Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Favourite Star Wars film
trevor travis
Just been doing some somewhat confusing internet research, simply because it seems George Lucas starting tampering with the original Star Wars film as early as around the time of the release of The Empire Strikes Back.

George Lucas had the idea of Star Wars actually coming somewhere in the middle of the saga around this time. Therefore, the title "Star Wars II - The Empire Stirkes Back" was shortened to simply "The Empire Strikes Back" for the second film, and "Episode IV: A New Hope" was added to top of the scroll for Star Wars, even though the film was only called Star Wars until the prequels came along.
Edited by trevor travis on 15 December 2015 22:17:09

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Just been doing some somewhat confusing internet research, simply because it seems George Lucas starting tampering with the original Star Wars film as early as around the time of the release of The Empire Strikes Back.

George Lucas had the idea of Star Wars actually coming somewhere in the middle of the saga around this time...

Contrary to Lucas' subsequent claims that Star Wars was always intended from the outset to be the fourth episode in the middle of a saga that would expand in both directions (sequels and prequels) to make up the series we will have post-Disney.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Now found a date. "Episode IV: A New Hope" was added at the top of the scroll for a theatrical re-release on April 10th, 1981.

The film was still referred to as Star Wars at that point.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

George Lucas had the idea of Star Wars actually coming somewhere in the middle of the saga around this time...

Contrary to Lucas' subsequent claims that Star Wars was always intended from the outset to be the fourth episode in the middle of a saga that would expand in both directions (sequels and prequels) to make up the series we will have post-Disney.

It's Lucas' subsequent misleading claims that have caused much confusion.

Fortunately, we have people such as Brad who saw the original enough times to know the truth Wink

Anniew
Empire strikes back was my favourite. A bit grittier than the first ( or 4th - this is more times whim y than Dr Who) and less sappy than the third ( or 5th).
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Gauda Cheese
Empire of course. It's one of my favourite movies of all time.

I'll be seeing the new one in a week or two, so interested to see what you all think. I'm not a JJ Abrams fan so this isn't a MUST see for me, that and I loved the EU.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

BradPaula
I'm going to say The Empire Strikes Back, followed closely by the original Star Wars. I don't like the new versions and I sincerely hope JJ Abrams gets it right with the new blockbuster about to premiere.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Hugbot
To add to the timey-whimey confusion: https://www.youtu...mTpOQrqoO0

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

To add to the timey-whimey confusion: https://www.youtu...mTpOQrqoO0

That's marvellous! Completely bonkers, but marvellous.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

meegat39
In case any of you missed this weather forecast I highly recommend watching it, it's brilliant!

https://www.youtu...slJQUMc9yA
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

In case any of you missed this weather forecast I highly recommend watching it, it's brilliant!

https://www.youtu...slJQUMc9yA

Superb!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
I like the fact the weather girl was so understated! No knowing glances! Made it all do much funnier! Thank you for posting Meegat.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

meegat39
Anniew wrote:

I like the fact the weather girl was so understated! No knowing glances! Made it all do much funnier! Thank you for posting Meegat.

It was my pleasure!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Watched a trailer for the new film for the first time today, at my local cinema, and now I'm really looking forward to seeing it...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
One further Star Wars tit-bit.

Why is there not even a hint that Vader is Luke's father in the original Star Wars?

Well, because George Lucas didn't think of that until he was writing the second draft of "Empire" in 1978, the year after the first film was out.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

One further Star Wars tit-bit.

Why is there not even a hint that Vader is Luke's father in the original Star Wars?

Well, because George Lucas didn't think of that until he was writing the second draft of "Empire" in 1978, the year after the first film was out.

I used to believe that Vader was Luke's father all along... but no... The original draft of Empire had the Force Ghost of Anakin Skywalker telling Luke that he had a sister.

GoldChannel
for me, it's The Phantom Menace

((i have to sigh because i usually expect the same remarks every time i say this...))

although given a few more hundred watches, The Force Awakens might, might, just top it

Spaceship Dispatcher
GoldChannel wrote:

for me, it's The Phantom Menace

((i have to sigh because i usually expect the same remarks every time i say this...))

*stunned silence*

Wink

meegat39
Watched Empire last night. Oh boy, Leiah is going to regret those big kisses on Luke's lips when she finds out he's her brother!!

JustBrad
meegat39 wrote:

Watched Empire last night. Oh boy, Leiah is going to regret those big kisses on Luke's lips when she finds out he's her brother!!

More proof that George Lucas was making it up as he went along.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
9,130,526 unique visits since 8th January 2014