Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Which Episode Wouldn't You Miss?
Spaceship Dispatcher
I suppose bypassing the whole problem and repeating Buck Rogers in the 25th Century instead isn't an option? Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I suppose bypassing the whole problem and repeating Buck Rogers in the 25th Century instead isn't an option? Wink

Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

Grin

GrinGrin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

But for the purpose of this exercise, pretend you've been summoned by a TV Exec because of your in-depth knowledge of the show. He needs to know which episodes could be dropped with the least detrimental effect on each season and the overall series.

But if we have to stick to your criteria Travisina, then we would have to keep Animals, to tie in with the storyline whereby they are looking for scientists to join them...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

But for the purpose of this exercise, pretend you've been summoned by a TV Exec because of your in-depth knowledge of the show. He needs to know which episodes could be dropped with the least detrimental effect on each season and the overall series.

But if we have to stick to your criteria Travisina, then we would have to keep Animals, to tie in with the storyline whereby they are looking for scientists to join them...

We would only have to keep Animals if Justin had joined actually them (shudder, shudder, shudder) - but he doesn't, and therefore it makes no difference if the episode is dropped. In fact, it would actually help the overall series, because it's in Animals there's that reference to the length of the Galactic War that contradicts the evidence in other episodes and has caused so much ...er ... discussion on this website!

Anniew
We could always get Avon to shoot the TV Exec. "He's betrayed us, Avon...all of us, even you.... He's planning to cancel four of your shows. You'll never get to wear that nice black shirt, or show how clever you are at solving mysteries. Sophron will remain undiscovered and Pella will hang around on Xenon causing trouble. And if we're not very careful, we'll have to share screen time with Og. Shoot him down like a dog before it's too late"
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

meegat39
Anniew wrote:

We could always get Avon to shoot the TV Exec. "He's betrayed us, Avon...all of us, even you.... He's planning to cancel four of your shows. You'll never get to wear that nice black shirt, or show how clever you are at solving mysteries. Sophron will remain undiscovered and Pella will hang around on Xenon causing trouble. And if we're not very careful, we'll have to share screen time with Og. Shoot him down like a dog before it's too late"

Annie, lol! Grin preserving the black shirt is essential and the wearer of it!

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:Also - stern look at Trevor Travis - no retconning or tweaking of existing episodes is possible, so no inserting Og into other episodes or moving lines of dialogue between episodes!

Awww, I was having fun going all George Lucas and retconning the whole tale. Grin

I also had plans to add extra effects into Gan's death scene, so that it looks half-decent and not something that was rushed through at 9.59pm one evening Wink

And surely, for the sake of Littlesue, we can take Avon's black shirt from the ditched "Voice From The Past" and use a bit of modern-day jiggery-pokery to allow him to wear it elsewhere. How about "Time Squad" in place of the pottery smock? Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
A sub-question to the original one is, with twelve episodes chosen, would you stick to the same broadcast order? Moving things around to tighten certain arcs has been touched upon.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Travisina

A sub-question to the original one is, with twelve episodes chosen, would you stick to the same broadcast order? Moving things around to tighten certain arcs has been touched upon.

I'll allow that one - although you can't re-edit the episodes, you can change the broadcast order.

IRL, in our interview with Colin Davis we asked him about Avon's laugh at the end of Gold, whether he'd written it to lead into the final eps and Avon losing the plot. Colin said that when he wrote it, the episode order hadn't yet been decided and 'Gold' could have ended up anywhere (obviously after Servalan had been reintroduced in Traitor).

So for Season A, I'll be dropping The Web, and moving Mission to Destiny between Breakdown and Bounty. Why lose 'The Web'? Because it does Cally no favours, and I think she's much better served in MtD, with her interactions with Blake and Avon.

trevor travis

I'd already taken that liberty Wink

I even moved one episode between seasons Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I'd already taken that liberty Wink

Along with several other liberties! Teacher crossed that essay out with red pen and sent you to the naughty corner for renaming all the episodes to include Og; she wants you to come up with something sensible, don't you Mrs Travisina? Wink

Travisina

trevor travis wrote:

I'd already taken that liberty

Along with several other liberties! Teacher crossed that essay out with red pen and sent you to the naughty corner for renaming all the episodes to include Og; she wants you to come up with something sensible, don't you Mrs Travisina?

You're a fine one for taking liberties, young Trevor! You should see the way that TV Exec sighs and rolls his eyes and tut-tuts when your suggestions cross his desk. He did pin your Season Og list on the wall, though, and is currently using it as a dartboard.

trevor travis
OK, I'll behave this time Grin

No remastering, simply 4 batches of 12 episodes

The Way Back
Space Fall
Cygnus Alpha
Time Squad
The Web
Seek-Locate-Destroy
Duel
Project Avalon
Breakdown
Deliverance
Orac
Redemption

Shadow
Horizon
Weapon
Bounty
Pressure Point
Trial
Killer
Countdown
Gambit
The Keeper
Star One
Aftermath

Powerplay
City At The Edge Of The World
Volcano
The Harvest Of Kairos
Ultraworld
Moloch
Dawn Of The Gods
Children Of Auron
Rumours Of Death
Sacrophagus
Death-Watch
Terminal

Rescue
Power
Traitor
Stardrive
Assassin
Sand
Games
Headhunter
Gold
Orbit
Warlord
Blake

Travisina
The TV Exec pondered your latest list. He acknowledged that you've been quite canny in dropping certain episodes that won't be missed, and rearranging the others into credible story arcs. However, he was a bit dubious about losing the end of season cliff hangers between seasons A-B and B-C. He is going to consult his fellow execs for their views on this.

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

The TV Exec pondered your latest list. He acknowledged that you've been quite canny in dropping certain episodes that won't be missed, and rearranging the others into credible story arcs. However, he was a bit dubious about losing the end of season cliff hangers between seasons A-B and B-C. He is going to consult his fellow execs for their views on this.

That's modern audiences for you. They don't like long waits for conclusions of season arcs. Season B still has a cliffhanger of sorts - the wait to see what that curly-headed gentleman is all about Wink

littlesue
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

That's modern audiences for you. They don't like long waits for conclusions of season arcs. Season B still has a cliffhanger of sorts - the wait to see what that curly-headed gentleman is all about Wink

What? Are you seriously expecting me to wait a whole year (or is it several months?) before I find out who this curly haired one is?
Nooooo, that's not fair.
Meanwhile...
...where is Mission to Destiny?
A 'Ampshire street sign is being prepared.......................................................
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:
Meanwhile...
A 'Ampshire street sign is being prepared.......................................................

It's not B7 enough. Wink

meegat39
littlesue wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

What? Are you seriously expecting me to wait a whole year (or is it several months?) before I find out who this curly haired one is?
Nooooo, that's not fair.
Meanwhile...

An Avon one too!! Grin

trevor travis
OK, here’s the justifications for my ordering. As you can see, I’ve changed Season C again, for the reasons explained below.

Season A:

The Way Back
Space Fall
Cygnus Alpha
Time Squad
The Web
Seek-Locate-Destroy
Duel
Project Avalon
Breakdown
Deliverance
Orac
Redemption

Reasons for this ordering:
• Opening six episodes need to stay in original order, as tend to build from each other. Even “The Web” is difficult to move, since the implication is that Cally has only just joined the crew. “Time Squad” does end with Zen setting course for Centero (I assume they are caught in the web en route), so one alternative could be to drop “The Web” and replace with “Mission To Destiny” between “Project Avalon” and “Breakdown”. However, “The Web” is more B7-like and portrays Blake in a more positive light than many other episodes (which is needed for balance), whereas “Mission To Destiny” feels more generic and less of a B7-specific episode.
• SLD, Duel, Project Avalon trilogy of episodes are now consecutive episodes.
• Deliverance, Orac, Redemption trilogy of episodes now occur within same season, so modern day audiences don’t have to wait months for resolution of the plot.
• “Redemption” ends with Blake setting course for Earth sector – a neat parallel to the end of “The Way Back” and therefore a good way to finish the season.

Season B:

Shadow
Horizon
Weapon
Bounty
Pressure Point
Trial
Killer
Countdown
Gambit
The Keeper
Star One
Aftermath

• “Shadow” is a very strong season opener, and starts to question e.g. the right of Blake’s cause, something this season will delve into, in greater depth. “Horizon” follows on, as it is another key episode in this respect, with the fascinating discussions between Ro, The Kommissar and Blake.
• To accommodate “Redemption” into Season A, it is necessary to move one episode the other way. “Bounty” is the best fit – having the feel of a more-talkative Season B script.
• The Servalan/Travis stories have to stay in the same order. The Travis story arc does not suffer from the omission of “Hostage” and “Voice From The Past”, we simply find Travis now outlawed from the Federation in “Gambit” following on from “Trial” – this fits quite neatly.
• Star One & Aftermath now occur within same season, so modern day audiences don’t have to wait months for resolution of the plot.
• However the season still ends with a nice little teaser – who is the chap that Avon and Dayna have just encountered on the Liberator?

Season C:

Powerplay
City At The Edge Of The World
Volcano
The Harvest Of Kairos
Moloch
Dawn Of The Gods
Ultraworld
Death-Watch
Children Of Auron
Rumours Of Death
Sarcophagus
Terminal

• “Powerplay” is again a very strong season opener, while “City” fits in well right at the start of the season – Tarrant feels less of a bully if he’s only just joined the Liberator crew himself and is a bit insecure in his own position.
• Servalan seems to have done an awful lot between Powerplay and Volcano, so I wanted an episode between them. However, Volcano has to come early on, because of the mention that they are still searching for Blake at this point.
• I’ve tried to get the Servalan episodes in a more logical order. In “Moloch”, the Federation seems quite weak still (she goes on a long journey to the edge of space simply to try to recover one fleet), so this has to come early on. Despite it doesn’t feature Servalan, “Ultraworld” does contain a line that Servalan’s Federation is expanding rapidly. This is followed by “Death-Watch”, which sees the Federation at its strongest within this season. Servalan then feels comfortable and is following her own personal agenda (she wants babies) in “Children Of Auron”. However, she takes her eye off the ball and the result is an overthrow attempt (Rumours). She doesn’t recover her power base, creates the Sleer persona (she has to do this before “Terminal”, since “Rescue”, “Power” and “Traitor” all seem to follow on quite quickly from the events on Terminal), and then lures Avon into a trap.
• COA/Rumours/Sacrophagus are a trilogy of sorts (an emotional trilogy), so I’ve keep them in the same order. I wanted them closer to the end of the season, to give Avon less time to recover before he does something really stupid in “Terminal”. Also, everyone is getting on far too well in “Death-Watch”, for it to come directly before “Terminal”.
• I haven’t changed the season ending in this case, despite “Terminal” and “Rescue” being, in effect, a two-part story. This is due to the original Series D having quite a different visual feel, so I feel those episodes should remain in their own season. “Terminal” could quite easily be the opening episode of Season D, although it would have the problem that it’s impossible to push an episode in the opposite direction, to the inclusion of Scorpio, Soolin and all!

Season D:

Rescue
Power
Traitor
Stardrive
Assassin
Sand
Games
Headhunter
Gold
Orbit
Warlord
Blake

• First four episodes have to remain in the same order, as they follow on from each other. Likewise “Gold” and “Orbit” both see Avon starting to unravel, and therefore I feel they shouldn’t be moved, to maintain the ‘Avon on the edge of a cliff’ feel of the final four episodes.
• “Assassin” brought forward to give Soolin a stronger episode earlier on, and likewise “Sand” brought forward to give Servalan a stronger episode earlier on.
• “Headhunter” moved back, simply to have a bit of light relief before the emotional hammer of the final four episodes. It also gives the season a better balance to have less consecutive episodes with Servalan, and perhaps makes Servalan’s appearance at the end of “Gold” as just slightly more of a surprise.
Edited by trevor travis on 21 December 2015 13:20:28

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,826,930 unique visits since 8th January 2014