Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - Star One - 13th Feb
trevor travis
Tyce wrote:

Why does Servalan care if the rest of the team are killed or not?

She wants to seize power. Therefore her every move is politically motivated.

trevor travis
Servie uses a crisis to steal the Presidency.

trevor travis
David Maloney's direction is so assured. It's a shame he wasn't allowed to direct more episodes.

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Remind me again why Blake wanted to destroy Star One?

To prove he was right. Nothing to do with freeing of the masses. In fact, if you're on a frontier world, he'll cause your probable death.

But it must serve some other purpose. Isn't it the same as what he was doing in Pressure Point? Trying to destroy central control?? And if so, why is it so much worse to destroy Star One than it was to destroy central control when they believed it to be housed on Earth??
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:
But it must serve some other purpose. Isn't it the same as what he was doing in Pressure Point? Trying to destroy central control?? And if so, why is it so much worse to destroy Star One than it was to destroy central control when they believed it to be housed on Earth??

I guess both are bad as each other. Destruction of Control would have been just as bad.

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

I guess both are bad as each other. Destruction of Control would have been just as bad.

Yes, but there wasn't the concern shown by the crew then, only concern for their own safety... I think it's a flaw in the writing

Tyce
I always like my doors marked entrance too - you know, unless I'm leaving.
Edited by Tyce on 13 February 2016 09:53:08

trevor travis
Also, in "Space Fall", Blake makes it plain that it's Earth that he's mostly interested in. I can't see how destroying Star One would have much of an effect on life in the Dome. To do that, you would need to need to stop the drug supplies.

Blake's actions don't match his aims. He's lost the plot.
Edited by trevor travis on 13 February 2016 09:56:17

meegat39
Lurena is brave - a heroine!

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Yes, but there wasn't the concern shown by the crew then, only concern for their own safety... I think it's a flaw in the writing

Nobody's given any time to think in "Pressure Point"; Blake reveals his true plan as it is launched. in "Star One", there's a journey of months to the place, so plenty of time for the crew to consider the implications.

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

Also, in "Space Fall", Blake makes it plain that it's Earth that he's mostly interested in. I can't see how destroying Star One would have much of an effect on life in the Dome. To do that, you would need to need to stop the drug supplies.

Blake's actions don't match her aims. He's lost the plot.

Agreed.

mrsbookmark
trevor travis wrote:

Blake's actions don't match her aims. He's lost the plot.

I always felt like Blake's plans to take down Star One was more of a desperation move. He's been less and less strategic as time progresses and more idealism for its own sake. I think early one he may have had more of a plan (albeit not terribly good) but now he just wants to hurt the Federation.

trevor travis
Cinderford Colliery!!!

Tyce
AVON: It isn't marked entrance.

Avon, always there to criticise.....

mrsbookmark
Cally can send telepathic messages to Avon?

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Nobody's given any time to think in "Pressure Point"; Blake reveals his true plan as it is launched. in "Star One", there's a journey of months to the place, so plenty of time for the crew to consider the implications.

If that were true it would be a good explanation, but we don't know it is a journey of months. That is just an assumption you have made. I think it's fair to assume it could take days, even weeks with Liberator's capabilities.

trevor travis
Always remember watching this for the first time at about 3am in the morning. I bought two videos (Children/Rumours and Keeper/Star One), the only video recorder was my mum and dad's, so I watched four episodes after they went to bed. This was the fourth and became my favourite episode for a few years to come.

I think up until then my favourite episode was Headhunter - my favourite episode from watching Colin & Derek as a kid.

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:
If that were true it would be a good explanation, but we don't know it is a journey of months. That is just an assumption you have made. I think it's fair to assume it could take days, even weeks with Liberator's capabilities.

Yes, it was an assumption. I guess it depends where Goth was. But even so, this is perhaps only one of two episodes (the other being Moloch) to take place outside of the galaxy. Moloch does give us a journey time, I think it's 27 days.

mrsbookmark
I like how Jenna is taking charge.

trevor travis
mrsbookmark wrote:

I like how Jenna is taking charge.

About time.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
9,148,325 unique visits since 8th January 2014