Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Original scripts, schedules, floor plans, artwork
howard
Just even looking at ebay and its fees makes me shudder, so I will avoid this if at all possible. Seems they are not worth enough to 'buy' the truth regarding the missing episodes of Doctor Who from Phil Morris. That really would have been worth it!

Joe Dredd
howard wrote:

Okay, I am uploading a lot more photos. You wanted more details, but there isnt a lot written on all of them.

Thanks Howard!

Joe Dredd
Can the Supreme Commander* tell us whether Howard's scripts fill any gaps in the Horizon archive?

I know "Star One" is definitely held as I have a copy of it (I have others too but I remember this one because it tells you what Durkim's job title is.)

* P.S. Howard, Supreme Commander is the title of the major military leader in the series so it's the club president's title here. We are not strange - honestly!

Joe Dredd
howard wrote:

Just even looking at ebay and its fees makes me shudder, so I will avoid this if at all possible.

Hi Howard, have you considered how you would like to be paid for these? E.g. would you accept payment by Paypal?

howard
Well, I probably would have to I think. I do not like paypal much but it is the safest for the buyer. At least I would save the huge percentage ebay takes!

howard
I have had a lot of private messages showing interest. I need to make up my mind what to do really. I do not want people to think I am just playing a game. But I really did not know there would be such interest. Various people have shown interest. I have been reading personal messages, please be assured. What would anyone suggest is the fairest way to go about offering these? Perhaps I should obey the will of the Supreme m Commander! I really have more or less decided ebay is off limits. And I do want to shift them relatively quickly. I would like whoever has them to be the type of people that would allow others to enjoy them. I do want to see them in a better place than my cupboard which is where they have been for about twenty years!

Anniew
You could just publish a list with prices and we could bid privately.

Or maybe if we all chipped in Horizon could buy the lot from you ? We could then all see them at Return to Gauda Prime 4. I don't know if the committee has the time to organise this though.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

dragonq
These are marvellous. I am just wondering whether, before or after sale, they could be scanned and reproduced as an e-book or PDF for circulation among members?

Thank you, Howard, you have come to the right place!

littlesue
Anniew wrote:

You could just publish a list with prices and we could bid privately.

Or maybe if we all chipped in Horizon could buy the lot from you ? We could then all see them at Return to Gauda Prime 4. I don't know if the committee has the time to organise this though.

I'd be more than happy to chip in and save these priceless items for future B7 fans.
These are, literally, historic documents.
I'd even drive down to Hastings, if needs be.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

exterminator
Hi Howard!

Welcome to Horizon ... and what an entrance!! To say your first post was a surprise is probably understatement of the decade!

I would definitely like to add myself to the list of interested people. I'm a big fan of B7 (oh, and Dr. Who too), and I also collect and build stuff from the series. I'd definitely be interested in the items you have, especially the set plans and prop designs, i expect i would end up building them! To give you an idea, here's a couple of photos (posted elsewhere on this forum) of what I'm currently working on, one of the "stations" from the Liberator flight deck, full size. These were taken in October last year, I'm nearing completion.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_6439.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_6440.jpg

There's been some mention of a B7 museum? I'd like to do that some day, or at least have some sort of pop-up exhibition (I'm planning something similar with the Who stuff I've got). It would be great to get all this stuff out where folks can see it.

Oops, I've started rambling! Tell you what, I'll send you a PM, that's probably best.

Cheers,

Phil
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

Joe Dredd
howard wrote:
What would anyone suggest is the fairest way to go about offering these?

My suggestion:

First, work out whether you are willing to split the set, and if so, to what degree. If selling them individually is too big a task you could sell them as several lots - all the scripts & running order type materials could be one lot, then the drawings, and then the blueprints.

Next, decide in your own mind how much you would be happy to get for each lot. Keep the number to yourself and then ask anyone interested to send you a PM making an offer stating what they want and how much they would pay (and pointing out postage is separate/on top of this number. You shouldn't end up out of pocket). E.g. "I would be willing to pay 40 for everything" or "I would pay 30 for the blueprints". Give everyone a closing date, allowing, say, a week to get their bids in if you can wait that long.

Look at the offers and see whether any reach/beat the price you set privately. Best price wins. If no one reaches the target you can decide whether to accept a lower bid or try another approach.

You also need to decide whether you'd be willing for people to collect the items from you in person and how you would like to be paid. I'm in Australia for example so Paypal would be the best way for me to pay you. If you don't want to use Paypal, or you'd rather not deal with international bidders, just say at the start something like "UK bidders only".

The people on this forum are very unselfish. I'm sure that whoever wins the items will ensure the rest of us get to see them in some form or other.

I hope that helps!

Anniew
Exterminator your flight deck is just - well words fail me- supercool. I can't wait to see it at Cygnus Alpha.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

howard
Is there a problem with this site at present? I wrote a response but it has dissappeared. I also received another notification of a private message in an email but there is no new one. For a while, I was getting a MySWL error and could not get into the site. I can now, but the most recent stuff is missing. Thanks

Spaceship Dispatcher
howard wrote:

Is there a problem with this site at present? I wrote a response but it has dissappeared. I also received another notification of a private message in an email but there is no new one. For a while, I was getting a MySWL error and could not get into the site. I can now, but the most recent stuff is missing. Thanks

The site seems to have reset itself to earlier today after it went offline, we have no idea how or why at the moment! It's never done anything like this before, so sorry for the data loss....

Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Hi Howard,

Sorry for the loss of your posts.

Just to add to Spaceship Dispatcher's explanation - during the outage, the host server reported problems with its database, and various posts have been lost from threads as a result. We will be investigating the issue with the server providers.

Perhaps the person who sent you a PM could resend it? Your email notification will have said who it was from.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

exterminator
Hmmm, I seem to have lost a few PMs too, both received and sent.
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

Travisina
exterminator wrote:

Hmmm, I seem to have lost a few PMs too, both received and sent.

Sorry about that. We will be looking into this data loss.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

dragonq
Howard, was the missing message from me?

howard
I think it was a second message from the exterminator

littlesue
I thought it was just me as a couple of posts disappeared as well.
What I was thinking was perhaps we could do one of these online donation things and save all these priceless items for future B7 fans.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
9,846,086 unique visits since 8th January 2014