Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 1
Astullken

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Dr Who: The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

How brilliant was that. Capaldi and Osgood rule and Clara was good too.

Part One was pretty good, but tonight was spectacular, as action was replaced with an intriguing storyline of how the Doctor can get people/Zygons back on side.

Calpaldi really can do the big speeches! Strange in a way that he hasn't been given many until now. I like the twist, that the Doctor had all the bases covered.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Capaldi really can do the big speeches! Strange in a way that he hasn't been given many until now...

I gather it's been deliberate. As soon as Matt was given long speeches he was accused of being just a substitute Tennant, and they seem to have been trying to make PC as different to DT and MS as possible. His interpretation is a lot more like CE imo, but that's a decade ago now so long enough not to be criticised for the similarity...

@ TT - by the way, you must have achieved it while I wasn't looking so apologies for the delay... but congrats on passing 10000 posts!!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Capaldi really can do the big speeches! Strange in a way that he hasn't been given many until now...

I gather it's been deliberate. As soon as Matt was given long speeches he was accused of being just a substitute Tennant, and they seem to have been trying to make PC as different to DT and MS as possible. His interpretation is a lot more like CE imo, but that's a decade ago now so long enough not to be criticised for the similarity...

@ TT - by the way, you must have achieved it while I wasn't looking so apologies for the delay... but congrats on passing 10000 posts!!

And congratulations on reaching 11,000!!

As for the speeches, MS couldn't handle them in any case. The one in "Pandorica Opens" simply showed his limits as an actor. He just doesn't have the gravitas of CE, DT or PC - he does a good line in quirky instead.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

And congratulations on reaching 11,000!!

Thank you Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Henry Eggleton
A really good old fashioned episode today
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
JustBrad
How did you survive?
Five rounds rapid fire.

I cheered.

Space Chopper
I must admit my heart sank a bit when I saw that Moffat shared writing credits for this episode, but it soon picked right back up again. My first 10/10, 5/5 episode this series, and so far the definitive Capaldi story- he AND Peter Harness smashed it out of the park and into very high orbit. Capaldi's speech at the end was practically the Doctor's mission statement, and I enjoyed this so much I almost became acquainted with mister eff-bomb to articulate how much I chuffing well loved this episode!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Spaceship Dispatcher
Okay, I have just caught up with episode two. Last week I speculated whether the show would get away with touching a nerve on sensitive current issues, and my verdict is that yes it does. At face value this episode pushed the boundaries of bad taste even further than last week, by using the tragic MH17 disaster as a template for family entertainment and by putting Gestapo-Clara/Bonnie/Zygella on prime time Saturday evening television the night before Remembrance Sunday! But if you stick with the episode, and I sincerely hope that the majority did, then that very relevance is revealed as the cornerstone of possibly the best drama you could present the night before Remembrance Day to explain the concept of conflict to a modern generation and give those older a pause for thought without becoming hung up on the right or wrong of any specific past or current event. It delivers on the greatest strength of speculative fantasy.

As an episode of Doctor Who, I loved it in this regard too. This was a perfect sequel to Day of the Doctor, already one of my favourite stories, and the fact that so much of the climax reused the Black Archive set was a real winner. Jenna Coleman was amazing in both roles and obviously had a great time as Bonnie! This series has played with the traditional companion format nicely with Clara being Missy's companion in the first story and now the Doctor having first Ashildr and now Osgood in place of Clara. There was an interesting and imo successful reuse of an old idea here too, with Clara living in a dream home and communicating with the outside world by means of the television reminding me of Charlotte Lux in the library. The five rounds rapid line was another marvellous nostalgic touch and makes me even more excited about following Kate and Osgood (however many Osgoods there are) in the upcoming UNIT spin-off series from Big Finish...

*..."Andrew, how do you fancy drawing Bonnie next?" Wink

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

How did you survive?
Five rounds rapid fire.

I cheered.

Me too. Lovely moment!

Edited to add - I agree again with everything SD says above Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

*..."Andrew, how do you fancy drawing Bonnie next?" Wink

I'd ask for Zygella if I were you.

Ask for Bonnie, and you might get the awful apparition of a exercise-bike mad, swimming-pool obsessed 1986/1987 companion last seen in the vicinity of Iceworld Shock Shock
Edited by trevor travis on 08 November 2015 13:37:23

Spaceship Dispatcher
Now there's an idea! Mel's great too! Wink

Space Chopper
You guys will certainly appreciate this- there's a cartoonist on the web that does a comic strip for every Dr Who episode that airs, poking affectionate fun, and this one is especially apropos for here.

i.imgur.com/gkykidK.jpg
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lol, that's excellent SC !! Grin Grin

Klenotka
I love Peter Capaldi.

Thatīs all Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

trevor travis
haha, love that cartoon Grin Grin Grin

BradPaula
It did our hearts good to hear Kate Stewart say 'five rounds rapid' as her dad used to say. We clapped and cheered! Also the reference to Harry Sullivan and the gas he invented. I am a classic Who girl and any reference to the old series is good in my book. Capaldi was excellent in this episode and I hope for more of the same type of episode for the rest of the series.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

...Capaldi was excellent in this episode and I hope for more of the same type of episode for the rest of the series.

Well, the next two episodes look very different to what's gone before...

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:
Capaldi was excellent in this episode...

He was more than excellent, he was outstanding! Breathtakingly brilliant performance - I was mesmerised, hanging on his every Scots-accented word.
The others were excellent too - Jenna playing good & evil Claras, and Jemma very much her father's daughter - in every sense of the word!

(Jenna & Jemma? I'd have loved to know how dear Vere Lorrimer would have directed them, as he got confused between Jan/Cally, Jenna/Sally to the extent he just called them 'Jelly' and 'Jam'!)
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Klenotka
I thought that scene proved just how great Peter and Jenna are. I would love to see some behind the scenes stuff for this.
But Peter...oh, boy, I watched that scene twice already....
Donīt be Lasagne

peladon
It seems I spoke too soon. Someone please lock Moffat up somewhere far away. An appalling angst fest of truly self indulgent proportions. Back to being pretentious and wrapped up in its own cleverness, Oh and Claras sepcialness ofcourse. The only good moment was the Kate Stewart reply on how she survived.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
9,908,382 unique visits since 8th January 2014