Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Valentines
Anniew
Not as nice as cupcakes.

Love is a game
I play to win.
I know all the moves
That will let me in,
Lay siege to your heart
Though you try to defend.
My charms overwhelm,
You surrender. I end.

I send this to you, Valentine
While you amuse, I'll call you mine.

I'm a girl of many faces
And all of them are bad.
I'll make you fall in love with me
My charms will drive you mad.
Alas I'm just a figment
Of your imagination.
A puff of smoke, and Anna's gone;
She's your hallucination.

I send this to my Valentine
No, yes, perhaps, you're truly mine.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Lurena
ooh Clare, lovely piccies of T!
please indulge in your best fantasy
and those yummy-cakes may be for me?
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
BradPaula
Oh, hairy beast of hatrack fame-
And antlered majesty.
You found a way into my heart
For which I can't explain.

A Happy Valentine's Day- you ox
You know you make me swoon-
But just for once, you hirsute ram-
Stop baying at the Moon!

All my love, Og- from Dayna
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

And antlered majesty.

Stop baying at the Moon!

Brilliant Grin Grin Grin

Anniew
Brilliant Grin Grin Grin
I second that. Absolutely brilliant!

Hugbot
There is no Valentine card tradition over here, but at every fair, you can buy gingerbread hearts with the name of your sweetheart (or pet or favourite sports club or whatever ...) inscribed in icing.
However, you will never catch me walking around with a gingerbread heart around my neck! But I found a proxy for the purpose of this thread. Despite Atomicmayo's comforting words, there is only one thing that I can draw - a little troll that I use as some sort of personal coat-of-arms since approx. 1978 (a very important year for several reasons, come to think of it ...).
Here goes:

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/MadSad/DaynaVal_zpsnc2odmff.jpg

Travisina
Once again, I'm scrambling a ficlet just before the deadline. No apologies for the darkness of this tale - there are no happy endings in B7! Oops

Valentine's Eve

Dev Tarrant's leg was troubling him again. His recent treks across the uneven ground outside the Dome were doing him no good, but the results were worth it. He shifted his weight on to his good leg and re-checked his chronometer. The moon had risen and was bright enough for him to see the digits. He nodded with satisfaction; the London would soon be lifting off, taking Roj Blake into well-deserved exile. He smiled, remembering the look of horrified recognition on Blake's face the moment he saw him enter the courtroom. And now there was only this loose end to take care of...

Motioning to the black-clad troopers to take up position by the river, Tarrant edged closer to the tunnel, concealing himself behind one of the bushes that flanked its entrance. He had timed this final part of the operation meticulously, even allowing a few moments for the young lawyer and his wife to react in frozen shock at the sight that greeted them. He ran through the sequence again in his head: how long it would take them to find their way through the network of tunnels. Their discovery of the bodies. How long it would take to record the grim evidence. Their return to the tunnel entrance, faster now that they knew the way and had an urgent purpose.

Tarrant listened. He could hear the river and the lonely call of night birds. A light breeze sighed through the tunnel and rustled the leaves of the bushes. Then distant, but growing closer, the sound of rapid footsteps echoing off the tunnel walls. Here they come.

Tel and Maja Varon hurried past him, holding hands as they quickly made their way to the river crossing. They did not notice the man lurking in the shadows; were unaware of his soft, uneven footsteps as he limped after them.

On the bank of the river, Varon held his wife's arm, steadying her as she bent to take off her shoes. His bag swung against her side, and she gave a little hop to keep her balance.

"Sorry." He hitched the strap further up his shoulder.

"I'm fine, don't worry."

He could feel her trembling. "We've done well, Maja," he said. "Thank you for coming with me." He smiled down at her. "Happy Valentine's eve. I'm sorry this wasn't how we'd planned to spend it."

She managed a tremulous smile in return. "But this is so much more important. Getting justice for Blake and those people in there..." She straightened, and kissed him. "You're a good man, and I love you. We'll have plenty more Valentines."

Tarrant rolled his eyes. Enough of this, he thought, and stepped forward.

"No, you won't," he said, and as the couple whirled round to face him, Tarrant gave the signal for the waiting troopers to open fire.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Ooh Travisina, that is so dark! Always wanted to know more about Dev Tarrant. Wondered if a season 5 would have suggested a link between him and Del. The details in this fic ( like the little hop Maja makes) make it so touching. It's a very well crafted story.

Ellen York
Hugbot wrote:

There is no Valentine card tradition over here, but at every fair, you can buy gingerbread hearts with the name of your sweetheart (or pet or favourite sports club or whatever ...) inscribed in icing.

Yum, gingerbread! And your little troll is adorable.

JustBrad
I thought it was a transporter accident?

trevor travis
A very B7 Valentine story Travisina Grin

Lurena
Ellen York wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

Yum, gingerbread! And your little troll is adorable.

I second that Hugbot!

Travisina
Catching up - what a great thread this has turned out to be Smile
Thank you for all the offers of chocolate! Celebrations will do very nicely, and I do hope Lurena will bring some of those choc cakes to Cygnus Alpha (please?!).

Clare, your little cake pics look Del-licious!

littlesue wrote:
I cannot produce original ideas; I just can't put what is in my head onto the paper. I know what I would love to draw but it won't travel down the arm, through the fingers and then via the pencil.

Same here, Littlesue - but I can't even copy pics off the internet. I was in the science stream at high school, and didn't have any art classes after the age of 12. I don't know if that would have made a difference to my ability, though.

Paula, your Ode to Og is brilliant!

Hugbot, that's a very cute little troll. May we see more of him? It's interesting that there is no Valentine card tradition in Germany. It goes back centuries in this country - Pepys wrote in his 1663 diary about having an argument with his wife regarding cards. Is it a particularly British/American thing?

Thanks for your comments on my story. Yes, Brad - of course it was a 'transporter accident', just as Dev Tarrant officially reported.
@Annie - in an early draft, I had a paragraph explaining that the name 'Dev Tarrant' was an alias to help him infiltrate the rebel group. He chose it because of its similarity to the name of a deserter from the Federation on one of the outer worlds - the rebels assumed there was a family connection, which added credibility to his cover story. But then I took it out, because it was all getting a bit complicated, I wasn't sure if the timeline worked and I needed to pare the story down to 500 words...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Lurena
Travisina, your story is sooo dark and soooo very Blake's 7; it has the perfect ominous feel to it. A very good read. Well done!
I do hope Lurena will bring some of those choc cakes to Cygnus Alpha (please?!).

I'll try my best ! Grin
Edited by Lurena on 13 February 2016 21:17:55

Lurena
BradPaula wrote:

And antlered majesty.

Stop baying at the Moon!

Neatly done Paula!It's brilliant!

BradPaula
What can I give to the one I love?
Is it flowers, jewelry, or candy?
With you it's none of that- my love-
But I'll keep the oil can handy!

Happy Valentine's Day to the Hugbot

BradPaula
Although Colonel Astrid, it's said, 'caused your being'-
I didn't want callously to hurt your feelings.
But what kind of Valentine's Day card would it be
If I compared you to a bucket of KFC?

Happy Valentine's Day to little Moloch

Lurena
Those Hugbot and C Astrid Valentines are so good Paula!

There was this melody in my head for over 24 hours and there was only one way to get rid of it: to put words to it:

There once was a rebel named Del
And Paula was under his spell
She dreamt day and night
Of that guy, so delight
That I hope she will meet him as well…

(can I have silence now please?)

Lurena
The well-known binary message?
(click on the image to start the video)
i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/neoantares/HF/valday.jpg

Insomnia seems to be good for creativity, they say;
I draw and write mostly at night…
…and this…
Edited by Lurena on 14 February 2016 04:20:12

Anniew
What a creative lot we are. A wonderful video,sweet little troll, and a fantastic Valentine to Moloch ( proving that everyone/thing has someone who loves them) I have really enjoyed this thread. Thank you Goldchannel for suggesting it and for your lovely tribute to Cally as well.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.81 seconds
9,129,507 unique visits since 8th January 2014