Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,180
· Newest Rebel: BillyG

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Spotted........
One Spare Part
Sonheim aka Nigel Humphreys from Mission to Destiny on Trust Red, The Sweeney.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
Roy Kinnear as the Cheshire cat in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1972) It also had Michael Hordern, Dudley Moore, Spike Milligan, Michael Crawford and Michael Jayston and Flora Robson. What a cast!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

littlesue
Kevin Stoney in this evenings Special Branch
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Joe Dredd
Joe Dredd wrote:

"The Dawson Watch" series 3 episode "The Future" (1980) - the men operating the teleport are wearing the blue and white tops the menials wore in Ultraworld.

And that's not all I've spotted...!

i.imgur.com/HfBjnfX.jpg

Aitch (Harry Fielder) is in one episode and Tony "Ensor, son of Ensor" Caunter is in a couple of others. It's even got Blake & Avon in it... well, Peter Blake and Roger Avon!

Joe Dredd
I was watching Les Dawson's sketch show "The Dawson Watch" (1979-80). Each show has a theme so I thought I'd watch the series three episode on "The Future".

The episode has a "Tomorrow's World" sketch which includes a teleport among the inventions. The episode was made in 1980 and I wondered if they'd mention B7 given it had been going for three years at this stage.

No such luck - they refer to "Beam me up, Scotty" instead. But all was not lost. Those shirts the technicians are wearing look familiar!

(You can tell it's the future by the font style used for the "DANGER" warning.)

i.imgur.com/BLG15rg.jpg

As usual click the images for a bigger view.

Joe Dredd
That's right. The shirts are borrowed from the menials in "Ultraworld".

i.imgur.com/XRrSE7g.jpg

Thanks to Lisa's B7 Frame Capture Library which I've pillaged for the comparison shots.

Joe Dredd
There was another costume surprise waiting further on in the episode. Les ends up in the future, and look what these two guys are wearing - the tops worn by the guards in "Terminal"!

They obviously needed futuristic costumes for this episode and went straight to the B7 rail. I wonder what else they borrowed from B7?

i.imgur.com/dYco91p.jpg

(P.S. We're trying to work out which of the Terminal guards is Nicholas Frankau. If you know, post on the other thread!)

Joe Dredd
Yes, that's right - not only did they nick costumes from two different episodes of B7, they've only gone and got Michael Keating as well!

i.imgur.com/tgWOWJd.jpg

As Vila says, "Stealing's quicker."

Joe Dredd
i.imgur.com/zY5WN6G.jpg

Joe Dredd
Mike appears in one other episode, "Holidays". He plays a travel agent who has sent Les on a rather unsatisfactory holiday.

i.imgur.com/Herp8r1.jpg

Joe Dredd
The travel agent is smug, protected by fine print so small it can only be read with a magnifying glass.

i.imgur.com/wtnRl2H.jpg

Joe Dredd
He then produces a microscope to read out clauses from the even-finer fine print.

Frustrated traveller Les is so upset he goes berserk!

i.imgur.com/ASFM7vf.jpg

Joe Dredd
Not only does Vila appear in "The Dawson Watch", but so does Mrs Vila, AKA Killer Kerril AKA Carol Hawkins (series 1, "The Family").

i.imgur.com/z2jANmD.jpg

winnie-l
Brilliant pix & commentary, Maestro Dredd! thanks**N for posting those!

One Spare Part
winnie-l wrote:

Brilliant pix & commentary, Maestro Dredd! thanks**N for posting those!

And I was wondering if Signor Dredd was having a nervous breakdown...someone check his limiter! Oops
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Joe Dredd
One Spare Part wrote:
And I was wondering if Signor Dredd was having a nervous breakdown...someone check his limiter! ;X

No, it's okay, I'm completely normal. See?

i.imgur.com/bh3GHfa.jpg

That's my passport photo, BTW.

Endless Midnight
Joe Dredd wrote:

He then produces a microscope to read out clauses from the even-finer fine print.

Frustrated traveller Les is so upset he goes berserk!

i.imgur.com/ASFM7vf.jpg

I tried clicking on this one and got a notice saying "Age confirmation required. This post may contain erotic or adult imagery."

Someone apparently thinks that Les Dawson hitting Michael Keating's head on to a desk is erotic! I think they must have been watching Egrorian and Pinder in Orbit or something...

Joe Dredd
My first thought was perhaps (despite what the notice says), it's actually to warn about the 'violence' seen in the last two pictures?

That said, I don't get any problems enlarging the picture, though earlier today when I test-clicked a couple of photos it took me to smaller versions on the imgur website instead of showing a larger version on my screen. It's stopped happening so perhaps you will soon be able to click on that last picture without any troubles.

Endless Midnight
Yes, it seems to be OK now.

Michael Keating did sometimes pop up on the odd comedy series around that time. He was in at least one edition of 'Paul Squire Esquire' in 1983. If I recall, this had a 'Laugh-In' style opening where he was one of several people behind little doors interacting with him, and he was also in a sketch, playing an angel, IIRC.

Joe Dredd
Horizon used to have VHS tape with bits of shows with the actors in. It included Michael Keating on Paul Squire's show. From memory he was a rabbit that went to heaven because it ate a toasted cheese sandwich, a toasted ham sandwich, and a toasted tomato sandwich.

St Peter: But what did you die of?
Rabbit: Mixing my toasties.

I remember this myxomatosis joke because it makes the 'parking meteor' pun in Ultraworld seem like sheer class!

Gareth Thomas and Paul Darrow both said complimentary things about MK's sense of humour, timing and ability to tell a joke. It's a pity he didn't get better material to showcase his skills.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.12 seconds
24,988,620 unique visits since 8th January 2014