Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Breaking Doctor Who News
trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Yes, sorry Trevor, should have written sexy ones. And of course ALL the characters in B7 are morally suspect!

The Twitter stuff seems to have come from things Peter has said and been reported in the mirror - which has been hideously accurate so far! And if I were PC to have work for this year and then suffer a hiatus until after 2017 might be the tipping point if put together with BBC higher echelons disappointment in lower ratings. They are obviously going for the Broadchurch factor with their new appointments ( which I hated by the way).

Ah, the Mirror!! Which has been spouting nonsense about Doctor Who since 2005.

It needs a more accurate source than that. Wink

Anniew
Oh I do hope you are right! Smile
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

rojkerr1
bet the new Dr is the guy from Poldark and And then there were none

Klenotka
Nah, Mirror keeps writing about any actor leaving since the beginning, hoping they will eventually get it right. They wrote in Peterīs first year that some inside source claimed he was there to stay just one year.
Peter never said he was leaving, he said "series 10 could be my last" and then added it was just his scottish pessimism and he said basically the same thing last year. It is misquoted out of context and other serious media are taking it over! What happened to a good journalism? Quote a tabloid? Really?

I suppose Peter already decided if he wants to stay or not but really, this "not successful with audiences" is a total b******s.
If anything, 90% of complaints from fans were about Moffat and I donīt think BBC care that much about fans (also, it is not really an opinion or widely agreed by all fans, just the vocal ones) but critically, series 9 was one of the best received in years.

I hate the doom and gloom talk...why would BBC cancel DW? Series 10 is planned, new showrunner was appointed....I know DW fans tend to be oversensitive due to the cancellation in 1989 but it was a different world, different media, and most of all NO internet and online options to get DW. How do you think I watch the show? If I should wait for our TV to air the latest series, I would die of an old age.

I just want to enjoy it without constant reading about somebody leaving, cancelling and similar stuff. It is sadly unavoidable because it seems the only topic for past...well, 9 years...
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 27 January 2016 13:12:46
Donīt be Lasagne

dragonq
I would be seriously peeved if Peter Capaldi left. I know his age is an issue for some people, particularly younger viewers--my daughter is 16, likes 9 & 10, adores 11, and really can't come to grips with why Matt Smith had to turn into this guy with eyebrows. But then Smith is her Doctor and mine was Pertwee. Personally I think casting Peter Capaldi as the Doctor was the best thing Steven Moffat ever did.

What I really dread is the thought of someone having a fit of political correctness and ending up with a female Doctor, the possibility of which people seem to keep bringing up.

JustBrad
Klenotka wrote:
...Peter never said he was leaving, he said "series 10 could be my last" and then added it was just his scottish pessimism and he said basically the same thing last year. It is misquoted out of context and other serious media are taking it over! What happened to a good journalism? Quote a tabloid? Really?

I imagine it will have a lot to do with how comfortable he is with the new production team. If they present some solid story ideas, I could see Peter relenting and staying one more season. As happy as I would be to see him stay 7 seasons, I doubt he will give it more than three or four.

Gauda Cheese
This is great news. I might check the show out again for Chibnall's season.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Klenotka
So it looks like we are getting a name of the new companion tomorrow Smile
Iīll miss the live reveal (I wonīt be home) but I am excited. I canīt wait to see Peter to work with someone completely new. I loved, *loved* him with Jenna but DW is based on a change so this will even change his Doctor.

I just hope it is not another girl from the present day England. I wouldnīt even mind a girl, as long as she is from another time or planet.
Donīt be Lasagne

trevor travis
Fingers crossed for Julia Sawalha or Michelle Ryan.

Anniew
The publicity states it's like no companion he's had before. I was expecting Mrs Overall but the trailer kyboshed that. I suspect it'll be a modern Ace.

Klenotka
NO Michelle Ryan. She was a good one episode companion but I think she would be one of the most annoying companions ever. Unless her character would change as did Donnaīs.
There are a few guesses out there, but I hope none of them is true because I want to be surprised. Also, I am sure that in 99%, I am going to say: "Who?" Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

Gauda Cheese
It'll be an attractive woman. Totally different.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

sweevo
What about having a male companion for a change (similar to Jamie from the Second Doctor/Patrick Troughton era, and Adric from the Fifth Doctor/Peter Davison years)? Hell, even a modern version of the Brigadier would be nice.

Joe Dredd
Anniew wrote:

The publicity states it's like no companion he's had before.

A horse? A hatstand?

I still like Tom Baker's idea of an elderly companion with a walking frame.

The picture from BBC America suggests it's a child.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/DW%20shoes_zpsmehjzcma.jpg

Joe Dredd
I'm told the Everton v Manchester United kick off is about 5.15pm and the announcement will probably happen around 6pm.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/DW%20reveal_zps8vbpjpvp.jpg

JustBrad
Joe Dredd wrote:

I'm told the Everton v Manchester United kick off is about 5.15pm and the announcement will probably happen around 6pm.

To think it's come to this, that DW casting is news worthy of BBC 1 mentioning at half time of MOTD.

We're not a cult any more, we've become mainstream, and we're flirting with becoming a cultural phenomenon.

JustBrad
Gauda Cheese wrote:

It'll be an attractive woman. Totally different.

With an edgy personality?

Anniew
still like Tom Baker's idea of an elderly companion with a walking frame.

Victoria Wood's Acorn Antiques with the amazing Mrs Overall has not reached down under? She's elderly and ga ga which is why she'd be a fun companion.
Dr Who: Mrs Overall can't have gone far. That's the benefit of osteoporosis.

rojkerr1
Pearl Mackie is favourite

President Solvite
Joe Dredd wrote:

I still like Tom Baker's idea of an elderly companion with a walking frame.

Morph'd into the concept of K9 Pfft

Yeah companion NEEDS to be different. A different gender from another time or some other quirk.

They wont though it will be yet another pretty feisty female from a contemporary year. Playing it safe, chasing the ratings as the BBC don't know how or just wont take risks anymore... Despite their claims not to be a commercial organisation ..

Bit of a non event IMO as there is far better stuff waiting in the wings that I am interested in now..

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Black Sails and many others

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.87 seconds
9,815,732 unique visits since 8th January 2014