic movie lines in such a short story! 'Squirt Gun Mercenary' is poignant and believable. I really like that PGP Jenna & Del Grant are becoming fanon Smile

Annie, your first is an interesting look at the nature of mercenary-ness. And well done for keeping to the word count! The Space Kwiki Mart car park story reminded me only too well of the first time I parked in a multi-storey car park!

By the way, in case anyone's wondering, work is in progress to get last year's May collection formatted and up on the website. I suddenly realised that if I don't get a move on, it will soon be this May! Watch out for announcement in the next few days (RL work, life the universe & everything permitting)
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
I always try and park my car in the same area, as last time I didn't I was almost on the phone to report it as being stolen!
So I know where our heroes are coming from!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
Oh Hugbot. What a fantastic idea!! I so want to write the story as Avon and Anna's son! But Del and Jenna are a great pairing! It's very intriguing to wonder if Jenna would be so understanding! And I wonder if Big Finish will conclude The Grant segment with him hooking up with Jenna and Blake. As for the Vila Connection I bet Uncle Vila used to baby sit and entertain Deva with magic tricks!
Edited by Anniew on 08 March 2016 13:43:55
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
Anniew wrote:

Oh Hugbot. What a fantastic idea!! I so want to write the story as Avon and Anna's son! But Del and Jenna are a great pairing! It's very intriguing to wonder if Jenna would be so understanding! And I wonder if Big Finish will conclude The Grant segment with him hooking up with Jenna and Blake. As for the Vila Connection I bet Uncle Vila used to baby sit and entertain Deva with magic tricks!

There is fan fiction out there which did exactly that- a story about Avon, and a child (Kieren) of his and Anna's. I believe the first of it was 'The Mind of a Man is a Double-Edged Sword', with two sequels, one being 'Mascarada' and another which slips my mind at present. I have them all, searched for number three of the set for a few years but it was worth it. Brad and I have written extensively about a PGP world where Jenna ends up with Grant. It seemed the natural choice after Blake's indifference. We've lived in that universe for 25 years and believe me, we'll never let go of that notion. lol

Anniew
Thank you Paula. I will look for the story!

Anniew
This is a bit Ho hum but I'm keeping my hand in.

"Wealth is the only reality." Had he really said that? And had she believed he was that mercenary, during those lonely, terrifying hours in her cell thinking herself abandoned? Or had she know, as he'd told her brother, that he would have died to save her?

Was that even true? He knew himself to be a selfish man. Not overly concerned for the well being of others. Practical - if you looked at his choices kindly. Was it possible that he would have been willing to give up everything, even breath, just to ensure she survived? Ironic to be so certain now, at this desperate moment, that he would indeed have done anything, risked everything, just to know she lived.

How Blake would have smiled. That satisfied, smug, all knowing smile. Believing that he understood, that he'd found the 'good man' lurking within the carapace of self interest that he prided himself on demonstrating.

Ah Blake. Don't you see? I'd have destroyed everything you believe in just to ensure she lived an extra hour. That's how much of a 'good man', I am.

Hell, he hurts. They may have only used the trainees on him so far but torture is still torture. Oh Anna, how they must have hurt you when they took you in.

Cally doesn't understand why he's putting himself through this. He's not sure he understands it himself. Something to do with the need to prove he is more than a greedy opportunist, perhaps. And to make it up to Anna for failing her so completely. Is the transponder still sending? He hopes it is. She had no device for summoning help but he's not suicidal. He just wants to pay what he owes her and move on. To leave the damnable, dragging guilt behind him. He'd not put himself through something like this without an escape plan.

They'll be coming soon. The screams from the other prisoners are louder. Nearer. If he listens he can hear the tread of boots. Even imagine the sound of crunching bone.

Pain...so much pain... His only reality now.

BradPaula
Anniew wrote:

Thank you Paula. I will look for the story!

It's #! The Mind of a Man is a Double-Edged Sword, #2 Shadowplay, #3 Mascarada, I believe in that order, all by American author Susan Matthews. I think it was written in the 1980's and I just came upon them by chance at a convention and got them. Good luck.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Are you kidding? It's an excellent story!

Anniew
thanks Travisina. It's not very original but I'm very glad you liked it.

Hugbot
Travisina wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Are you kidding? It's an excellent story!

Seconded. Really intense introspection!

By the way, it's already the 14th of March, and up to know the March fanfic challenge looks like the Hugbot & AnnieW show! Where are you guys???

Lurena
Hugbot wrote:

By the way, it's already the 14th of March, and up to know the March fanfic challenge looks like the Hugbot & AnnieW show! Where are you guys???

Busy, busy, busy Hugbot! But happy to be able to earn a living.
I've had not much time to read your and Anniew's stories yet....
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Lurena
Ever been to Exbar?
Here is a fun story for a change. Another, more serious ficlet will follow soon. Littlesue needed a cheer up and I thought it to be kind of appropriate in this chill, wet period of the year...

Coughs and Sneezes

Exbar had proved to be an experience; in more ways than one.
Apart from Avon’s arm wound, something far more sinister had resulted from their brief visit there.
“You have all developed a cold,” Cally stated.
“A cold…?” Blake asked.
“I told you it was freezing down there,” Vila muttered, gathering the warm blanket around him, yet still shivering.
+It is quite a common infection, + Orac informed them, + but as all of you have been in a relatively sterile environment, then I’m afraid that you have become susceptible to the slightest invasive virus. However, I believe I may be able to assist you to alleviate the symptoms. +

“Are you sure about this?” Cally asked.
“Orac said the message was about this storage facility having all sorts of med…” Blake sneezed.
“Must you?” Avon asked, his eyes streaming.
“Sorry. Vila, get that door open.”
“I’m trying.”

The door opened and they found themselves in a large warehouse piled to the rafters with medicines of every description.
They quietly made their way over to boxes…
…only for Avon to suddenly sneeze, very loudly.
i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/neoantares/drawings%20and%20things/ficlet%20challenge/CandS.jpg

“Shh!” Cally hissed.
“Sorry.”
“May I assist you?”
They all spun round to see a woman in white smiling at them.
“Oh, I’m so sorry there was no-one to meet you. We weren’t expecting you until later. Come this way, they are almost ready.”

The room they were led to was set out as an office with bright arc lights and a number of production cameras.
“Now it’s very simple,” the woman began, “You are patients who will expound the virtues of this new medicine that will banish your cold and flu symptoms without any side effects.”
“Sounds good to me,” Vila muttered.
“Now,” the woman continued, “to maximise the effect of our new medicine I must ask you remove all of your jewellery and weapons, please, otherwise they will disturb the diagnosis scanner.”
“Is this absolutely necessary?” Blake asked, trying to stifle a sniffle.
“Yes, the new CEO will be here to watch….well the Managing Director couldn’t attend herself; that would be unseemly. Now, we’ll just run through and then we will do a take.”
“A take?” queried Blake.
“Yes, for the advertisement to be beamed to all parts of the Federation.”
“With the added bonus of finally seeing you and your crew being arrested, Blake.”
It was Travis, triumphantly smiling.
“You know, I had the idea that you would succumb to the same virus as me, so we arranged for that message about these medicines to be sent out. I knew that your helpful computer, Orac, would intercept it. And here you are. All we need to do now is to run the camera and to arrest you all for treason and for everyone….”
Travis stopped midsentence…
i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/neoantares/drawings%20and%20things/ficlet%20challenge/Travis%20sneeze%20illu2.jpg

…and sneezed; not once, not twice…
Avon rushed Travis and knocked him down. Cally took care of the beleaguered woman, while Vila and Blake quickly grabbed the weapons and bracelets.
The last thing the cameras recorded was the crew vanishing and Blake’s last words, “Let’s get out of here, Jenna. Teleport n….aaa…aaa..achoo!”

Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Angry Angel
Nice! Love the pictures too Smile

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Anniew
Wonderful Lurena. Lovely funny stories and illustrations. You are a very talented lady.

Travisina
Lurena, that's delightful! And what great pictures. Smile

Mine is shaping up - just got to lose 197 words...

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:Mine is shaping up - just got to lose 197 words...

Just take it to Cygnus Alpha, all sorts of things get lost en route to there, even four months Wink

Hugbot
Thank you for the funny story, Lurena - that cheered me up! By the way, what is it with you and sneezing? First, the humorous image thread, now this story! Pfft
As always, wonderful illustrations as well. When I saw the Travis portrait on the 'signed with love' thread, I was wondering about the very strange expression on his face ...

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Just take it to Cygnus Alpha, all sorts of things get lost en route to there, even four months Wink

Good plan!

Hugbot
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Good plan!

But Cygnus Alpha is in April, and then it will be too late for the March challenge!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.53 seconds
9,914,767 unique visits since 8th January 2014