Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Spotted........
rojkerr1
Not sure now, he played a gangster type, very nasty,in the collection 3 boxset - just seen him again in the Flaxton boys, very dashing in the Bridge episode, And GT also in the Bankrupt, Public Eye

rojkerr1
Darrow in the same episode as Kenneth Cope, Dixon of dock green

BradPaula
Recently watched Doctor Who: The Power of Kroll with Glyn Owen as Rohm-Dutt (Leylan from Space Fall) and John Abineri as Ranquin (Uston in Hostage). Then Doctor Who: Armageddon Factor with William Squire as The Shadow (Kommissar from Horizon), Davyd Harries as Shapp (Doran in Moloch), Valentine Dyall as the Black Guardian (Norl in City at the Edge of the World), Barry Jackson as Drax (Kendall in Missoin to Destiny) and Harry Fielder and Pat Groman as extras (various Blake's 7 episodes).

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:
Gareth Thomas and Colin Baker in the Man who didn't eat sweets, Public Eye

I should've done this one years ago! I notice GT's sporting the same hair parting we saw him with in Special Branch from around the same time. And that brown top he has on makes me think he's about to sling on a green batwing jacket and teleport out of there!

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Public%20Eye%20-%20Sweets_zpskaeecfn8.jpg

That last face is Bayban the Butcher, of course.

As usual, you should be able to click on the photo for a larger view.

Joe Dredd
Stephen Greif as Marcus Green, husband of Dorien, in "Birds of a Feather".

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Marcus_zpspvqe4yfk.jpg

rojkerr1
THank you Joe

winnie-l
Recognized Josette Simon's voice on BBC R4's 6:30pm comedy show yesterday
http://www.bbc.co...s/b083pchj
"Car descriptions read by Josette Simon."

It's a series (don't know how many) so there will be more Josette on upcoming Wednesdays 6:30pm.

rojkerr1
Roy Boyd in Dempsey and Makepeace, same ep as Mark Ryan and Clive Mantle

rojkerr1
Mr Greif in Doctors today, looking great!

BradPaula
Watched Doctor Who: The Leisure Hive over the weekend and spotted not only David Haig (Forres in Rumours of Death) and Nigel Lambert (Computer Operator in The Way Back) but spotted the Commissar's costume from Horizon on a extra who walked into the tachyon chamber only to be pulled to pieces.

Joe Dredd
I was directed to an advert for the Radio Times on YouTube, starring Warren Mitchell as Alf Garnett. Another link took me to "The Alf Garnett Saga", which I'd never heard of. I thought, "I wonder if Dandy Nichols is in this?" and dragged the slider bar along a bit to try and see a bit further in the movie. Who do you think I saw? Not a word of a lie, there was Tom Chadbon, smoking a spliff and admiring a young lady's bottom.

Here, starting at about 14 mins in

Tom Chadbon is everywhere!

BradPaula
Thanks, Joe. I knew Tom was in this and actually have a still of him in my files. Oh, he was so young! 1972- so of course he'd be smoking a joint and admiring someone's bottom. It wasn't Soolin's, TT, don't worry!

Tom Chadbon has done a lot of television in his long career, just check his IMDB page and you'll see. I think I have over 40 of his appearances on either video tape or dvd now. Not this one though- although I do love the wavy long hair.

Lorna
I am fairly sure that June Hudson was in an advert for Sun Life, insurance for the over 50s.

BradPaula
Lorna wrote:

I am fairly sure that June Hudson was in an advert for Sun Life, insurance for the over 50s.

The dear lady gets around. Let us hope we are all that spry in our old ages, which for me, is probably next month.

President Solvite
Spotted David Sibley (Commentator in Deathwatch) in Midsomer Murders episode "The Silent Land" (John Carter)

Of course he also appeared in the Classic Who story The Pirate Planet

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
BradPaula
Spotted Arthur Hewlett, the old man in The Keeper, in Doctor Who State of Decay, as Kalmar the technician.

Joe Dredd
As part of my lead up to the festive season, I started listening to a Christmas episode of The Goon Show this morning. The programme, "Robin Hood and His Merry Men", includes Valentine Dyall ("Norl") as the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Until very recently this episode was not available on CD. EMI released it and other Goon Shows on LP under licence way back when and their rights have only just expired. This has allowed the the BBC to issue a swag of previously unavailable episodes on the recent, final "Goon Show Compendium" set. The set includes one of my personal favourites, "Six Charlies in Search of an Author". I haven't heard it since borrowing it on cassette from the local library as a boy. Hopefully it will live up to expectations.

President Solvite
I have never listened to an episode of the Goon show..
Despite featuring some of my comic legends.. I must rectify that soon.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
President Solvite wrote:

I have never listened to an episode of the Goon show..
Despite featuring some of my comic legends.. I must rectify that soon.

Oh, you must! They're utterly surreal and hilarious. My parents had an LP with 'Tales of Old Dartmoor' on one side and 'Dishonoured' on the other, plus a single of the Ying Tong Song. We knew them by heart and quoted them endlessly.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

rojkerr1
the Scarlet Capsule is a rehash of Quatermass and the pit in the goon show, classic...here at the totally terrified bbc...
Peter Sellers sneaked lines from the the show into his other movies...quick nurse the screens! that's in A shot in the Dark...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.29 seconds
9,175,532 unique visits since 8th January 2014