Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Dr Who: The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Overall this had the style of a Moffat story but felt more like an RTD epic than anything since the man himself left the show.

It reminded me of "The Sound Of Drums" in places.

Uh oh.

I'll probably wait until next week to check this out, watch both together.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

rojkerr1
Enjoyable, great fun, real sense of paranoia. Liked the Harry Sullivan references, even tied to Mawdryn Undead. would have liked a photo or clip of dear Ian Marter tho

Henry Eggleton
An interesting episode wonder if Clara will be permanently bonded with her Zygon to reinstate the peace accords?
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
JustBrad
I like the classic references. I will give them points for making proper use of the Zygons greatest weapon: Making you attack the face of a loved one.

Space Chopper
This was more like it! This had the feel of a classic era show, brought bang up-to-date by tackling modern issues like immigration, radicalisation and the faceless enemy within. Imagine ISIS meets 'Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers', and this was more or less what we got. Smug Clara works as a baddie, which is probably why her smugness in previous weeks grated so much, although it helped sell the 'is this the real Clara' this week. Chuck in some classic references, an homage to Harry Sullivan, a pic of Bill Hartnell and the question marks, and I'm a happy Space Rat this week.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

I like the classic references. I will give them points for making proper use of the Zygons greatest weapon: Making you attack the face of a loved one.

Yes. There's actually thought behind it. Someone's actually mulled over what's really terrifying about the Zygons.

trevor travis
Space Chopper wrote:

This was more like it! This had the feel of a classic era show, brought bang up-to-date by tackling modern issues like immigration, radicalisation and the faceless enemy within. Imagine ISIS meets 'Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers', and this was more or less what we got. Smug Clara works as a baddie, which is probably why her smugness in previous weeks grated so much, although it helped sell the 'is this the real Clara' this week. Chuck in some classic references, an homage to Harry Sullivan, a pic of Bill Hartnell and the question marks, and I'm a happy Space Rat this week.

I chuckled at the question mark underpants remark from the Doctor. A little light-hearted jab at the JNT era in the middle of a pretty dark story.

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Uh oh.

But it also reminded me of "The Enemy Of The World" Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Space Chopper wrote:

...and the question marks...

I chuckled at the question mark underpants remark from the Doctor. A little light-hearted jab at the JNT era in the middle of a pretty dark story.

I love how Osgood wears a different Cosplay outfit to work each time we see her (or her sister) and yes, the JNT dig was subtle.... Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

peladon
That was significantly better, hope next week doesn derail it.

meegat39
Really good episode! Evil Clara was brilliant! She should always play a baddie imo. Good plot without any pretension.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

Really good episode! Evil Clara was brilliant! She should always play a baddie imo. Good plot without any pretension.

Maybe Evil Clara survives and normal Clara dies Wink

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Uh oh.

But it also reminded me of "The Enemy Of The World" Wink

Whew that's much better
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

That would be fine by me!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

and Evil Clara becomes the companion of Fem Master and they get their own spin off show....

Travisina
I've finally caught up with this on iPlayer (still have no functioning TV Sad ) and...

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

That was a lot better than I expected it to be, and it was interesting to see a more global UNIT story than usual. This episode is likely to divide opinion, and I'm always dubious about fantasy shows being too obvious in their parallels with real life issues and especially those closest to people's feelings; this episode pushed those boundaries hard with its similarities to the Syria crisis, ISIS analogies, terrorist training camps, Middle East setting, hostage videos, direct use of terms like extremism and radicalisation, and somewhat below the belt jokes about immigration and the UK benefits system. Time and public reaction will tell if the line was crossed, or at least whether it got away with doing so.

As a drama, I found it an absorbing forty-five minutes and thought everyone was on good form despite the format splitting the characters up perhaps a little too much. Jenna Coleman obviously enjoyed the chance to play Evil Clara and played to the camera almost as much as John Normington or Ian Richardson in The Caves of Androzani and House of Cards respectively!

... I pretty much agree with SD on all points.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just bumping this thread ahead of this evening! Episode two is on BBC1 at 8pm...

I'm working overtime this evening, but will be looking out for comments.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Here we go... Evil Clara time Grin

trevor travis
Now that was really good. Cracking episode.

Anniew
How brilliant was that. Capaldi and Osgood rule and Clara was good too.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,095,776 unique visits since 8th January 2014