Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Ensor would be proud......hopefully....
Travisina
I'm bowled over with impressed-ness!
Amazing work, RB Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

winnie-l
WANT WANT WANT!
(wish wish)

RB
Afternoon all, bit more done, the top screwed down and circuits in,still needs a few adjustments but just about done, the sensor works fine for the voice as you just put your hand on the case above the sensor and it activates the voice.

https://youtu.be/...

BradPaula
RB, that is so amazing! Great work!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Gosh, RB - that is fantastic!

meegat39
Awesome!!!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

RB
Evening all, a year and a week later finally finished the super computer, never programmed chips before and facebook kindly reminded me a week ago it was a year since I got my picaxe programming starter kit.
Modified it so now it has 4 switches like the original one has, a removable battery pack (the whole lot runs on 3xAA batteries).
Also reprogrammed it all to sense the key and not have it as the on/off switch, this enables it to play the dying off sound and then reset to wait for the key to be detected again.
Another modification was to add a variable sensor for the light sensor, this allows it to be set to the ambient light and triggered by a shadow over the sensor (which is also movable to the best position to pick up the shadow).
Managed to find 21 phrases on the internet, which are programmed on a micro sd card and are picked off in order which play when the light sensor is detected.
The 4 switches can turn off each circuit, brain, sensor ring and sound, the last switch is the main on/off switch.
Hope you all like it...

https://www.youtu...RnwAUrxRGQ

Travisina
That is amazing! Well done!

BradPaula
Excellent work, RB. Been following your progress on Facebook.

President Solvite
Impressive, most impressive Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Angry Angel
Just perfect, great work!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Joe Dredd
That's very good RB! We've all changed our names to Egrorian in the hopes you made some spares to give away just in case the contingency arose.

I don't know if you are familiar with it but the BBC Science Fiction sound effects CD has the start up, running and shut down sounds for Orac. The start up sound is very quick (about 2 seconds) but there's a definite fast wind up to speed before Orac's sound settles into it's normal operating rhythm.

RB
Joe Dredd wrote:

That's very good RB! We've all changed our names to Egrorian in the hopes you made some spares to give away just in case the contingency arose.

I don't know if you are familiar with it but the BBC Science Fiction sound effects CD has the start up, running and shut down sounds for Orac. The start up sound is very quick (about 2 seconds) but there's a definite fast wind up to speed before Orac's sound settles into it's normal operating rhythm.

Hi, the start up is a delay and a quick noise, it does play all 3, the quick start when the key is put in, and then the running in a loop, and the closing dying sound when the key is removed, the sound is not that clear on the video as its from my phone....Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,158,551 unique visits since 8th January 2014