Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Grant relisten - the full cast audios
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

This is one of my fave eps of this series. Really good script and performances. Everybody on top form.

Steve Lyons gives strong dialogue to every character.

It's very talky, but B7 was always at its best when it was very talky.

It's a particularly good story for Tarrant.
Edited by trevor travis on 07 December 2015 20:40:46

Travisina
Thanks for the company, everyone - great re-listen!
Dinner time, now - I'm starving.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
Excellent episode. Will be sure to be there next Monday for the story arc's finish- or is it?? 'Night.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
See you tomorrow for yet more Grant Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Grant turns into Duggan...

Well, I'll give you that- when Grant takes the probe out of Avon's hand- similar to how he uses the sonic screwdriver while in the basement cell in City of Death... but I really don't see Duggan in Grant- well not much.

There's one particular scene, but I can't remember which episode it was in, when the antagonists refer to Grant as "the stupid one who keeps hitting people" or words something along those lines; that was the main moment where I felt the writer was associating Tom with the wrong character. But you're right Paula, the scene you describe is also an obvious but imo slightly clumsy in-joke that comes across as blurring the roles.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Grant turns into Duggan...

Well, I'll give you that- when Grant takes the probe out of Avon's hand- similar to how he uses the sonic screwdriver while in the basement cell in City of Death... but I really don't see Duggan in Grant- well not much.

There's one particular scene, but I can't remember which episode it was in, when the antagonists refer to Grant as "the stupid one who keeps hitting people" or words something along those lines; that was the main moment where I felt the writer was associating Tom with the wrong character. But you're right Paula, the scene you describe is also an obvious but imo slightly clumsy in-joke that comes across as blurring the roles.

I certainly see your point, too, SD. In fact even I was a bit put out in the audio "Fortuitas" when of all things, Orac tells Grant how to fight the toughs who are attacking him. Yeah, right. Angry

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:
In fact even I was a bit put out in the audio "Fortuitas" when of all things, Orac tells Grant how to fight the toughs who are attacking him. Yeah, right. Angry

But surely that makes him more Grant than Duggan? I imagine our mercenary is more used to weapons-based fighting than fisticuffs.

trevor travis
Although I do think “Devil’s Advocate” is a truly outstanding audio, just explain my ‘Grant turns into Duggan’ comment. It happens when Grant starts to throw his weight around, during his confrontation with ex-President Fred. To me, that’s more Duggan than Grant. Grant would be far more subtle and clever. As a very skillful mercenary, he’d plant his own device on ex-President Fred, that could be triggered as soon as he was off the Liberator. Instead we get a Duggan-style gung-ho ham-fisted attack.
Edited by trevor travis on 08 December 2015 19:34:36

Spaceship Dispatcher
Oh yes, I remember that scene now you mention it!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

JustBrad
BradPaula wrote:

I certainly see your point, too, SD. In fact even I was a bit put out in the audio "Fortuitas" when of all things, Orac tells Grant how to fight the toughs who are attacking him. Yeah, right. Angry

Yes, at that point I had an image in my head of Grant picking Orac up and bashing the baddies over the head with it.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Yes, at that point I had an image in my head of Grant picking Orac up and bashing the baddies over the head with it.

Well, Duggan would. Not sure about Grant Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Grant doesn't strike me as a 'violent person' in Countdown; more like someone who is adept at violence, but not someone out of control of himself who just lashes out.

Travisina
Anybody here? Hello?

BradPaula
I'm here. Truth and Lies today!

Travisina
Yay! Hi Paula.

I've realised that I haven't yet reviewed this ep. There was a whole bunch of new releases while I was on holiday in April and I've never really caught up with myself. I'll have to spend the Xmas break writing LOTS of reviews!

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not online for the relisten, but just wanted to say have a good time Happy

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I'm not online for the relisten, but just wanted to say have a good time Happy

We will. Hello, by the way!

Ellen York
Off work, so I can join you all Smile

Travisina
Hi SD, Hello Ellen!