Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Spotted........
BradPaula
Thanks for the additional information, littlesue! Much appreciated. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
littlesue wrote:
I loved Hadleigh. What with Gerald in Adam Adamant, then (according to Google) a show called Gazette (About a newspaper) and then Hadleigh.

Hi littlesue, we seem to like all the same programmes!

Gazette was the forerunner of Hadleigh; it's about the local newspaper he inherited from his father. Hadleigh turns up in some of the episodes but not all of them.

Hadleigh is a great series. It has a very open format which allows the James Hadleigh character to get caught up in all sorts of things, so the stories are never samey. It changes gears midway, with an overarching story in series 3 and 4.

Some of the episodes were affected by the cameraman's strike at the time, hence they are in black & white (like this one). The following episode is one of my favourites. He has to run the local agricultural show; all is going well until a farmer turns up with his cows then later reveals he thinks they have foot & mouth disease.

Spaceship Dispatcher
My favourite Hadleigh episode is Some You Win, Some You Lose, where he has to mount a rescue mission to get Susan back from a Greek prison. The episode features Harold Goldblatt who was briefly in Dr Who: Frontier in Space, but all except three episodes of s1 share guest actors with Dr Who.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

littlesue
Joe Dredd wrote:

littlesue wrote:
I loved Hadleigh. What with Gerald in Adam Adamant, then (according to Google) a show called Gazette (About a newspaper) and then Hadleigh.

Hi littlesue, we seem to like all the same programmes!

Gazette was the forerunner of Hadleigh; it's about the local newspaper he inherited from his father. Hadleigh turns up in some of the episodes but not all of them.

Hadleigh is a great series. It has a very open format which allows the James Hadleigh character to get caught up in all sorts of things, so the stories are never samey. It changes gears midway, with an overarching story in series 3 and 4.

Some of the episodes were affected by the cameraman's strike at the time, hence they are in black & white (like this one). The following episode is one of my favourites. He has to run the local agricultural show; all is going well until a farmer turns up with his cows then later reveals he thinks they have foot & mouth disease.

One wonders if we are the same 'vintage'!!!!
It's because of Adam Adamant that I tended to follow Mr Harper from series to series!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Joe Dredd
littlesue wrote:
One wonders if we are the same 'vintage'!!!!

Just wise beyond our years!

Joe Dredd
Tom Chadbon plays Sean in the Special Branch episode "A New Face" (1969)
i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/S01_zpsa7041b23.jpg

John Levene also has a role in this episode.
Edited by Joe Dredd on 11 May 2014 01:23:50

Joe Dredd
i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/S02_zps4340fa14.jpg

Joe Dredd
i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Sean_zps7911cc07.gif

Joe Dredd
Speaking of Special Branch, Jackie Pearce turns up several years later playing Helga Moritz in "Catherine the Great" (1974).

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/CTG01_zps32cef935.jpg

There's a bit of a Servalan vibe going on with that white top she's wearing when she gets out of the taxi (centre pic, bottom row).

As always, click for a larger view.
Edited by Joe Dredd on 11 May 2014 01:37:57

Joe Dredd
i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/CTG02_zps8efc895f.jpg

Joe Dredd
i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/CTG03_zps0db5467b.jpg

Joe Dredd
Michael Sheard also has a role in this episode, so we get to see Section Leader Klegg rendezvous with the Supreme Commander... though looking much more like Mr. Bronson!

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/CTG04_zps7c2ceacd.jpg

Joe Dredd
It's been pointed out to me that Messrs Thomas, Darrow and Keating all had parts in Special Branch too (thanks I.M.!), so the following are cheats as I wasn't actually watching these but did them to request.

Joe Dredd
Paul gets a fair chunk of screentime at the end of the 1969 episode, "Smokescreen"(*). He is referred to in the episode as "Mr. Fraser" but only credited as "Lawyer".

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Smokescreen_zpsa00f3251.jpg

* An interesting title considering George Sewell later joins the cast as DCI Alan Craven, i.e. "Craven, A"!

Joe Dredd
Michael Keating also pops up in the 1969 series, in "A Date with Leonidas". He has a few lines, but it's pretty much a cough and spit role with much of his screen time spent in the background obscured by the main cast.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Leonidas_zps5fd3f422.jpg

Joe Dredd
Gareth Thomas is a central character in 1974's "Alien", as firebrand shop steward Steve Ryman.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Alien_zps716b9bc4.jpg

Have a look at the cast in this grab from the credits - not just GT, but James Bolam's missus Susan Jameson, Peter "Sir Frank is in charge of civil service pay" Cellier(*) and the Trout himself, Patrick Troughton! Knockout!

* A nice link to Yes Prime Minister as Paul Eddington also appears regularly in Special Branch as Strand. Yes, another brand of cigarette! Were they doing this on purpose?

Joe Dredd
Ah, 70s hairstyles. I probably had mine brushed this way too!

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/BigpartinSB_zps9fa0961e.jpg

Judging by the water tower in the background, he's scouting out potential locations for B7!

Angry Angel
Great spotting Joe, they all look so different!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
President Solvite
Some fine catches there indeed Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Joe Dredd
Angry Angel wrote:

Great spotting Joe, they all look so different!

I want to get myself filmed in black and white too; it seems to make one look more youthful! ; )

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.06 seconds
9,804,655 unique visits since 8th January 2014