Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 1
trevor travis

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Paul Darrow and Glynis Barber in Hostile Waters - Antaeus Rising
Travisina
The classic PC game Hostile Waters - Antaeus Rising featuring the voices of Paul Darrow, Glynis Barber and Tom Baker is on special offer from Steam at only £5.59 until 6th February. Full details are on their website here: http://store.stea...app/267980

**UPDATE**
Several posters on the Hostile Waters forum on Steam recommends obtaining the game from Gog - http://www.gog.co...eus_rising, after some Steam users experienced difficulties getting the game running. On Gog the game is highly recommended (average 4.5 stars) cheaper ($5.99, with a 30-day money back guarantee) and appears to come with a better compatibility patch for newer versions of Windows, including Windows 8. Furthermore, everything from Gog is DRM-free.

However, if Steam put up a patch for this game, we will let you know.

Edit: Steam have indeed put up a patch - see Decima's post below Cool
Edited by Travisina on 02 February 2014 20:44:44
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
Thanks for that news, Travisina. I'm agog!

Decima
I took the plunge and got this game on Steam. It took a bit of fiddling, but after the patch that was released yesterday, this game should run fine on most PCs now, even Windows 8 ones.

In order to get it running you'll need to track down two files:

HostileSetup.exe
HostileWaters.exe

These usually reside in your 'SteamApps' folder. In my case the full path was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising

You will then need to right-click on each file and bring up the 'Properties' menu.
In the compatibility tab, select compatibility mode 'Windows 98/Windows Me' and also select 'Run this program as administrator'. This needs to be done for both files.

Then just run it as normal and enjoy one of the best and most underrated strategy games of the early 21st Century. Not to mention the dulcet tones of Glynis and Paul with a healthy smattering of Tom Baker thrown in.

Cool

*Update* 3/2/14
As of this evening another patch has been released for this game on Steam which negates the need to fiddle around with file properties. Installation is now completely automated, just download and play. \o/

Cool
Edited by Decima on 03 February 2014 23:57:02

Coser
And at the risk of some serious Threadomancy .....

GoG.com have just put it up at the hugely expensive price of .......
£1.19.

At that price, and depite I bought it when it originally came out in 2001, I'm going to have to add it to my library.

Did anyone ever complete the last mission? I never could get the hang of that one mission.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

JustBrad
It says $2.49 USD. I will give that a go this weekend.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.23 seconds
9,946,522 unique visits since 8th January 2014