Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Dr Who: The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
Anniew
I love Zygons. Like angry babies! Kind of cousins to the Decimas but skinned and more squelchy!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Klenotka
I like this. I am still sceptical when it comes to Zygons but this sounds really good Smile

http://www.mcmbuz...e-preview/
Donīt be Lasagne

Henry Eggleton
Have really bad organic technology
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
Spaceship Dispatcher
Episode one of this story is this evening on BBC1 at 8.15pm UK time

I'm not greatly confident about this one, but will approach it with an open mind...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Just watched "Day Of The Doctor" again. The secondary storyline (the Zygon invasion) comes to a halt with 20 minutes to go, to make way for the Time War storyline, so interesting to see how tonight picks that up.

What happened to the peace being agreed between humankind and the Zygons?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Fifteen minutes to go... Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Looking forward to this... will the Doctor hold a grudge against his old enemies, or will he let Zygons be Zygons?

Spaceship Dispatcher
"It's a trivial pursuit question! I used to memorise trivial pursuit questions so... I could win..."

Spaceship Dispatcher
"Try to kill as few of them as possible. I need someone to negotiate with"

Klenotka
This was the first time this series I *really* yelled at the cliffhanger. Of course, the Doctor will be OK but Zygons taking over the world? It will be interesting to see whatīs gonna happen next.
Donīt be Lasagne

trevor travis
I liked evil Clara Grin Grin

Intriguing episode tonight...

Spaceship Dispatcher
That was a lot better than I expected it to be, and it was interesting to see a more global UNIT story than usual. This episode is likely to divide opinion, and I'm always dubious about fantasy shows being too obvious in their parallels with real life issues and especially those closest to people's feelings; this episode pushed those boundaries hard with its similarities to the Syria crisis, ISIS analogies, terrorist training camps, Middle East setting, hostage videos, direct use of terms like extremism and radicalisation, and somewhat below the belt jokes about immigration and the UK benefits system. Time and public reaction will tell if the line was crossed, or at least whether it got away with doing so.

As a drama, I found it an absorbing forty-five minutes and thought everyone was on good form despite the format splitting the characters up perhaps a little too much. Jenna Coleman obviously enjoyed the chance to play Evil Clara and played to the camera almost as much as John Normington or Ian Richardson in The Caves of Androzani and House of Cards respectively! This week was Osgood's turn in the handcuffs, and rumours of Steven Moffat receiving bribes are completely unfounded and untrue. Overall this had the style of a Moffat story but felt more like an RTD epic than anything since the man himself left the show.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 31 October 2015 21:28:52

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I liked evil Clara Grin Grin

That was the highlight for me, she was brilliant Grin Grin

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Overall this had the style of a Moffat story but felt more like an RTD epic than anything since the man himself left the show.

It reminded me of "The Sound Of Drums" in places.

trevor travis
Also it was nice to have another globetrotting story prior to "The Enemy Of The World" rewatch tomorrow. Are you joining us, SD? We were in complete agreement that last week's two episodes were faultless perfection.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Also it was nice to have another globetrotting story prior to "The Enemy Of The World" rewatch tomorrow. Are you joining us, SD? We were in complete agreement that last week's two episodes were faultless perfection.

No promises, but I'll try...

Klenotka
However, I find difficult to accept that UNIT soldiers are taking orders from a school teacher. She still IS a school teacher, isnīt she? I expected some of them to ask "And who are you, excactly?"

But it is nice to see that most of the UNIT personal can behave like idiots Grin I guess it is a tradition Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

Spaceship Dispatcher
Klenotka wrote:

However, I find difficult to accept that UNIT soldiers are taking orders from a school teacher. She still IS a school teacher, isnīt she? I expected some of them to ask "And who are you, excactly?"

She's a trusted associate of the Doctor and an experienced space and time traveller, that's why Kate trusts her? What people that rank below Kate think would not carry any weight in a military organisation. Kate would have learned from her father to value the Doctor's companions.

Anniew
I loved this episode. It was nail biting, scary and brought back happy memories of season 3 and 4 unit episodes - even to the sets. I've always been terrified of the thought of not knowing who you could trust cos aliens are taken over your friends and family. And this was in that vein. For me it had an 'invasion of the body snatchers' vibe which terrified eleven year old me in the cinema( the week after I watched Richard the Third! Oh boy). I loved this episode!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Klenotka
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Klenotka wrote:

She's a trusted associate of the Doctor and an experienced space and time traveller, that's why Kate trusts her? What people that rank below Kate think would not carry any weight in a military organisation. Kate would have learned from her father to value the Doctor's companions.

Not when an official UNIT person is present, who is likely to be in charge more than Clara. Sorry, but being an associate of the Doctor doesnīt automatically make you a commander of a military unit. The only person I believed was able to do that was Martha, who actually worked for UNIT for a while. I honestly thought even Rose looked ridiculous with that long gun.
Maybe I am old-fashioned, but there should be some proper order in things. She could be an advisor but unless we will be told she IS actually a member of UNIT, I will be very sceptical.

But otherwise...I am still thinking about the episode and a rewatch is necessary for me. It felt, the first time thise series, like a proper first part so many things happened, none of the resolved.
But I am a bit curious why do they keep the Doctor and Clara apart these few couple of episodes? Are they trying to show us how would Twelve work on his own? I love Peter and Jenna together, so the fact she is leaving soon makes it a bit frustrating (when they spent last series on Danny Pink so the Doctor/companion dynamics was a bit scrambled).
Donīt be Lasagne

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,086,326 unique visits since 8th January 2014