Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 1
Hugbot

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Out of the Unknown
BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I think Paula might have been sucked into TAU Space... Oops

i'm here. Just can't think of anything to say about the episode.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
This such great, tense storytelling but really imaginative too. It gives the actors plenty to work with.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
And at the story's heart is a strong relationship, the love of a couple separated by an insurmountable divide.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Absolutely excellent, thanks for sharing this evening!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Goodnight Happy

BradPaula
'Night!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
Goodnight.

A bit confused with that one - how did they suddenly slip into another phase at the end?

trevor travis
On reflection, the weakest episode of OOTU we've seen so far. It just didn't do it for me.

There was a lot of inexplicable stuff going on, plus too many half-baked characters.

We've seen some superb episodes, but this isn't one of them.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Well I love this one and could watch it over and over again! To answer your question posted after I logged off last night about the return slip... references were scattered through the early part of the episode about "TAU Psychology" even before we see the psychic phenomena associated with Omega mode; it's revealed near the end that the atomic modes and the effect on the human mind are actually linked, so that not only does Omega cause mental instability but also vice versa. Thus it's implied, though as with all the best fantasy drama not explained implicitly, that the Captain's drunkenness caused the original slip and the acts of heroism by the control centre manager and his wife slipped it back. In almost proto-Moffat style, love saved the day. I do love the way the premise combined the space fantasy, airline disaster, lost at sea, and surreal fantasy genres.

trevor travis

Well I love this one and could watch it over and over again! To answer your question posted after I logged off last night about the return slip... references were scattered through the early part of the episode about "TAU Psychology" even before we see the psychic phenomena associated with Omega mode; it's revealed near the end that the atomic modes and the effect on the human mind are actually linked, so that not only does Omega cause mental instability but also vice versa. Thus it's implied, though as with all the best fantasy drama not explained implicitly, that the Captain's drunkenness caused the original slip and the acts of heroism by the control centre manager and his wife slipped it back. In almost proto-Moffat style, love saved the day. I do love the way the premise combined the space fantasy, airline disaster, lost at sea, and surreal fantasy genres.

I looked up a couple of reviews last night, which explained what was going on.

They didn't like the episode either Grin

I also misunderstood and thought it was a teleport-like method of transport, where these reviews explained that the ship was actually borrowing through the Earth, and the people were actually trapped in the rock below ground.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I also misunderstood and thought it was a teleport-like method of transport, where these reviews explained that the ship was actually borrowing through the Earth, and the people were actually trapped in the rock below ground.

Sort of both really; it was described like a teleport signal but, whereas as in most fiction that signal is beamed through space or an atmosphere or even directed via satellite, here the idea was that it would be transmitted directly through the planet as the transmission medium.

I found it very interesting as a concept and artistic dramatically on both viewings, so I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Sort of both really; it was described like a teleport signal but, whereas as in most fiction that signal is beamed through space or an atmosphere or even directed via satellite, here the idea was that it would be transmitted directly through the planet as the transmission medium.

I found it very interesting as a concept and artistic dramatically on both viewings, so I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it.

SD, it wouldn't be any fun if we agreed all the time Grin Grin

I've really liked some of the OOTU episodes so far (especially the one where they served a sentence and then had a free kill), so I'm glad you recommended the series.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Are you around next Wednesday for another episode, TT? Paula has already confirmed that she can make it.

trevor travis

Are you around next Wednesday for another episode, TT? Paula has already confirmed that she can make it.

Not sure yet, it looks warmer next week, so I might try to get out on either the Monday or Wednesday.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Not sure yet, it looks warmer next week, so I might try to get out on either the Monday or Wednesday.

No problem, if you let us know next Wednesday that you're not around we'll do a Space:1999 in your absence instead Grin

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

No problem, if you let us know next Wednesday that you're not around we'll do a Space:1999 in your absence instead Grin

No worries - I should know my plans by the weekend!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.40 seconds
9,926,789 unique visits since 8th January 2014