Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Chronicles vol. 12
Anniew

But does it matter what was written when? Surely the important thing is that we're getting

Yes. Conscious I was getting a bit of a Blakean obsession there. "I have to know I'm right! "
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

guiser
I'm quite disappointed that BF are going full cast exclusively. I enjoyed the first series of full casts, for the most part, but I wasn't so keen on the second. Now I'm wondering whether more and more full casts will really be my kind of thing. I liked the LCs in-depth focus on particular characters and would really miss that if it went.

BradPaula
To be honest, I am just glad we get ANY Blake's 7 audios as they are all enjoyable to me and I cannot get enough of them, but if you ask my opinion, I would rather hear the full cast audios over the single or two-handers, good although they've been. Whatever we do, let's not lose hope, things seem very elastic at Big Finish and I know that many of the people involved are died-in-the-wool Blake's 7 fans at heart and want the best for the range. So do we! But very glad to hear the news for future releases.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

meegat39
BradPaula wrote:

To be honest, I am just glad we get ANY Blake's 7 audios as they are all enjoyable to me and I cannot get enough of them, but if you ask my opinion, I would rather hear the full cast audios over the single or two-handers, good although they've been. Whatever we do, let's not lose hope, things seem very elastic at Big Finish and I know that many of the people involved are died-in-the-wool Blake's 7 fans at heart and want the best for the range. So do we! But very glad to hear the news for future releases.

Well on the on hand I slightly agree with Guiser, but I think if it's a choice of either then full cast is better. My main concern is that with them only continuing the full cast audios, the moment anything happens to one of the actors, they won't be able to continue making them because it wouldn't be full cast anymore... Sad
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Joe Dredd
It's interesting that BF are thinking about recasting Gan.

On the one hand it shows a willingness to bring in other voices to ensure the main characters are represented, a point which becomes infinitely more important with full cast audios. They've already done it with Zen and Orac, but it could extend to Dayna. I'd say they'd never do it with Avon for example, but who's to say - they're now doing Third Doctor audios with a Pertwee soundalike.

On the other hand, the desire to go back to stories set pre-Pressure Point suggests that perhaps they can't see other gaps in the storyline to fit tales into, so we're going to go back to more of Blake fighting the Federation.

JustBrad
Joe Dredd wrote:

Your points are all good ones. The did manage to recast Zen / Orac with great success, finding Allistar Lock, a voice actor indistinguishable from Peter Tuddenham.

Anniew
Given we all accepted Brian Croucher as a substitute Travis perhaps they should just recast Gan and Dayna with good actors and leave it at that!

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Given we all accepted Brian Croucher as a substitute Travis ...

Speak for yourself!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Given we all accepted Brian Croucher as a substitute Travis

Hmmm, he's not a substitute Travis, he IS Travis. Just as Stephen Greif IS Travis.

dragonq
Joe Dredd wrote:

On the other hand, the desire to go back to stories set pre-Pressure Point suggests that perhaps they can't see other gaps in the storyline to fit tales into, so we're going to go back to more of Blake fighting the Federation.

Sorry, but I seem to have missed this bit of news. Are they really thinking to recast Gan?

I always liked Gan as a character and, given that David Jackson is no longer alive, I don't have a problem with the character being recast, any more than I have a problem with the recast Zen/Orac characters. I liked the plays with the recast third doctor, too, and I am a big Pertwee fan, so was prepared to be critical.

I would be really happy to see some of the full cast stories set in the first season. I also have a sneaking suspicion that we may get season 4 stories, given that they have been renegotiating the licence. Josette Simon's participation is obviously a hurdle they would have to deal with, but she's thawed enough to do an audio with them, and you never know: she might have been dipping her toe in their pond. Alternatively, if she's obdurate, there's the option to recast Dayna.

Anniew
My point about casting for Gan is that I'd rather they went for a great actor than a sound-a like unless they can find a combination of the two!

And re Travis, Travisina: explaining the change is a gift for fan fic writers!

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Oh yes, indeed! I have theories to explain Travis' change in looks, voice and personality... Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Oh yes, indeed! I have theories to explain Travis' change in looks, voice and personality... Wink

So have I...

(renegade Timelords get everywhere...)
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Travisina wrote:
I have theories to explain Travis' change in looks, voice and personality... Wink

So have I...

LOL Grin
That's not what I was thinking!

JustBrad

Travisina wrote:

Anniew wrote:

So have I...

They were all over Television in the 60's, 70's, and 80's

The Riddler
Catwoman
Mr Freeze (Three of them alone in Gotham City)
Darren Stevens
Miss Ellie Ewing
Darrio Naharis (Yeah, even now, even in Westeros)
Marilyn Munster
Kristine Kochanski
and even in the 90's: Anna Sheridan.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I have no idea who any of those characters are, though I have heard of catwoman...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

They were all over Television in the 60's, 70's, and 80's

The Riddler
Catwoman
Mr Freeze (Three of them alone in Gotham City)
Darren Stevens
Miss Ellie Ewing
Darrio Naharis (Yeah, even now, even in Westeros)
Marilyn Munster
Kristine Kochanski
and even in the 90's: Anna Sheridan.

You should hear what goes on in (radio soap) The Archers! In the past year or two there have been a whole raft of recasts, the characters now being referred to on the message boards as Nu-Pip, Nu-Tony, Nu-Tom, etc. To make it a little bit relevant to this website, father & son Tony and Tom Archer are now played by RL father & son David and William Troughton Smile

JustBrad

I have no idea who any of those characters are, though I have heard of catwoman...

I can forgive many of the 60's and 70's as well before your time, but you really should know who Anna Sheridan is. Michael Straczynski, creator of B5, took much of his inspiration for B7, the Prisoner, and LOTR.

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

I can forgive many of the 60's and 70's as well before your time, but you really should know who Anna Sheridan is. Michael Straczynski, creator of B5, took much of his inspiration for B7, the Prisoner, and LOTR.

I had to Wiki Anna Sheridan; Babylon 5 is something I have never seen or been interested in looking into tbh.

trevor travis

JustBrad wrote:

I had to Wiki Anna Sheridan; Babylon 5 is something I have never seen or been interested in looking into tbh.

You're not the only one SD - I've never got into B5 either.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
9,087,832 unique visits since 8th January 2014