Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Spotted........
Joe Dredd
Hah! I hadn't thought of that!

"Minding the pursuit ships, Supreme Commander."

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

Judge Minty - http://judgeminty...

Picking up and continuing the original story in 2000AD, it's not a movie or TV show, but a fan-made video of the most amazing quality. It's heaps better than the Stallone version; more akin to the style and atmosphere of the recent Dredd movie. And it was made with the blessing of JD's creators and copyright holders. Highly recommended.

NB for any younglings (or parents of younglings) reading this - it's rated 18 for gory violence!

The "Judge Minty" team have just released a teaser trailer showing how they're progressing with their next project "Search/Destroy", based on 2000AD's "Strontium Dog" strip, also created by the men who created 'Judge Dredd', John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra. As with "Minty" they've gone to a lot of trouble making sure their designs are as close to the strip as possible. The "Strontium Dog" strip is largely a space western (long before Firefly etc). Mutants are regarded as an underclass and bounty hunting is one of the few jobs open to them. Given the prominent SD (Search/Destroy agent) badges they wear and the mutations arising from strontium radiation, they are derogatorily nicknamed 'Strontium Dogs"(*).

Click here for the trailer

* There's also a theory that they deliberately snuck in references to Scooby Doo, including the look and colour of the SD badge, and the fact that Johnny Alpha's partner, the Viking Wulf Sternhammer, is a 'great' (i.e. big) Dane.

BradPaula
Watched Doctor Who, The Pirate Planet and we spotted Bruce Purchase as the Captain (Gola in The Keeper), Primi Townsend (Zee the bounty hunter from Powerplay), and David Sibley (Commentator from Deathwatch) as Pralix. Also, the guards had the same helmets as one of the men Avon had at Scorpio base in Warlord. And, in the gallery of the shrunken planets in the story, there was a display and it had the familiar red and green press buttons exactly like Egrorian and Pinder had, the 'red is dead, green is clean' ones.

Joe Dredd
I'm listening to "Martin Chuzzlewit", one of the radio adaptions on the new "Charles Dickens: The BBC Radio Drama Collection: Volume Two" collection. It's from 1985 and has David Collings (Deva) as Mr Pinch, as well as Patrick Troughton as old Mr Chuzzlewit.

It's very enjoyable and much better than the first story in the set, "Barnaby Rudge", which was a confused mess.

Joe Dredd
Also, for want of somewhere to put this, I just realised yesterday that as Steven Pacey plays Del Tarrant, his "two" brothers (RL and in the show) are Peter and Deeta.

I wonder if it's just a coincidence that the names are so close. I feel that Chris Boucher may have heard that SP's brother is Peter, but that it was an unconscious influence rather than a conscious decision.

Regardless, Peter and Deeta is up there with Jan and Jenna and Sally and Cally! (Not to mention C Boucher/B Croucher as someone pointed out to me somewhere).

Hugbot
Watching my favourite adventure movie again (after a looooong time) - Captain Horatio Hornblower with none other than Bran Foster as Hornblower's first officer, Mr Bush:

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/MadSad/Foster2_zpss29vplru.jpg

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/MadSad/Foster1_zps9hyalzea.jpg

winnie-l
Hugbot wrote:Watching my favourite adventure movie again (after a looooong time) - Captain Horatio Hornblower with none other than Bran Foster as Hornblower's first officer, Mr Bush:
Goodness, he's *almost* tricky to recognize!
How was his fake UK accent?

He definitely did not use that in his Blake's 7 role.
Which was a good idea - i.e. even foreigners / non-locals are against the Federation.

rojkerr1
John Savident, Doomwatch, Web of fear episode

Hugbot
winnie-l wrote:

Goodness, he's *almost* tricky to recognize!

He is the guy on the left-hand side! Grin The other one is this famous fellow, .... ummm .... whatsisname ....

How was his fake UK accent?

Oh dear, I am definitely the wrong person to judge British accents! I just enjoyed the fact that for the first time, I could watch the original English version instead of the German dubbing.

Hugbot
Today, I was reminded of a TV series about King Arthur of which I only have a very dim memory Arthur of the Britons. I actually found the first episode on YouTube. Lord Vargas plays a major role, but guess whose favourite mercenary suddenly appeared?

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/MadSad/DelGrant_zpsd97glhh8.jpg

JustBrad
Hugbot wrote:

Today, I was reminded of a TV series about King Arthur of which I only have a very dim memory Arthur of the Britons. I actually found the first episode on YouTube. Lord Vargas plays a major role, but guess whose favourite mercenary suddenly appeared?

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/MadSad/DelGrant_zpsd97glhh8.jpg

Yes, and you won't be surprised to learn that we own that on DVD.

BradPaula
@Hugbot: Tom Chadbon! He is in the first episode of Arthur of the Britons. I think he's a spy this time. Nice wig, Tom.

President Solvite
Arthur of the Britons has several B7 actors in it..

Brian Blessed plays Mark of Cornwall in several episodes. There are some others who I will try and recall at some point

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
rojkerr1
Dixon of Dock Green collection 3, Darrow, Greif, Savident, Alta morag...etc

rojkerr1
Savident again, Public Eye with Alfred Burke, super series!

rojkerr1
Julian Glover in the Timber, 2016 western very dark and violent, and William Gaunt pops up too!

rojkerr1
Gareth Thomas and Colin Baker in the Man who didn't eat sweets, Public Eye

Spaceresearcher
Nice, I might have to seek this one out. Thanks for sharing guys. Have to check it out if it's got Gareth Thomas in it. For the record, no one seems to mention 'Star Maidens' much anymore. That was a great series featuring Gareth in a starring role.

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:

Gareth Thomas and Colin Baker in the Man who didn't eat sweets, Public Eye

I think GT is in another episode of "Public Eye" as well, isn't he?

And what's the name of the episode with James Bolam as a painter (of the artistic type; not a painter & decorator)?

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:

Dixon of Dock Green collection 3, Darrow, Greif, Savident, Alta morag...etc

Do you remember which episode had Paul Darrow in it, DT?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,104,707 unique visits since 8th January 2014