Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Which Episode Wouldn't You Miss?
trevor travis
I’ve now re-ordered my batches of 12. To compensate for the loss of “Animals”, some of Derek will be re-shot with added Og.

Space Fall
Cygnus Alpha
Time Squad
The Web
Seek-Locate-Destroy
Duel
Breakdown
Project Avalon
The Way Back (told as a flashback)
Bounty
Deliverance
Orac

Redemption
Horizon
Killer (with a line added how Gan is sick in his room!)
Weapon
Shadow
Pressure Point
Trial
Volcano (well, it was originally wrote for Blake and Jenna!)
Countdown
Gambit
The Keeper
Star One

Aftermath
Powerplay
City At The Edge Of The World
The Harvest Of Kairos
Ultraworld
Dawn Of The Gods
Children Of Auron
Rumours Of Death
Sacrophagus
Death-Watch
Moloch
Terminal

Og To The Rescue
The Power Of Og
Is Og a Traitor?
Og acquires a Stardrive
Og and the Assassin
Playing Games With Og
Headhunter 0, Og 7
Sand gets in Og’s underpants
Og And The Mysterious Tale Of The Black Gold
Ogbit
Og and the pink-haired Warlord
Blake meets Og

meegat39
meegat39 wrote:

Season 1: Bounty - no way am I ditching M to D!!
Season 2: I originally said Trial because I find Zil irritating and I am absurdly attached to Voice from the Past, however Annie has reminded me of the snoozefest that is The Keeper, so it would definitely be this instead.
Season 3: Ultraworld, I find the Dayna/Tarrant "love scene" awful and I'm not a great lover of the concept either. Runner up: Volcano
Season 4: It's a close run thing but I'll have to go with Animals even there though are some good moments in it. Runner up: Traitor

so here it is the final list.

1 Bounty
2 The Keeper
3 Ultraworld (cringe) Actually should it be called Cringeworld?? Grin
4 Animals

I've edited this, so quoting myself...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

Og To The Rescue
The Power Of Og
Is Og a Traitor?
Og acquires a Stardrive
Og and the Assassin
Playing Games With Og
Headhunter 0, Og 7
Sand gets in Og’s underpants
Og And The Mysterious Tale Of The Black Gold
Ogbit
Og and the pink-haired Warlord
Blake meets Og

Oh TT,you do make me laugh!! Grin

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

Season 3: Ultraworld, I find the Dayna/Tarrant "love scene" awful and I'm not a great lover of the concept either. Runner up: Volcano

Isn’t the love scene in “Ultraworld” supposed to be a bit fake – Dayna and Tarrant are simply playing up for the cameras. I find the scene amusing, especially when it turns out the Dayna has explosives in her mouth (dangerous girl to be with!!), plus of course the big bang followed by “Is that part of the bonding ceremony?” Grin Grin

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Isn’t the love scene in “Ultraworld” supposed to be a bit fake – Dayna and Tarrant are simply playing up for the cameras. I find the scene amusing, especially when it turns out the Dayna has explosives in her mouth (dangerous girl to be with!!), plus of course the big bang followed by “Is that part of the bonding ceremony?” Grin Grin

Well that's as well as may be, but it just makes me feel sick watching them and I also hate the squidgy orange brain. That isn't to say there aren't good parts in the episode. I love the Ultra and their blueness for example, but their whole fascination with the "human bonding ceremony" just doesn't sit well either. Just seems like perversion really. Maybe the episode just hasn't got enough Avon in it either for me Grin

Anniew
TT. Derek would definitely have been improved by an Og Feste. I hope you are going to provide scripts - at least for Og meets Blake. If you don't I guess I'll have to!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

TT. Derek would definitely have been improved by an Og Feste. I hope you are going to provide scripts - at least for Og meets Blake. If you don't I guess I'll have to!

Annie, I've already put Og into "Blake" into the 2014 Advent Calendar (he saves the day by charging at the guards, and everyone lives happily ever after) and Og into "Orbit" into this year's calendar (he saves the day by having a close shave, and everyone lives happily ever after). Wink

Well, when I say everyone lives happily ever after, Blake still dies in "Blake" - in fact, I even ended up killing Blake in "Orbit" ShockGrin
Edited by trevor travis on 18 December 2015 14:34:17

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Well, when I say everyone lives happily ever after, Blake still dies in "Blake" - in fact, I even ended up killing Blake in "Orbit" ShockGrin

When are going to rewrite Cygnus Alpha? Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Anniew
I'm a Div TT! Only just realised what the Gauda Prime moment signified! Haven't read the 2014 Callendar. Will do so pronto. I was envisaging Og saving Blake as well as Avon and Vila but 2 out of 3 ain't so bad!

Gauda Cheese
Season A
I'd have to go with Bounty. I like the episode a great deal, but Sarkoff annoys me. But really I'd much rather take out two from season B

Season B
Hostage: Cousin Kissing, Vila keeping watch, styrofoam rock deaths, CRIMOS! Yeah it has to go.

Voice From The Past: Do I have to explain why?

Season C
Moloch: For obvious reasons and the fact the follow Servalan for nearly a month and let her live.

Season D
Animals: Because in my canon, Dayna did not have a creepy love affair with anyone!
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Child Of Auron
Reading everyone's comments is interesting. I will probably post this and then think again in the morning but...

A) Bounty. A weak padded story which doesn't really develop anyone or the overall plot

Cool Hostage. Another weak story though there are some great Servalan scenes. Her banter with Joban is excellent but the rest is pants

C) This is the toughest one but I think Moloch just edges out Ultraworld. Even though Avon and Cally are pretty much sidelined in Ultraworld the banter with the crew is strong and I have vivid memories of this story from my childhood. Moloch has nothing, it makes no sense with the crew out of character and a silly rushed ending.

D) Animals. The nadir of B7. And I just can't watch it because the lines are so obviously Cally and not Dayna. A basic re-write could have avoided that

atomicmayo
If we're talking one episode for each season I'd go with...

S1 - Mission to Destiny: I liked the concept of omg murder mystery in space but it just kinda drags for me...

S2 - Weapon - and this is a shallow reason but it irritated me that it introduced Carnell and then he's never mentioned again... Pfft. (I've listened to Kaldor City for more or him but it just ain't the same...)

S3 - Harvest of Kairos or Moloch.

S4 - Power. ...*cough*...

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
dragonq
Easy. The Web. Voice from the Past. Volcano. Quite a lot of season 4, but I will settle for Games, which I find inexplicably boring, to the point where I've never been able to watch it through more than once.

meegat39
dragonq wrote:

Easy. The Web. Voice from the Past. Volcano. Quite a lot of season 4, but I will settle for Games, which I find inexplicably boring, to the point where I've never been able to watch it through more than once.

I find Games quite boring as well. I thought I was the only one!

Anniew
I'd keep ALL the Ben Steed episodes because they make me laugh out loud and also because they provoke such discussion and dissent.

In fact the more I play this game, the more I realise I couldn't bear to give up a single episode.....Even the less interesting ones have something that has lodged in my memory and I remember with affection. Avon as Miss Marples/ the wonderfully staged cinema scene in Voice with Servalan's on- screen appearance. Avon and his rock explosion on the flight deck. Vila, ' there isn't a volcano alive that would dare to set Avon'. Blake smashing records. Oh I love them all.

dragonq
Well, I have a fondness for the second season. Voice from the past is the weakest episode, but I don't really dislike it. Volcano and Games are just boring viewing, which is in my opinion, a better reason to throw something out just because it's silly or has bad effects.

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I've just had a weird thought. Does it work if you drop "The Way Back" and start at "Space Fall"?

Not that I think I'd want to, because "The Way Back" is such a strong episode.

'The Way Back' is the foundation stone of the entire series, but it is not representative of the series as a whole. When Grandson said yes to me asking if he wanted to watch B7 after loving every minute of The Champions, I actually started with Spacefall, because by today's standards TWB is very slow (well for a 9 year old as he was then, it would be!). It was later on after he had watched several of the episodes that we went back to TWB and he was able to sit through it and understand just what Blake was up against.

I always suggest to any newcomers that they should start with Spacefall...because TWB could possibly put them off what is by far and way the best BBC TV show ever.

And I still want Mission to Destiny to stay in....where is that TV Exec?????
Could we perhaps slot the first part of VFTP into somewhere? Because it's worth it just for the gorgeous black shirt (and contents) and the moment Avon hugs, cuddles, holds, gives comfort to etc, etc...a very unhinged Blake!

Your comments about not showing TWB to your grandson are interesting. I love TWB (even though it wasn't the first ep of B7 I ever saw) as a powerful dystopian drama, and it's a terrific introduction to Blake, Jenna and Vila. If I were advising the TV Exec, I'd tell him I think it should stay in. However, Avon in a 'gorgeous black shirt' is not enough of a reason to keep one episode at the expense of another!

As for which eps to drop - I was further mulling over this while re-reading 'Blake's Heaven', because several writers' first introduction to B7 was via the edited videos. There was one who wrote of having to reconcile his audio tape of Deliverance with the heavily-edited video version and the novelisation - three different versions of the same ep. Having got used to the heavily edited version, he found the full length ep, when released on DVD, felt overlong and padded.

We all have a variety of different fave episodes, fave scenes, fave characters and fave costumes for the characters. But for the purpose of this exercise, pretend you've been summoned by a TV Exec because of your in-depth knowledge of the show. He needs to know which episodes could be dropped with the least detrimental effect on each season and the overall series. So, you may not like particularly like eg 'The Keeper' or 'Traitor', but they feed into the rest of the series and have to remain.

Also - stern look at Trevor Travis - no retconning or tweaking of existing episodes is possible, so no inserting Og into other episodes or moving lines of dialogue between episodes!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
@Travisina...'However, Avon in a 'gorgeous black shirt' is not enough of a reason to keep one episode at the expense of another!'

Oh yes it is Grin

As it is, the first part of VFTP is great....its the rest of it that lets it down...I wonder if it could be rededited and added to another episode...

How about 12 and half episodes? Or is the TV exec really mean?.............Boo Hiss

And still my pondering goes on..............................................
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

@Travisina...'However, Avon in a 'gorgeous black shirt' is not enough of a reason to keep one episode at the expense of another!'

Oh yes it is Grin

LOL Grin
You've still got your 'fan' head rather than your 'B7 expert' head on!

As it is, the first part of VFTP is great....its the rest of it that lets it down...I wonder if it could be rededited and added to another episode...

Nope, not an option! But by all means keep VftP and drop another S2 episode instead. You could make the point to the Exec that 'Voice' is part of Blake's story arc that begins with The Way Back, and therefore should be retained. (He is unlikely to be swayed by arguments based on a certain character's shirt Wink )

How about 12 and half episodes? Or is the TV exec really mean?.............Boo Hiss

He isn't mean, he just has a job to do. He has been told by the powers that be (the broadcaster, the schedulers, the advertisers, whoever pulls the strings in these convoluted hierarchies) that they can only screen 12 eps per series. The decision isn't his to reverse, and he isn't familiar with B7, so he's consulting an expert (you!) for advice...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

...Nope, not an option!...

Darn it...
I suppose an offer of a wad of dosh would not help him change his mind?
Meanwhile...still I ponder...I shall put Me Thinking Head on.................Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,126,406 unique visits since 8th January 2014