Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Avon Cosplay Costume for SALE!!!!
Spaceresearcher
WOWZERS and WOW.

This is something I never thought I'd see in a million milleniums.

http://www.ebay.c...ep4UZmv-kA

So fellow fans, go grab your cosplay Avon costume for your next Blakes 7 convention. You'll be the life and soul of the party(or is that not stupid and not expendable soul of the party?).

Edited: To make link clickable, and to clarify in the title that this is for cosplay and not an original costume
Edited by Travisina on 21 November 2015 13:28:13

Spaceresearcher
It get's even better there's multiple variants to be found (approximately 8 listings in total so far and counting). Makes sense.

Here's hoping the leather gauntlet costume from Series 4 comes out. Smile

Anniew
Oh how I wish I had the figure ( both numerical and fleshy). Though if it's an exact replica it goes some way to explaining Avon's increasing short temper in season 4. Hell to go to the loo in!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
I don't suppose any of it is licenced in any way but they have a fantastic range of accurate-looking costumes there.

I agree SR, where's the other S4 outfit? Maybe there's not enough good quality photos out there for them to work from.

exterminator
Interestingly, there's ANOTHER replica B7 costume for sale on eBay! It's Roj Blake's costume from The Way Back / Cygnus Alpha.

Have a look at the auction here.
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

meegat39
exterminator wrote:

Interestingly, there's ANOTHER replica B7 costume for sale on eBay! It's Roj Blake's costume from The Way Back / Cygnus Alpha.

I actually prefer that costume to the Avon one. If I was male and looking to buy one, I think that's the one I would go for out of the two...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Anniew
Certainly avoids the peeing problem!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
Now I could go for that Blake costume. But where to wear it? I've always wanted one of the 'away jackets' probably in Blake's color but I'd have to have it made. I think there was someone out there making them but again- where to wear it?
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Ellen York
Cygnus Alpha? The next location visit? I would so buy one of the season one jackets Smile

Spaceresearcher
BradPaula wrote:

Now I could go for that Blake costume. But where to wear it? I've always wanted one of the 'away jackets' probably in Blake's color but I'd have to have it made. I think there was someone out there making them but again- where to wear it?

EVERYWHERE WITH PRIDE!!!! Smile

Spaceresearcher
Anniew wrote:

Oh how I wish I had the figure ( both numerical and fleshy). Though if it's an exact replica it goes some way to explaining Avon's increasing short temper in season 4. Hell to go to the loo in!

Well if you have to pee or poo your pants, the leather will allow you to just wipe it off later and with a touch of conditioner remove the odor. Smile

Spaceresearcher
exterminator wrote:

Terrific pickup Exterminator. I'll have to increase my Blakes 7 budget again.

Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

I don't suppose any of it is licenced in any way but they have a fantastic range of accurate-looking costumes there.

I agree SR, where's the other S4 outfit? Maybe there's not enough good quality photos out there for them to work from.

I'd doubt any company in the world would purchase a license to produce Blakes 7 costumes Joe(which is very sad) but Kudos for someone trying(if it makes you feel any better they would no doubt get them produced in the country of origin for these replica's in any case).

Absolutely, that costume is legendary (it was also the first one to be used for an Avon miniature (Check out Page 99 of the Blakes 7 Merchandise guide which features the outfit, alas with incorrect paint scheme(missing all the studs)).

Lurena
These costumes come from wellknown Japanese cosplay tailors.
You have to be very careful and check if you get the right colours.
Some do make gilded versions of the "Captain Kerr Avon Cosplay Costume" as they call it. But is has to be silver studs and leather cord as far as I know.
(Once I had a little funny story about this costume in the fan fiction section of the former forum.
I will look it up and post it on my website if you like)
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceresearcher
For those that are curious and in case you didn't already know, here's Avon's Costume guide from good ol Hermit.org

http://www.hermit...tumeA.html
http://www.ebay.c...EBIDX%3AIT
This costume is A30 and features in the episodes Assassin, Games, Sand and Gold.
The only thing missing is the oversized belt and of course shoes.

The one that Exterminator mentions:
http://www.ebay.c...OiUwInyIXQ
is Costume B1 and features in the episodes The Way Back, Space Fall, Cygnus Alpha and Time Squad.
http://www.hermit...tumeB.html

I wonder what other Cosplay costumes are hidden in ebay. I had to search directly for 'Roj Blake Cosplay' for that one to pop up and many thanks to Exterminator for pointing that one out or I never would have found it.

This Avon variant on the Black and Silver one mentioned above is also available though why anyone would want a non-screen used outfit(I can't recall Avon ever mixing Gold and Black).
http://www.ebay.c...kfur0xJqqQ

They certainly are excellent value for an entire costume. If my ebay sales go well, I'll be snapping up both of them. My only dilema then will be explaining to too many people who I'm dressed as. Sad
Edited by Travisina on 07 December 2015 19:20:01

jdn-85
Spaceresearcher wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

EVERYWHERE WITH PRIDE!!!! Smile

Agree about the away jacket. I'm sure somebody posted they had one made once. Would get one myself!

Spaceresearcher
Lurena wrote:

These costumes come from wellknown Japanese cosplay tailors.
You have to be very careful and check if you get the right colours.
Some do make gilded versions of the "Captain Kerr Avon Cosplay Costume" as they call it. But is has to be silver studs and leather cord as far as I know.
(Once I had a little funny story about this costume in the fan fiction section of the former forum.
I will look it up and post it on my website if you like)

Thanks Lurena, would love to read it. Totally agree with you, the silver and black one is THE only version of the costume to own.

b7gary
I think the Avon costume looks great.if I did not own the Original costume,I would buy one of these myself, in a size that fits me

Spaceresearcher
b7gary wrote:

I think the Avon costume looks great.if I did not own the Original costume,I would buy one of these myself, in a size that fits me

It could be handy to preserve the original b7gary.

stoke_rob
The Roj Blake costume was commissioned by me from Cosplay Sky for which I supplied all the reference photos and screengrabs. It subsequently turned up on Cosplay Sky's website and various other Ebay related outlets. It now hangs in my wardrobe awaiting Cygnus Alpha 2. I also have the green away mission tunic as seen in Duel etc. made for me by John Harris' wife Sue. I shall probably wear this at CA2 as well.

I would imagine demand for B7 cosplay costumes is minimal and given that fact, it is nice to see ANYTHING available in the budget China cosplay market for a defunct series like B7. I shall at some point - depending on finances - probably commission them to make another replica but not sure which outfit yet. It has to be something that won't cost a fortune to replicate. I'll have a think when CA2 is out of the way.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.40 seconds
9,188,389 unique visits since 8th January 2014