Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Dr Who/The Avengers
BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

imo this is one of the very best new series cliff-hangers.

And I liked the Sontar-Ha! chant; it added depth to their alien psyche.

Except now you hear it at every convention. Sontar-Ha! -P
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis

imo this is one of the very best new series cliff-hangers.

And I liked the Sontar-Ha! chant; it added depth to their alien psyche.

The Sontar-Ha chant is rubbish.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Part two started Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Interesting to note that the Sontarans are listed as a code one threat at UNIT, based entirely on The Time Warrior episode 1 as they never directly meet the race again on screen.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula

Interesting to note that the Sontarans are listed as a code one threat at UNIT, based entirely on The Time Warrior episode 1 as they never directly meet the race again on screen.

Yes, If I remember correctly we were thrilled they'd be bringing back the Sontarans to the new Who. Same with the Zygons. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Even with the wonders of modern tech, SF writers still manage to push it beyond the boundaries of current possibility.

BradPaula
Do ya think they could dig up a lone Jaggeroth warrior for a future episode. They could bring back Duggan to fight them..er.. punch them. -P
Edited by BradPaula on 29 January 2014 20:22:22

Spaceship Dispatcher
The smoke effects are very well done. Getting smoke to stay where you want it when filming outdoors is harder than you think.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

Do ya think they could dig up a lone Jaggeroth warrior for a future episode. They could bring back Duggan to fight them..er.. punch them. -P

GrinGrin

BradPaula
The Doctor's stuck on earth. Just like the third Doctor. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

There was only one Jaggeroth, but I guess Duggan would hit anyone the Doc needed him to.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Oh look. Wave the sonic at any equipment and completely change its capabilities. And in a Russell T episode... Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
"You haven't even got a number!" Lol Grin

BradPaula
It's always some snot-nosed kid who needs to have his comeuppance. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Really love the way that Rattigan is played as a lunatic with crazy visions of space travel, except that he really does have alien allies. A really clever subversion of the 'lunatic cult leader' trope by Helen Raynor. One of the best written individual scenes in the new show imo.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Bernard Cribbins was a real star. I'm happy not to have the companion's family as semi-regular characters in the Moffat era, but Wilf and Jackie were very good.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The first sight of a Sontaran 'army' in the show.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Wasn't convinced by the new black uniforms of UNIT at first, but I have come to like them now.

BradPaula
Thanks for the reference to the Brig. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Rattigan is one of the best written, most three dimensional support characters in the show imo. He has a logical progression of his feelings and attitudes from start to finish that responds to the plot, meaning that we learn about him more than some in other stories. He might not be a nice person, but he is an interesting flawed genius rather than a boo-hiss baddy.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.63 seconds
9,122,181 unique visits since 8th January 2014