Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
'Lost Stories' B7 opportunity?
jdn-85
Not sure if its been discussed before - but have been listening to some Doctor Who 'lost stories' and was wondering if there's an opportunity here with B7?

I know 'Iron Man' was never produced - is anyone aware of other scripts or story outlines that weren't finalised?

A potential for a B7 lost story range possibly?...

Joe Dredd
There were a number of ideas but most weren't finalised, or got turned into something else.

Off the top of my head, there was "Death Squad" by Pip & Jane Baker, "Storm Mountain", "Softly Killing Slowly Dying" by Robert Holmes (I think I've got that title slightly wrong), plus various other truncated ideas about bringing in the Daleks or the "Captain" character double-crossing them.

sweevo
There was one story written for Season 2 (I think), the title of which escapes me (it probably didn't make it past the planning stage), which involved Blake, Jenna and Gan discovering a secret Federation laboratory with scientists performing Nazi-like "Super Soldier" experiments on prisoners/test subjects. Jenna is exposed to the compound, and Blake is forced into a race against time to find a solution.

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

There was one story written for Season 2 (I think), the title of which escapes me...

That sounds like the Pip & Jane Baker one, mentioned above by Joe D.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
There was also the story that was replaced at short notice by "Death-Watch", which was a last-minute replacement script.

briggsy1
I find this subject fascinating, eliciting feelings as it does of "What might of been".

Anniew
If only somebody would publish these lost scripts. They'd be wonderful to read!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

clanger68
Big Finish have done some fantastic adaptations of the Doctor Who lost stories, just listened to Leviathan, very good indeed.

Would be interesting to see what they could do with them.

Like Anniew I'd be happy just to be able to read them
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
dragonq
Based on what Pip and Jane Baker wrote for Dr Who I would say it was less of a lost opportunity than a lucky escape.

trevor travis
Been pondering this a bit more. With DW, the lost stories tended to be those from seasons which didn't happen, i.e. the original Season 23 in 1986, and what would have been Season 27 in 1990.

In terms of any B7 "lost" stories, it would be because the stories were rejected because they weren't up to scratch. Doesn't sound the most awe inspiring range, in that case.

Anniew
The stories might read better than they'd play. They might have been too expensive or take characters in directions that the production team didn't want!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

briggsy1
I can see why the Super Soldier one didn't see the light of day. Sounds v. dark and disturbing for a pre-watershed slot. There again so is child molestation.

Grade Four Ignorant
There's also Man of Iron by Paul Darrow.

Basically, it's an action-based story involving the Federation building robots and Scorpio needing to find a new fuel source. It culminates in Avon drowning the evil scientist in charge of the project.

trevor travis
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

Basically, it's an action-based story involving the Federation building robots and Scorpio needing to find a new fuel source. It culminates in Avon drowning the evil scientist in charge of the project.

Oh. I've got a copy of the script (it was available from Horizon). I wouldn't say it's of a high enough quality to be turned into an audio, plus it has a terrible reputation. Paul has matured as a writer in the meantime - his books are now real page-turners. But Man Of Iron just isn't strong enough. It's poor - worse than Animals.

It may put people off the rest of the range, and I sincerely hope Big Finish are sensible enough to leave it alone.
Edited by trevor travis on 15 February 2016 18:14:57

Grade Four Ignorant
trevor travis wrote:

Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

Oh. I've got a copy of the script (it was available from Horizon). I wouldn't say it's of a high enough quality to be turned into an audio, plus it has a terrible reputation. Paul has matured as a writer in the meantime - his books are now real page-turners. But Man Of Iron just isn't strong enough. It's poor - worse than Animals.

Maybe, but Darrow still seems to interpret Avon as a macho gunslinger, more willing to use his fists than cold logic to get his way out of a situation.

dragonq
I've yet to be convinced of Paul Darrow's ability as a writer. The memoir he wrote was reasonably entertaining, but I would prefer to see new episodes written by scriptwriters not the actors.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 4.48 seconds
9,167,632 unique visits since 8th January 2014