Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,238
· Newest Rebel: Philco

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Spotted........
Joe Dredd
Paul plays Captain Barford, a man known to main character Jack Ford's sometimes sponsor, Sir Horatio Manners. Ford served in the army - the series is set just after WW I - and was with Manners' son when he died in the field. Ford is played by James Bolam.

i.imgur.com/P8CuxbN.jpg

Joe Dredd
Captain Barford is looking for RSM Ted Chater, who has gone AWOL.

i.imgur.com/uth0Uf8.jpg

PD dressed for dinner, looking sharp and ready to Dine Another Day.

Joe Dredd
There's a shooting party the next day. Captain Barford and Jack Ford are both invited. Time for some plus-fours and a bracer. And a really big flat cap.

i.imgur.com/d6K2398.jpg

Joe Dredd
Paul gets to muck about with guns, so he probably enjoyed shooting(!) this scene.

i.imgur.com/GVFT1vG.jpg

Joe Dredd
Little does Captain Barford know, but Jack Ford knows Chater from his army days and is helping him hide. Not only that, but Chater is after revenge on Barford and is planning to kill him.

i.imgur.com/02K3Pl7.jpg

Joe Dredd
Chater dons his uniform and hides in the woods. Will Chater get Barford, or will Jack Ford intervene?

RSM Ted Chater is played by David Daker.

i.imgur.com/Y1nTM5c.jpg

Joe Dredd
Anniew wrote:
By orphan pictures do you mean the two from the Flaxton Boys

Joe Dredd wrote:
I'm going to give you half a point Annie because only one is from the Flaxton Boys - but well done for identifying it!

Now we have answered the other half of the quiz, I can reveal that Annie is our runner-up with half a point. The overall prize winner is a Mr Og, c/- Bucol 2.

Which is good, because Og could do with a pair of overalls.

Joe Dredd
Ring ring!

Ring ring!

Hello? What's that? I need to give equal time to Gareth in a drama with David Daker? Er, I'll see what I can do!

Endless Midnight
I'd not heard of that rumour about the clip guns in 'The Worm That Turned', but would have thought it unlikely. That serial was in a series of The Two Ronnies shown in November/December 1980, so would have been recorded probably some months earlier, and as they didn't even start recording S4 of Blake's 7 until February 1981 the props likely wouldn't have been built at that stage anyway.

Gareth Thomas did also briefly appear in another, earlier, Public Eye episode, 'The Man Who Didn't Eat Sweets', in 1971. As this character was also someone who had a car-hire business, it was probably meant to be the same person, although the credits give them different names.

Jack Ford, as played by James Bolam in When The Boat Comes In did seem a very Avon-esque character to me when I watched it.

Joe Dredd
Endless Midnight wrote:

I'd not heard of that rumour about the clip guns in 'The Worm That Turned', but would have thought it unlikely. That serial was in a series of The Two Ronnies shown in November/December 1980, so would have been recorded probably some months earlier, and as they didn't even start recording S4 of Blake's 7 until February 1981 the props likely wouldn't have been built at that stage anyway.

It wasn't something I'd heard either but someone mentioned it earlier on this thread (back in 2014!). The first thing I had to do was identify which series of the Two Ronnies had 'The Worm that Turned'. As soon as I saw it was the 1980 series (series 8), I thought it was unlikely too. I thought I would have a look anyway, suspecting perhaps it was something that was later used as the basis for the clip guns. I seemed to recall that the gun Avon uses on Blake in the last episode was already in existence before S4 started. It was made as a 'modular' gun that could be added to (hence the variant we see in Warlord, used by the trooper emerging from the sand, and later Soolin). It was even put forward as a suggestion for the new S4 hand guns, so I didn't want to rule out any possibilities until I checked.

Once I started watching 'The Worm that Turned' I found it was nigh-on impossible to get a good look at the hand guns. They only appear a few times and briefly, and are usually being waved around too fast or in darkness. Thankfully I could zoom in on a couple of screenshots once I had them and see they were DL-44s.

Endless Midnight wrote:
Gareth Thomas did also briefly appear in another, earlier, Public Eye episode, 'The Man Who Didn't Eat Sweets', in 1971. As this character was also someone who had a car-hire business, it was probably meant to be the same person, although the credits give them different names.

Jack Ford, as played by James Bolam in When The Boat Comes In did seem a very Avon-esque character to me when I watched it.

Ah, "The Man Who Didn't Eat Sweets" - a Roobarbian favourite! I did that one a while back but the pictures on Photobucket have all gone to mush.

That's a good thought about Jack Ford being Avon-like. Perhaps because I'd done the Gareth pics, all I could think of was that James Bolam had also turned up in 'Public Eye', as a painter in "I Always Wanted a Swimming Pool". (And I wouldn't even remember the episode title if I didn't have a helpful PM on hand from 2016. Thanks F.L.!)

Joe Dredd
I've just watched part one of Beau Geste (BBC 1982). Lots of familiar names behind the scenes - Mat Irvine, Terrence Dicks, Barry Letts and Douglas Camfield. Also Pat Gorman and Harry Fielder playing two of the dead men at Fort Zinderneuf (along with John 'Boycie' Challis).

littlesue
Just watched the lovely Roy Kinnear on Talking Pictures talking about his time in the Army...or was it the RAF..I was laughing too much as he described his uniform!!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
i.imgur.com/NwCKxFQ.jpg

This wasn't my spot, but I thought it merited it being put on the Horizons site. Look who played Benni in today's Doctor Who Orphan 55. Colin Ferrell aka Gambril in Killer as Benni.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
BradPaula wrote:

i.imgur.com/NwCKxFQ.jpg

This wasn't my spot, but I thought it merited it being put on the Horizons site. Look who played Benni in today's Doctor Who Orphan 55. Colin Ferrell aka Gambril in Killer as Benni.

Looks like he finally collected his pension.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

One Spare Part
Tried to watch Alien Covenant. I got half way through and had to give up. Not because it was bad. I couldn't give you an opinion on that but...I have this problem with the Alien films. They are really interesting, original, great to look at and frightening...but the fear! They really get to me and mess with my mind. I'm very delicate you know...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Joe Dredd
"The Dawson Watch" series 3 episode "The Future" (1980) - the men operating the teleport are wearing the blue and white tops the menials wore in Ultraworld.

thewayback7
Joe Dredd wrote:

Jan Chappell plays Counsel for the Defence in this episode of Crown Court: Resurrection Woman (1982).

i.imgur.com/kI5BgMv.jpg

click to enlarge

Joe Dredd
Michael Keating plays Inspector Bell in a 1988 episode of 'King & Castle' (Thames, series 2 episode 4).

i.imgur.com/PvX3O3R.jpg

It's strange to see Mike Keating displaying such unVila-like expressions.

As usual, click on the photos to see large versions.

Joe Dredd
Ronald King (Derek Martin) runs a debt collection agency. David Castle (Nigel Planer) helps him out. Interesting to see this episode was written by Planer and fellow alternative comedian Andy De La Tour. De La Tour made appearances in The Young Ones and Filthy, Rich & Catflap, which of course Planer had leading roles in.

i.imgur.com/NhaTk1s.png

Joe Dredd
Inspector Bell only appears briefly at the end of the episode. He has about two lines and about a minute of air time.

i.imgur.com/jzuApvR.png

Look at his expression in this last shot!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
28,371,795 unique visits since 8th January 2014