Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Dr Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
The episodes: Human Nature/Family of Blood
The date: Wednesday 25th November
The time: 7.45pm UK time

Starring David Tennant, Freema Agyeman and Jessica Hynes

All are welcome to join Trevor Travis and myself for our rewatch of this nu-Who classic from 2007; having just listened to the original novel for the first time, this will be the first time I have been able to compare the tv adaptation to it...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just a reminder about this rewatch this evening! Really looking forward to this one, not only for the above mentioned reason but also because I have caught up with some of Jessica Hynes' other tv work since last watching this story...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
***AMENDED TIME***

This rewatch will now start at 7pm this evening.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Good evening! Happy

trevor travis
Hello SD.

trevor travis
This is going to be weird, watching this after reading the book earlier in the summer.

trevor travis
Great idea to start the story here in the middle...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Started Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

This is going to be weird, watching this after reading the book earlier in the summer.

It was very interesting to listen to it for the first time a couple of weeks ago; it was very different to how I expected...

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Great idea to start the story here in the middle...

Yes, a good plot device. A bit like the Doctor and Clara turning up with a dinosaur already in tow in Deep Breath!

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

It was very interesting to listen to it for the first time a couple of weeks ago; it was very different to how I expected...

I read the book first... but had forgotten most of the differences.

I love the book, it's a 10/10, but it does have different strengths to the TV version.

Spaceship Dispatcher
An especially good choice of location for the school.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I love the book, it's a 10/10, but it does have different strengths to the TV version.

I think I came out preferring the tv version, simply because Paul Cornell indulged in a couple of excesses that broke the atmosphere a bit. Like the atom bomb!

trevor travis
David Tennant is very good as John Smith. He's a totally different man from the Doctor.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I think I came out preferring the tv version, simply because Paul Cornell indulged in a couple of excesses that broke the atmosphere a bit. Like the atom bomb!

It's got some great ideas, though. Such as the fate of one of the bad guys, after he disguises himself as a cow.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Something that works better here imo is that the Doctor is a good teacher, whereas the Seventh Doctor is rejected by everyone as a bad staff member.

trevor travis
I want a "Journal Of Impossible Things"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

David Tennant is very good as John Smith. He's a totally different man from the Doctor.

The amusing irony is that when Tennant does play human characters they mostly come out more like the Doctor than John Smith Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
The line about the character of Rose suddenly disappearing is a neat in-joke that also works well dramatically.

trevor travis
Martha's finest hour in this two-parter.... she's just fabulous.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.53 seconds
9,923,822 unique visits since 8th January 2014