Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: Ritter_der_Tiefe

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 96
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Which Episode Wouldn't You Miss?
Astullken
My choices are:

1 The Web
2 Voice from the Past
3 Moloch
4 Power

I made my decisions based on my personal preferences, not on the plot significances of any of the story lines. For all of them they are most often in list of the episodes I least look forward to watching on rewatches. Terminal, Orbit, and Blake top this list because of the emotionally wrenching moments. These other choices have different reasons.

The Web: while I feel for the Decimas plight and Blake's approach to protect them was the best he could come up with on short notice, i also agree with Avon about them taking the destruction of the lab to unneeded extremes. Plus ,i still cant get used tothe noises they make. While the experiments that the Lost were up to such as the web itself and the healing fungus ( what is it with all the fungus?) were interesting scifi, the episode again lost me withe the creepy 'possession' voice in the scene with Jenna.

Voice: biggest problem -the whole thing could have been avoided / simplified if they had done a better job of hog-tying Blake in the first place. I definitely think i have a pet peeve with possession/brainwashing stories. Also while i did not realize that Shivan was Travis on first viewing, the rest of the crew really should have insisted on better security measures for the 'guests' beyond Blake's vouching for them!

Moloch: two words - Ben Steed. It was a tough choice between this and Harvest for differing reasons. Jarvik/Grosse, the bug/ the muppet, tarrants treatment of Vila in both. What finally saved harvest from the chop was despite his cave man behavior, Jarvik was a halfway decent adversary who could outthink Tarrant. If it wasn't for Avon's pet rock he might have won that one.

Power: Also Ben Steed, but more specifically my even bigger peeve of 'war of the sexes' plot lines. Plus almost no Soolin at all, which might have helped the previous problem marginally. Even though this was the first episode of B7 I ever saw, and I must have seen something in it worth sticking around for, *cough* Avon *cough*, it still makes my cut list
"Blake is sitting up in a tree. Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they are planning to throw nuts at one another I don't see much of a fight developing before it get light!" --Avon

rojkerr1
Harvest, because of Jarvik

Travisina
Astullken wrote:

My choices are:

1 The Web
2 Voice from the Past
3 Moloch
4 Power

The imaginary executive producer accepts your choices 1-3.

1. The Web adds nothing to the canon - if anything, it muddies the waters regarding Cally's background (are the Lost ever referenced again?). Going from 'Time Squad' (introducing Cally) to 'Seek-Locate-Destroy' (introducing Servalan & Travis) would make a much better opening story arc for Season A.
2. Voice from the Past is (to quote the imaginary producer's young nephew) an Epic Fail. It's a shame, because it should have been a good ep linking TWB and Blake's obsessive search for Star One, but it's just embarrassingly bad.
3. Although some people are fond of Moloch (aptly summarised as 'Planet of Rapes' in the new edition of Maximum Power), the producer would be pleased to drop this episode. It adds nothing to the story arc in Season C (is there one?) and is offensive on many levels.

4. The only problem with dropping 'Power' is whether it would be possible to go from the end of 'Rescue' (Soolin leaves the cellar) to 'Traitor' - Soolin is now a member of the crew. We'd have to try it on a test audience to see if they feel there's a missing beat, but it might work. Apart from that, there's no other reason to keep Power - unless one prefers that to 'Animals', of course...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Astullken
I admit one kinda needs that last scene at the end of Rescue to tie Soolin into the crew, but its barely a tiny part of whole episede. I get that the challenge was to cut the story in whole cloth, but one could always edit that last scene onto the beginning of Traitor to maintain continuityShock
"Blake is sitting up in a tree. Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they are planning to throw nuts at one another I don't see much of a fight developing before it get light!" --Avon

ScorpioSurvivor81
Travisina wrote:

Astullken wrote:

My choices are:

1 The Web
2 Voice from the Past
3 Moloch
4 Power

The imaginary executive producer accepts your choices 1-3.

1. The Web adds nothing to the canon - if anything, it muddies the waters regarding Cally's background (are the Lost ever referenced again?). Going from 'Time Squad' (introducing Cally) to 'Seek-Locate-Destroy' (introducing Servalan & Travis) would make a much better opening story arc for Season A.
2. Voice from the Past is (to quote the imaginary producer's young nephew) an Epic Fail. It's a shame, because it should have been a good ep linking TWB and Blake's obsessive search for Star One, but it's just embarrassingly bad.
3. Although some people are fond of Moloch (aptly summarised as 'Planet of Rapes' in the new edition of Maximum Power), the producer would be pleased to drop this episode. It adds nothing to the story arc in Season C (is there one?) and is offensive on many levels.

4. The only problem with dropping 'Power' is whether it would be possible to go from the end of 'Rescue' (Soolin leaves the cellar) to 'Traitor' - Soolin is now a member of the crew. We'd have to try it on a test audience to see if they feel there's a missing beat, but it might work. Apart from that, there's no other reason to keep Power - unless one prefers that to 'Animals', of course...

Power is a masterpiece as is Animals Grin I'll get my head checked as soon as possible.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.31 seconds
9,501,751 unique visits since 8th January 2014