Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Random Rewatch - C2 Powerplay
Anniew
This is one of my favourite episodes! Love all of it. And find the Chenga stuff quite disturbing.

And Brad, how many stories have been written to put Jenna and Blake together on Gauda Prime (however briefly)? It's always seemed to me that she went back to being a freelance smuggler and picked up her contacts with Avalon and through that learned about Blake's enterprise and was probably supplying his organisation, running the blockade, when she got caught and self destructed rather than face capture.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

clanger68
JustBrad wrote:

clanger68 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AVON WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT!

Showing an uncharacteristic amount of trust.

This is MY ship.... but now either of these two strangers can steal it the next time I'm planet side.

I know, it's as ludicrous as saying Miss Stannis is no more! Smile
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:Let's do "Mad Max Meets Blake's 7" Otherwise known as Stardrive.

Good choice. I'm very fond of Stardrive.

sweevo
Sorry I missed this one (home studio undergoing some changes - hopefully, it'll be back up in time for the next episode).

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

And Brad, how many stories have been written to put Jenna and Blake together on Gauda Prime (however briefly)? It's always seemed to me that she went back to being a freelance smuggler and picked up her contacts with Avalon and through that learned about Blake's enterprise and was probably supplying his organisation, running the blockade, when she got caught and self destructed rather than face capture.

You were doing alright until the last sentence. Jenna is not dead. Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Anniew
Jenna...not dead...But that would mean Blake was LYING SD. Or that she'd BETRAYED him.

Unless she's part of the test and is hidden inside one of those helmets at the end.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

Jenna...not dead...But that would mean Blake was LYING SD. Or that she'd BETRAYED him.

The first instance implies that Blake knows the true facts of the situation - for example he may believe in all honesty that she is dead, but that would only be the character's subjective belief - and the second instance assumes that Jenna is still loyal to Blake in order to betray him.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

JustBrad
Anniew wrote:

Blake can be sincere, and still be wrong. It's happened before.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:Let's do "Mad Max Meets Blake's 7" Otherwise known as Stardrive.

Good choice. I'm very fond of Stardrive.

With the two best (Rescue and Blake) already spoken for, it was Stardrive or Orbit. I'm up for a bit of fun (well, fun for everyone except Doctor Plaxton).

JustBrad
Can you imagine Jenna's reaction if she caught Blake testing her?

Could explain how he lost that eye.

trevor travis
While Blake is carrying out some daft test on Tarrant in the final episode, there's real feeling in his voice when he talks about Jenna's death. I think maybe it happened right in front of him.

I accept dialogue as true, except when contradicted elsewhere. So Jenna is dead, because there's nothing to contradict it.

Anniew
SD - if Jenna is no longer loyal to Blake then we'd have to accept that Blake has gone bad or condemn her for turning her back on him. One of them has to have betrayed the other. And there's no indication in Blake's last words or Avon's reaction to them that Blake has turned bad. I'm know it's possible to spin it so that Blake hasn't turned bad - he's just gone crazy and Jenna might have faked her own death so she could leave him without hurting him too much ( which would explain the emotion in his voice when he speaks about her) but that is so so bleak. That Jenna died heroically, still loyal to Blake and fighting to the end is the one bit of 'hooray'. I have in the whole sorry debacle ( oh apart from Vila's decking Arlen and revealing his true survivor credentials). Her sacrifice and Avon's last stand is at least affirmation that Blake's cause was right and it was worth fighting for.

atomicmayo
JustBrad wrote:

Can you imagine Jenna's reaction if she caught Blake testing her?

Could explain how he lost that eye.

I have a mighty need for fic about this now. It could be either hilarious (Jenna! Get that grapefruit spoon away from me!) or incredibly scary!

Anyhow, I've read PGP fic where Jenna shows up with a crew of her own and picks up survivors. I really liked it as a possibility, and with all the other theories about survivors, why not Jenna? There are lots of ways to shoehorn it in as well - Blake could be mistaken, lying, confused... who knows...
my tumblr | my twitter | my deviantart | my patreon

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Anniew
They Could all live. They could all wake up and find it was a dream...oh Bobby....but SHOULD they?

( Oh this can of worms has been well and truly opened before I think. I'll shut up! )

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

SD - if Jenna is no longer loyal to Blake then we'd have to accept that Blake has gone bad or condemn her for turning her back on him. One of them has to have betrayed the other. And there's no indication in Blake's last words or Avon's reaction to them that Blake has turned bad...

Annie - for Blake to turn bad relies on the view (that I'm guessing from your post is one you hold) that Blake was a 'good' person at some point in the first place; to me Blake is an antagonist from the start rather than a hero. He is a great fictional character who is fascinating and extremely well interpreted by Gareth Thomas, so a 'good character' in that sense, but always a villain equally as much as Servalan or Travis (imo far more so) and therefore unable to turn bad. Jenna's willingness to trust him could be for many reasons, but imo was always misplaced. She would have worked that out for herself, probably before Star One, so I would not see her leaving his 'employment' as betrayal. Gan certainly works it out in Shadow.

Anniew
SD by 'gone bad' I mean working for the Federation. It may well be that Blake had become even more unstable and driven ( not necessarily bad in my view because He was right to oppose the Federation ( especially given the monstrous Pylene 50 controls)) and Jenna had had enough - a plausible theory. But there was something admirable about her wishing to believe in the rebellion that if that is the case and she just pragmatically withdrew to lead a life on the criminal fringe, I find that pretty bleak. Servalan had led a life of privilege and I can't see any justification for her treatment of her subordinates or the general population. Travis' was known as the butcher and was a mass murderer. Blake on the other hand had been mind wiped, seen his friends killed, framed for paediphillia, and had his family slaughtered. His methods were dodgy at times but he was surely right to try to oppose the Federation and not as evil as Servalan. Avon would hardly have looked for him if he was .

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm afraid Annie that we disagree so much on how we view those points that we're going to have to agree merely to differ for now! Grin

My own personal view on them is...

No, Blake is not 'right' to oppose the authorities through resistance and rebellion. I donít see what I view as Jenna's gullibility as admirable, and my hurrah factor would be for her to finally get Blake out of her life without having to die in achieving it; if she's left the crew and, all that time later, is still following Blake then that to me is bleaker. Servalan having privilege doesn't bother me, and suppression of rebellion and armed resistance is her job as head of the security services; if I were a Federation citizen, it's what I would expect her to do. Yes, she's zealous but then so are some of her opponents. Likewise Travis, whatever he might be known as, was imo telling the truth in Trial when he says that he performed the duties he was trained and instructed to do. Blake's initial punishment, the psychological treatment, was because he was a criminal. The dubious methods taken to get him deported were wrong, but it's the children and the Varon family that have my sympathy rather than Blake.

Anniew
But Servalan does appalling things particularly in season 4. Forbus is surely inexcusable! There is no way of protesting or changing the system because it's completely corrupt ! What about Countdown and the potential nuking of an entire planet! This is not legitimate peace keeping . You may disapprove of Blake but you can't surely think the actions of Travis and Servalan/Sleer are justified. And yes their actions are worse than Avon's at his worst because they have so much more resource with which to be terrible. Mutoids ? How can ordinary people not react to such a hideous way of modifying people and how could they not rebel. And mind wiping and torture is NOT an acceptable way of dealing with dissent or selling the families of dissidents into slavery ( slavery in the future!) or what happened on Gauda Prime

clareblues1
Annie + SD, do you need some coloured sweets and chocolate orange to determine the outcome? I'm being slightly facetious of course Grin
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Spaceship Dispatcher
clareblues1 wrote:

...do you need some coloured sweets and chocolate orange to determine the outcome?

Yes please Wink

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,155,442 unique visits since 8th January 2014