Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Josette Simon Private Signing
jdn-85
Tenth Planet are advertising a private signing with Josette Simon.

Autographs 15 each on a photo they'll provide, or you can send your item/s in to be signed for 15

trevor travis
I'm sure that other signings will come along with Josette, without Tenth Planet being involved (who show little respect for their customers).

I got a signed photo of Josette last year from the Cygnus Alpha convention and it was only 10.

stoke_rob
trevor travis wrote:

I'm sure that other signings will come along with Josette, without Tenth Planet being involved (who show little respect for their customers).

I got a signed photo of Josette last year from the Cygnus Alpha convention and it was only 10.

Interesting you should say that about Tenth Planet, I attended an event run by them last year and I wasn't impressed at all with their pre event administration nor the event itself, which seemed to be geared towards taking as much money as possible with very little regard for anything else. I would attend another one if there was a particular guest I wanted to see but I'm going to avoid them if possible.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
BradPaula
There is often quite a difference in the way a convention or signing is run considering if it is fan run or professionally run. I have been to a few pro run things and the whole idea of it is to generate as much money as possible out of the fans, and treating them like cattle in the meantime. I always try and support the fan run cons or signings- they're usually much nicer and have some consideration for the fans and not only for their cash and how to get it away from them the fastest way possible.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not as regular as others at conventions, but my own experiences of Tenth Planet events and staff have only ever been very good.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Joe Dredd
Is Ms Simon happy to sign B7 items?

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I'm not as regular as others at conventions, but my own experiences of Tenth Planet events and staff have only ever been very good.

You didn't go to Dimensions 2013 Wink

I never did get anything signed by William Russell... despite paying almost 200 for a Gold ticket. When I tried to complain to Derek from Tenth Planet about the way the Gold ticket holders were being treated, he didn't want to know.

On the other hand, I felt Ian Kubiak reacted very well at Cygnus Alpha. I did get everything I want signed, but the way he took items and got them signed was professional and a sign of someone who cared. A big difference.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

There is often quite a difference in the way a convention or signing is run considering if it is fan run or professionally run. I have been to a few pro run things and the whole idea of it is to generate as much money as possible out of the fans, and treating them like cattle in the meantime. I always try and support the fan run cons or signings- they're usually much nicer and have some consideration for the fans and not only for their cash and how to get it away from them the fastest way possible.

Agree, Paula, although calling describing Dimensions 2013 as professional is pushing it a bit Grin At least we can laugh about it now Wink

It's also why I didn't get any photos, etc, at Big Finish Day 8. I like Big Finish and therefore I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face, but I don't want Tenth Planet to get any more of my money than possible, after the way Derek simply walked away from me when I was trying to speak to him. If I want a photo of Paul and Jacks, I'll get it at Cygnus Alpha 2 Wink

Did Brad send his letter of complaint and get any kind of response?
Edited by trevor travis on 28 February 2016 10:25:28

stoke_rob
I think most people can accept things not going to plan as long as they are treated with respect and kept informed. Derek at Tenth Planet has a reputation for not being 'people friendly' when it suits him and I am wary of his events. I look for alternatives first.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
Ian Kubiak
trevor travis wrote:

You didn't go to Dimensions 2013 Wink

I never did get anything signed by William Russell... despite paying almost 200 for a Gold ticket. When I tried to complain to Derek from Tenth Planet about the way the Gold ticket holders were being treated, he didn't want to know.

On the other hand, I felt Ian Kubiak reacted very well at Cygnus Alpha. I did get everything I want signed, but the way he took items and got them signed was professional and a sign of someone who cared. A big difference.

Thank you!

JustBrad

I really enjoyed Dimensions 12, I have many fond memories, but Dimensions 13 attempted a Bridge Too Far for the fiftieth. It was the worst organized con I have ever attended, and the only bad time I have had in my many visits to Britain (aside from one afternoon at Madame Tussauds in London, but that was mostly due to a large crowd of French tourists).

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.35 seconds
9,885,235 unique visits since 8th January 2014