Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Oz - Doctor Who: The Mind Robber
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I'm not feeling too well, so my cousin Hamish Travis will be posting for the next 25 minutes Wink

Does that mean Lurena is about to post a puzzle of you that I have to get right? Wink

Och, aye. Something like that Wink

trevor travis
I like the way that Frazer Hines's chicken pox is actually worked in the plot. Very clever.

Spaceship Dispatcher
This being my first experience of the Troughton era, when I watched episode three it was actually a struggle to get used to Frazer Hines because Hamish Wilson had established himself as the character in my mind during this episode.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I like the way that Frazer Hines's chicken pox is actually worked in the plot. Very clever.

It does make me wonder how modern series that are so deeply planned and plotted in advance cope with losing regulars through illness and injury.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
The unicorn was achieved quite effectively...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Episode 3 started...

trevor travis
Patrick Troughton insisted on the 20 minute length of the episode to compensate for the fact that they were being asked to rehearse for an extra episode (the inserted Part 1).

trevor travis
Hamish Wilson's accent is stronger than Frazer's.

trevor travis
SD, can you get the puzzle right this time. You got the nose and eyes both wrong last time Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
One angle that's introduced but not explored fully in later episodes is the mind control aspect; Jamie sees the unicorn in his sleep, not merely as an illusion...

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

SD, can you get the puzzle right this time. You got the nose and eyes both wrong last time Wink

It's not my fault that the reverse side of the puzzle was PS...

trevor travis
I'm back. And so is Frazer Grin

I love how the Doctor would have got it wrong again, but for Zoe Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Patrick Troughton insisted on the 20 minute length of the episode to compensate for the fact that they were being asked to rehearse for an extra episode (the inserted Part 1).

Yes, Mr T was a bit militant on more than one occasion.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not sure what H&S would say about all those candles these days, as you can be sure that the set wasn't made of any special materials...

trevor travis
They need to retain Zoe for "Horns"... she'd get the Doctor and Romana out of the maze in a jiffy.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Yes, Mr T was a bit militant on more than one occasion.

Apparently he wasn't easy to deal with by this time. Guest actors report he was something of a monster (he still was highly protective of the main cast) - the mammoth DW schedule had worn him down. Troughton suggested shorter seasons... but had left by the time they came in.

trevor travis
And talking of Nimon... it's Lord Nimon and Og's cousin Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
I remember being very impressed with the labyrinth itself, and even in hindsight it's a good set.

trevor travis
Gulliver only speaking the words from his books is a clever idea.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Peter Ling was showing off a bit with this script...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
9,104,704 unique visits since 8th January 2014