Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Favourite Star Wars film
scott g
my order is empire, star wars, jedi then ep1, 2 and 3. I prefer Jake LLoyd to Hayden Christensen as I still find Hayden too whiney.

Coser
trevor travis wrote:

Coser wrote:

Empire Strikes Back.

Yoda training Luke.
Battle for Hoth
"I am your Father!"
and Michael Sheard.

What more could you ask for?

Ben training Luke > Yoda training Luke
Attack on Death Star > Battle for Hoth
Peter Cushing > Michael Sheard

I'll give you the other one, but it's still gotta be Star Wars > Empire Strikes Back.

No, just no.

How can you say attack on a moon sized battle station with one MASSIVE weakness which can be exploited by the other side is better than a strategic retreat that is planned, defensible, and orderly? Compare the costs on each side. The empire lost orders of magnitude more with the loss of the death star than the alliance ever could afford, and yet the alliance escaped the empires clutches on Hoth with minimal losses. Hoth was the more intelligent battle, the death star was really a galactic white elephant that the Empire didn't learn from. [Dang, it got blowed up, make a bigger one, hur, hur. More Power!] and while they were at it, they supersized a star destroyer too. And yet they still haven't learnt the error of their ways by episode 7. Bigger still, more power, unlimited rice pudding, and a bigger vulnerable spot on the exterior than ever before. Arguably the second would have been better if the Alliance hadn't managed to get it destroyed before it was completed. (And of course, there have been 3 attacks on a death star now, but there is still only one Battle for Hoth!)

As for Ben being better than Yoda, I'd say that was more equal. Ben's training was a lot shorter ands relied heavily on "You can do it, Trust me", but was also a loead more subtle than Yoda's, which consisted of "Work harder, do as I say, now do this at the same time."

And Cushing or Sheard is not a debate I am prepared to go into. Both are amazing actors, I knew Michael personally but have never met Peter Cushing, and when it comes down to it, it's a matter of personal choice.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Coser
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Coser wrote:

Empire Strikes Back.

Yoda training Luke.
Battle for Hoth
"I am your Father!"
and Michael Sheard.

What more could you ask for?

Carrie Fisher in a bikini! Ewoks! More Ewoks!!

Still gotta be Return of the Jedi Shock

SD, you ought to be ashamed of yourself if that's the only thing you can think of when trying to list RotJ's best points!

Grin
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Coser wrote:

SD, you ought to be ashamed of yourself if that's the only thing you can think of when trying to list RotJ's best points!

Grin

Well, your question was a subjective one... what more could I ask for from a Star Wars film? Wink

I could happily rewatch all of the Leia/Jabba sequence, the Ewok scenes, and everything with Rey... but not worry too much about rewatching any other parts of the seven films. Star Wars doesn't especially float my boat, unless I'm sharing it in the company of people who are more into it like TT's online rewatches at Xmas.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
I could happily rewatch all of the Leia/Jabba sequence, the Ewok scenes, and everything with Rey

I need to rewatch RotJ again... I missed that bit Grin Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I could happily rewatch all of the Leia/Jabba sequence, the Ewok scenes, and everything with Rey... but not worry too much about rewatching any other parts of the seven films. Star Wars doesn't especially float my boat, unless I'm sharing it in the company of people who are more into it like TT's online rewatches at Xmas.

Read the whole post and keep up at the back there, Smithers...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Read the whole post and keep up at the back there, Smithers...

It's just that if Rey was in RotJ, it would help convince me that George Lucas wasn't making things up as he went along, and really had nine films planned in his head Wink

Coser
Wait for the inevitable "Special Editions", I'm sure he'll turn up.

Possibly to shoot Greedo for Han, Punch Jabba in the head and pay Han's debt.

trevor travis
Coser wrote:

He?

Rey is definitely female. Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Definitely. Wink

Gauda Cheese
Empire 10
Jedi 9
Sith 8
Star Wars 8
Clones 5
Menace 3
Awakens 0

That's my order.
Edited by Gauda Cheese on 19 April 2016 22:13:41
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Coser
trevor travis wrote:

Coser wrote:

He?

Sorry, shows how much interest I have in that one. First SW outing for the house of mouse ends up being a rehash of the original in so many ways, it became instantly forgettable for me.

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Empire
Jedi
Sith
Star Wars
Clones
Menace
Awakens

That's my order.

Star Wars 10
Jedi 9
Empire 9
Awakens 9
Sith 5
Menace 4
Clones 2

Gauda Cheese
Coser wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Coser wrote:

He?

Sorry, shows how much interest I have in that one. First SW outing for the house of mouse ends up being a rehash of the original in so many ways, it became instantly forgettable for me.

She's the one that looks Keira Knightly, but more wooden Oops

Glad I'm not alone.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

President Solvite
Well the new chapter is coming on BR and DVD this week, looking forward to reappraise it. But personally I thought it held up well to the originals.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
markab2
Just seen the force awakens for the first time. I have to admit I generally liked it and yes it did feel 'familiar' to the original Star Wars, but it was an enjoyable viewing. I think it helps when you 'like' the characters whether it be the original cast or the fresh faces. For me that's where the prequels didn't do it for me, they were just damn right DULL!

President Solvite
It helps most of it were costume and model fx and not green screen.

It also improves in my view with repeated viewings missed so much on first outing

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
atomicmayo
...given that I know nothing about the Star Wars franchise whatsoever (I watched the movies once about a decade ago and remember nothing about them) my favorite has to be... The Holiday Special. It's even weirder when you barely know about the *actual* movies.
my tumblr | my twitter | my deviantart | my patreon

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
9,797,010 unique visits since 8th January 2014