Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
SD's sci-fi art collection
Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not an artist, so don't have any work of my own to share and have not contributed to these beyond the subject and composition planning. But I do enjoy commissioning science fiction themed artworks from those who can draw and paint! Some of these I'll share here, for all who are interested but especially for those that cannot see them on Facebook.

Please feel free to share comments on them, and positive feedback will of course be passed on to the artist should they not be a Horizon member.

To start the thread, here is a new Doctor Who painting by Colin Howard featuring Amy Pond and Clara Oswald arriving on a mysterious new planet...

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Artworks/Amy-Clara-2015-Alex%20Pinfold-approval_zpsecf84xup.jpg

Copyright Colin Howard
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
SD, Amy and Clara in the same story? I assume you've sidelined the Doctor as well Grin

Nice artwork.

meegat39
It is nice artwork, however, to me Amy looks too big in relation to the TARDIS?
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceship Dispatcher
@ trevor travis - sorry... who is the Doctor? Wink

@ meegat39 - it's just the perspective, as the Tardis is supposed to be some distance behind them. That's why Clara is running from behind Amy, to make the foreground and background more distinct.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Wow! SD- nice new painting! I like the style of Colin Howard and I think he's captured the companion's likenesses quite well. Forgive my ignorance, but is Colin an established Doctor Who artist? He's very good and I don't seem to remember his name. Grin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but is Colin an established Doctor Who artist? He's very good and I don't seem to remember his name...

Colin was a regular official Doctor Who artist in the 1990s when he contributed cover paintings for the BBC Video range, Virgin Publishing novels, Doctor Who magazine and the Classic Comics magazine.

This link shows his work from that period: Colin Howard homepage

BradPaula
Thanks, SD. I may not have known his name immediately, but looking at Colin's homepage, I recognize many of his art works. Good on you. You are going to have to put a wing on your house for all your artwork!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Here are two pen and ink illustrations created by Andrew Skilleter in a pseudo-1950s style similar to that found in comics, annuals or the frontispiece of young adult storybooks of the time. This was especially appropriate for the Amelia Williams montage as those stories are set in that period. On the left is a comic strip style storyboard for my Doctor Who 50th anniversary fanfic entitled Fracture, while on the right is another fanfic related piece depicting scenes from The Adventures of Amelia Williams: African Adventure...

What I love about these is not just the way that Andrew brings the stories to life, but also the amazing likeness to the style of drawing of a bygone age with modern characters.

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/FRACTURE-MASTER-FILE-APcopy_zps0d46730c.jpg i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/04%20African%20Adventure_zpspfyruulf.jpg

Copyright Andrew Skilleter

trevor travis
Great artwork from Andrew!!!

Is Amelia Williams wearing a skirt or a belt? Grin

BradPaula
SD- I love what Andrew has done with the Amy Pond artwork. Excellent! The other one is quite good too. Andrew is a very talented artist indeed. I follow him on Facebook. Thanks for sharing.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Two very nice drawings in a manga style by Horizon site member Kilinka; on the left are the Doctor and Clara in the console room, and on the right is a scene from my new Avengers/Strange Report fanfic featuring Tara King and Evelyn McLean...

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Artworks/TARDIS%20Dino_zpseaambaxw.jpg i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Artworks/Tara_Evie_zps88huz9qj.jpg

Spaceship Dispatcher
Another couple from Andrew Skilleter, both portraits of Jenna Coleman created on A4 with coloured pencils; one features a 'time clone' of Clara as seen in a television episode, the other is another fanfic illustration and is of the 'original' Clara character. Now, I wonder which was which?

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/CLARA-Amended_zps6c0dc97d.jpg i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/05%20Clara%20in%20the%20cabin_zpssoyfwqio.jpg

Spaceship Dispatcher
Two fanfic illustrations based on the 1960s cult television series The Avengers...

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/A36Avengerscrossover_zpsb7a30a6f.jpg

The Secrets Trust, where Steed and Tara work with Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and Corporal Benton of UNIT

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/26%20A%20Very%20Strange%20Report_zpsmbhm2ssq.jpg

A Very Strange Report, where Steed and Tara investigate a case alongside Adam Strange, Ham and Evie of Strange Report

Spaceship Dispatcher
This is the item in the collection that features Blake's 7 characters; Avon of course but unusually with Soolin, wearing something other than blue overalls, and Torchwood/Doctor Who character Captain Jack Harkness.

Andrew tells me this is one of his favourite pieces in this format...

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/A32AvonandJack.jpg

Spaceship Dispatcher
Two very different drawings of Amy Pond in the Asylum of the Daleks costume; for comparison it's the same outfit that Amy's wearing in the painting seen in the opening post of the thread. The one on the left is a cartoon illustration by site member Kilinka, and the one on the right is a portrait by Andrew Skilleter.

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Artworks/Amy%20Pond_zpsgpri9qyz.jpg i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/A45KarenGillan_zps38f92938.jpg

Copyright owned by the artists

meegat39
Oh wow! I love the Amy pond drawings and I really love the Avon, Soolin, Jack Harkness one!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceship Dispatcher
meegat39 wrote:

Oh wow! I love the Amy pond drawings and I really love the Avon, Soolin, Jack Harkness one!

Thanks meegat Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
These are the last ones for now, though Andrew is busy again at the moment! The first two use a combination of colour characters against a greyscale background, which makes them stand out very effectively. The third is a fanfic illustration...

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/TheSensorites-BehindtheScenes.jpg

The Sensorites: Behind the scenes
a story that I really like, and Ian is my favourite companion

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/A35Inferno_zpscb514772.jpg

Inferno
an imaginary 'deleted scene' set in the parallel universe

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/Chapter3_zpsbfbf5d18.jpg

Castle Bravo
the 11th Doctor and Clara come face to face with the Sea Devils!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Here's the latest painting by Colin Howard for the collection! Amy Pond trapped in a flooding room, handcuffed to the pipes, surrounded by venomous Green Mamba snakes, the ringing phone just out of reach as the ledge crumbles beneath her shoes! How will she escape this time? Well, that's a potential fanfic project for later in the year! Colin says he enjoyed creating this one...

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Artworks/Pond%20in%20Peril-A4-300ppi_zpsvayrkwwp.jpg

Copyright Colin Howard

atomicmayo
They're all good but the Andrew Skilleter comics in particular are really cool!
my tumblr | my twitter | my deviantart | my patreon

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.75 seconds
9,173,145 unique visits since 8th January 2014