Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Chronicles vol. 12
Joe Dredd
Teaser trailer now up at Big Finish and on Soundcloud

Big Finish says...

Avon and Cally are back in action in the first Blake's 7 release of 2016 – and you can hear a special preview online now!

Coming in April 2016, Blake's 7: The Liberator Chronicles Volume 12 is a new collection of audio stories from the legendary Terry Nation's science-fiction series – and we're delighted to reveal details of the set's first story.

Corners of the Mind by Andy Lane will see Avon (Paul Darrow) trapped in a labyrinth of puzzles; one which is gradually stealing his memories. He will need all of his wits if he is to survive – and the help of his crew mate Cally (Jan Chappell).

'Corners of the Mind pushes Avon to the fore - and the limit,' says producer Cavan Scott. 'Andy wanted to tackle Avon’s logical mind, forcing our unwilling rebel to use that magnificent brain that he’s so proud of… even if it kills him in the process.'

Two further adventures will also be included in the new box-set – which features a return appearance from David Warner as Vila’s estranged father.

In celebration of the new announcement, we're also pleased to reveal a new trailer for the series – where an old friend gives us a very welcome message!

Joe Dredd
I like the idea of an adventure set in Avon's mind, with Cally providing support telepathically. It could reveal all sorts of details about his past, his own perception of events we've seen - flashbacks, even. And as they're caused by a brain parasite or a psi-worm or whatever Andy Lane has dreamt up, BF can always frame it so we're never sure if we're hearing truth or fantasy. Also, seeing it's a "labyrinth of puzzles", they could even drop in a nod to Paul's appearance on the Adventure Game!

This is an exciting idea! It has the potential to be brilliant, if they can get Avon and his inner voice right.

Spoiler:

I wonder if this will be the resolution to something left behind in "Mindset".

Spaceship Dispatcher
Despite the fact that Big Finish always so strenuously deny being influenced by current and recent trends or ideas in Doctor Who, though doing so to tempt fans of that show to try Blake's 7 would actually be good business sense and not something really needs to be 'denied', this story does seem 'well timed' after last year's Heaven Sent episode with Peter Capaldi's Doctor facing a battle of wits in a labyrinth of puzzles...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Joe Dredd
I must admit my first thoughts were along the lines of a mind palace, or a subconscious hidey-hole.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

I must admit my first thoughts were along the lines of a mind palace, or a subconscious hidey-hole.

Ah, so they're going to strenuously deny being influenced by Sherlock instead... Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

clanger68
I'm over the moon that more is on the way.

Audio is the perfect platform for this kind of story.

Bring it on. Grin
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Spaceresearcher
Terrific news. I was concerned the run was over with the way that releases have been going of late.

Honestly, I'm not so over joyed about a labyrinth of the mind featuring Avon. This is definitely more the realm of Cally than Avon, which indicates that Big Finish are going more for 'Avon Sells' than established Blakes 7 character traits. Still it will be interesting to see how it goes down. Perhaps if it's laid down as a Federation mind control setup or something like that. (Anyone else concerned we might get a dream sequence like we heard in 'The Sevenfold Crown'?).

BradPaula
Terrific news. I have LC#12 preordered.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

littlesue
Joe Dredd wrote:

I like the idea of an adventure set in Avon's mind, with Cally providing support telepathically. It could reveal all sorts of details about his past, his own perception of events we've seen - flashbacks, even. And as they're caused by a brain parasite or a psi-worm or whatever Andy Lane has dreamt up, BF can always frame it so we're never sure if we're hearing truth or fantasy. Also, seeing it's a "labyrinth of puzzles", they could even drop in a nod to Paul's appearance on the Adventure Game!

If that's the case...then that's the end of the series!!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Gauda Cheese
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Despite the fact that Big Finish always so strenuously deny being influenced by current and recent trends or ideas in Doctor Who, though doing so to tempt fans of that show to try Blake's 7 would actually be good business sense and not something really needs to be 'denied', this story does seem 'well timed' after last year's Heaven Sent episode with Peter Capaldi's Doctor facing a battle of wits in a labyrinth of puzzles...

From what I gather wasn't this box set recorded before this years Who stories aired? This has been on the shelf for a while.

Looking forward to this, the Season C releases I look forward to the most..... but I really want to know what they plan to do next with B7
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Gauda Cheese wrote:

From what I gather wasn't this box set recorded before this years Who stories aired? This has been on the shelf for a while.

Erm... nope! See this news thread from Travisina... Blake's 7: Corners of the Mind

Anniew
Listening to the trailer there's an obvious nod to the fact that B7 has been off the Big Finish Menue and is now back with a bang. That is either fortuitous or has been added in more recently.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Gauda Cheese

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Erm... nope! See this news thread from Travisina... Blake's 7: Corners of the Mind

Fine but this box set has been pushed back for ages though. They still could have had the scripts.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

MockingbirdGirl
Fine but this box set has been pushed back for ages though. They still could have had the scripts.

The scripts were not commissioned until the new licensing agreement was settled.

Anniew
Cavan Scott on Twitter. It was written 2 years ago but put on hold because of wrangles about licensing and Mr Darrow's health. The trailer script was written recently.

MockingbirdGirl
And here's what he wrote in September: "a couple of people have asked me about the delay in the boxset on twitter. Unfortunately, we had to effectively stop working on the release while the negotiations were taking place. Now, we can start working again, but this means that scripts have to be commissioned and written, hence the delay to next year."

Anniew
I think we're on the same page Mockingbird. The plans and script for the last of the series of Liberator Chronicles (12) were in place BEFORE the break and put on hold. Then once the licensing issues and health issues were sorted NEW plans were drawn up and new scripts commissioned. ( according to how I interpret what Mr Scott has written. I have no insider knowledge!)

Anniew
pS my Twitter quote is from 21st January 2016.

Travisina
And here's what Cav tweeted today:

"Doing prep for next week’s #blakes7 recordings next week, ‘Capital’ & ‘Punishment’ by Guy Adams - looking forward to these ones. Unlike 'Corners of the Mind', these two were commissioned following last year’s hiatus and the decision to bring the LC to an end. Lots of things to wrap up, but also to set in place things for the future."

So, to summarise:

'Corners of the Mind' was written two years ago, but recording was put on hold. The writer, Andy Lane, tweeted: "Such fun to write. Such torment waiting for the recording. So tragic I was ill on the day and couldn't be there."

However, 'Capital' and 'Punishment' were written after the licensing was sorted out and BF knew that they could continue making B7.

But does it matter what was written when? Surely the important thing is that we're getting more B7, hurrah!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Lentila
So looking forward to new stories! Thanks for the info, Travisina.

I wonder why they are stopping the Chronicles? I prefer full cast, overall, but the Chronicle format has produced some great stories.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,851,666 unique visits since 8th January 2014