Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Dr Who Season 35 or Series 9 if you go by reboot
Spaceresearcher
Curious to know what fellow Blakes7/Who fans thought of the latest Dr Who series starring Peter Capaldi?

Personally I found it OK but I will not be re-watching it. It just doesn't have the magic that keeps me re-watching series 12 to 18 for example.

littlesue
I'm afraid I have struggled with Dr Who since Mr Moffat took over the helm.
I did not like Matt Smith at all...godness knows why, but there you go.
And I really felt for Mr C.
A fine actor, capable of so much. That scene in Torchwood when he goes off with the gun to find his children stills chills me; and as for his role on the Fires Of P; he was brilliant in that. He even outshone David T!!!
I was expecting so much from this new series, but it left me cold. As SR said, it didn't have the magic and I haven't even bothered to rewatch it.
Something was missing...and I don't know what.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Curious to know what fellow Blakes7/Who fans thought of the latest Dr Who series starring Peter Capaldi?

Personally I found it OK but I will not be re-watching it. It just doesn't have the magic that keeps me re-watching series 12 to 18 for example.

I thought it was the best season since Season 30 (Tennant's final season). Much less complicated inter-story continuity; the stories themselves were complex, but you didn't have to memorise what happened 10 weeks beforehand.

I liked the return to 2-parters, and Calpaldi was top banana.

I would recommend it.

JustBrad
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Love Capaldi. If they will give him good, solid scripts, he will be epic.

Gauda Cheese
This season got me to do something I should have done 10 years ago. Stop watching.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Anniew
Loved it! Loved Peter Capaldi. He and Tom Baker tied as my favourite Doctor ( then Chris Eccleston/ Patrick Troughton and Colin Baker). Stories memorable. - some super great. Even the episodes that didn't quite work explored fascinating ideas and were clever and exciting.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Loved the last two series absolutely and completely, so much that I'm on an all time high as fan such as I have not experienced before in over twenty-five years. The quality of the script writing has peaked coincidentally with a perfect regular cast, and I'm sad that half of that team has now departed. But Jenna's episodes and performances will stay as some of my favourites forever. Doctor Who has sometimes been this good in the past, but imo never better than the latest two seasons. In a way I'm happy that it's on hiatus, so that it won't show so badly if the amazing level of form in all departments drops after hitting all the right notes so perfectly with just a couple of minor blips since Capaldi took on the role. Having said that, I was already enjoying the show more than at any time since the relaunch in Matt's final season but Peter and Jenna together were the icing on the cake.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
I think Matt Smith's departure has helped refuel my enthusiasm.

It's not so much that he was poor, but while he was the Doctor, the Moff went down some very strange routes. IMO seasons 32 & 33 were very misjudged in places.

I liked Jenna Coleman, although there were times they over-concentrated on Clara. But Jenna was a far better actress than Karen Gillian, whose performances were a little variable.

Gauda Cheese
When I try to think of positives, the image of Davros opening his eyes comes back to haunt me. Okay okay I'll stop, jeez I feel like I'm picking at my scabs. Anyhoo Krotons tomorrow woooo!
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

JustBrad
I have about had enough of the long story arcs. Let's get back to the roots of DW: The mysterious stranger who wanders into a bad situation not of his making, and fixes it by battling ignorance with understanding, hate with compassion, and superstition with science.

rojkerr1
Capaldi great, most of the stories awful, think I only enjoyed the Zygon one in its entirety, actually forgot to watch it on several occasions. I remember with Classic Who it was the highlight of my weekend, don't care for Moffats vision at all, just grates on me terribly! Thank god the next season will be his last

JustBrad
rojkerr1 wrote:

... don't care for Moffats vision at all, just grates on me terribly...

I hear you. Moffat's reign has been resume of highs and lows. Give him credit, he's done some great things, but he's also scraped the dregs at times. IMHO his biggest weakness is his inability to let go. The Weeping Angels were a brilliant concept, but he drove it into the ground. Again, IMHO, every companion he's created has stayed a season too long. On the other hand, some plot lines were abandoned. What happened to the future Danny Pink, the Space Man we met early on in Clara's reign? His existence is never explained, and never revisited.

Ela
I enjoyed series 9, thought it was much stronger than series 8. I did a big re-watch of series 8 last month, before they took it off Netflix in the US; enjoyed it more the second time around than the first.

Anniew
I agree Ela, I enjoyed many of the episodes on 2nd rewatch - perhaps because there's quite a lot of narrative detail to work out on first watch. And I too thought series 9 hit its stride.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Klenotka
The best series in NuWho, imo. And I had always problems with Moffat a bit since he took over but I realized it was due to my problems with Matt Smith and Karen Gillan and a combination of them both (once she left, he became tolerable and she became tolerable once Arthur Darvill appeared). So just an unfortunate combo, I guess.
But series 9 was innovative, yet felt old-school- There were some great, scary, classic Who stories and then there was Heaven Sent which is one of the best episodes of DW in general.

Peter Capaldi, for me, is finally MY Doctor. The best Doctor. Only Jon Pertwee before him managed to grab my attention and never let it go since their first line. No wonder these two are in my first places in my top 12 Smile

Also, the combination of Peter with Jenna, they were just perfect. It will be hard to get the right person to replace Jenna in terms of chemistry.

And I think these past two series, I appreciated many episodes after I saw them twice. Many little details I missed the first time.
Don´t be Lasagne

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,798,774 unique visits since 8th January 2014