Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 2
littlesue, meegat39

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blakes 7 on BLURAY
Spaceresearcher
Well here was a surprise to go into the new year with. Hopefully there's a UK release forth coming.

Interesting.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 20 March 2016 18:27:22

Joe Dredd
I hope it comes with a free eyepatch and cutlass.

Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

I hope it comes with a free eyepatch and cutlass.

Smile A special edition courtesy of the overseas pirate brigade you reckon? (Notice it even mentions Big Finish and B7 media on the cover).

Joe Dredd
That cover is lifted wholesale from BF's B7 "Anthology" hardback (Link). You can see where they've scrubbed out "Anthology" on the blu-ray cover. Additionally, the text refers to "1,2,3,4 Season" which is the kind of poor grammar you don't expect from the BBC (also, the font is cacky). Lastly, although professing to cover all four series all the photos and details refer to the first series only (e.g. the cast list at the bottom of the rear sleeve doesn't mention Croucher, Pacey, Simon or Barber.)

trevor travis
This looks highly suspicious - could be a scam.

BradPaula
I think, if Blake's 7 had indeed come out on Blue-Ray... then we would have been one of the first Forums to know about it. Sounds very suspicious to me. "This great film"? nah, would not trust this one bit.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Anniew
Company TECHNOSERVICE work for their clients and are always your interests! We all equipment and products at affordable prices for you! Welcome to our online store!
. Claim from the company selling the 'blueray' DVD. Overseas knock off!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

Could be? : )

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Could be? : )

Or could be Penry, the Mild-Mannered Janitor Wink

MockingbirdGirl
An "official" Blu-Ray release coming from a seller in Bulgaria? Go on, pull the other one.

rojkerr1
blakes 7 would not even transfer effectively to blu ray, the video elements wouldn't stand it, dvd is as good as it gets!

trevor travis
rojkerr1 wrote:

blakes 7 would not even transfer effectively to blu ray, the video elements wouldn't stand it, dvd is as good as it gets!

I would agree... but I would also say it looked extremely impressive on the big screen at BFI.

Coser
rojkerr1 wrote:

Not entirely true, I believe. Although I don't doubt that you could clean up the picture or sound to make a difference, BD does have more storage capacity than DVD. This MAY make it possible to put an entire series on a single disc, so you could end up with a 5 disc collection of the whole lot - seasons 1-4 on discs 1-4, extras on disc 5.

However, I don't see BBC Worldwide - or anyone else for that matter - putting it on a 'Region Free' BD. Region free, and with all the other problems with the spelling, images, etc, show it is definitely a pirate copy.
Edited by Coser on 10 February 2016 12:57:30
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Spaceresearcher
While I'll be waiting until Horizon obtains stock, if it does surface on Bluray, I'll be there to support it.

As everyone proclaims it could just be a knock off and if so we'll all give it the attention it deserves..... BYPASS!!!!!!!

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:

Were the DVD releases transform decoded?

JustBrad
Don't know that you will gain anything even if you could get B7 on Blu Ray.
DVD is higher resolution than they were originally shot, so it's not really going to get any better.

Spaceresearcher
A curious note would be the BBC release of 'Spearhead From Space' the first John Pertwee Dr Who adventure which actually received a Bluray release.

Surely if a production from 1970 could receive the Bluray treatment, then a production from 1978 to 1981 could certainly receive Bluray treatment as well.

Fingers crossed, I believe this equals further hope.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Spaceresearcher wrote:

A curious note would be the BBC release of 'Spearhead From Space' the first John Pertwee Dr Who adventure which actually received a Bluray release.

Surely if a production from 1970 could receive the Bluray treatment, then a production from 1978 to 1981 could certainly receive Bluray treatment as well.

Fingers crossed, I believe this equals further hope.

Not the same situation. Spearhead From Space is unique in the history of Doctor Who as the only story, with the probable exception of the McGann special, to be shot entirely on chemical film and therefore possible to restore to a higher level of picture quality. The rest of Doctor Who and all of Blake's 7 involved videotape recordings that normal dvd already shows to the best possible quality.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

markab2
I'll be sticking with the DVDs! I hate to think how much money I've spent over the years, first the original BBC video edit hacked together 'films' in the late 80s, then the full original VHS releases in the early 90s, then replacing them with the DVDs...now Blu-ray....where do you stop!

Spaceship Dispatcher
markab2 wrote:

...now Blu-ray....where do you stop!

Well, not that there is a blu-ray release to consider yet.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
9,898,230 unique visits since 8th January 2014