Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Which is your favourite Zygon story, in any medium?
Terror of the Zygons (tv serial) Terror of the Zygons (tv serial) 83%[5 Votes]
The Bodysnatchers (BBC Books) The Bodysnatchers (BBC Books) 0%[0 Votes]
Sting of the Zygons (BBC Books) Sting of the Zygons (BBC Books) 0%[0 Votes]
The Zygon Who Fell to Earth (Big Finish) The Zygon Who Fell to Earth (Big Finish) 0%[0 Votes]
Day of the Doctor (tv episode) Day of the Doctor (tv episode) 17%[1 Vote]
other choice - please specify other choice - please specify 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 6
 Print Thread
Dr Who: The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
Spaceship Dispatcher
The next story is another two parter and features the return of both UNIT and the Zygons; starring Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, Jemma Redgrave, Ingrid Oliver, Rebecca Front and Jaye Griffiths.

We therefore have a Zygon themed favourite story poll this week; The Zygon Who Fell to Earth did of course feature a guest role for Steven Pacey...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Easy peasy - has to be Terror Of The Zygons.

Day Of The Doctor, while great, was more of an anniversary story. In "Terror", the Zygons took centre stage rather than being a sideshow.

Have no idea what the other three are.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Have no idea what the other three are.

The Bodysnatchers by Mark Morris was one of the first EDAs, published in 1997 after BBC took the novels back in house; Sting of the Zygons by Steve Cole was a 10th Doctor and Martha Jones novel; and The Zygon Who Fell to Earth was an episode of the excellent Eighth Doctor Adventures by Big Finish.

My choice was Day of the Doctor
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Gauda Cheese
Terror of the Zygons!

Whose writing this two parter?
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Really? The Zygons are only in it for what seems a combined air time of around 5 minutes. Wink As per our discussion regarding what constitutes a Dalek/Cybermen story, I'm in two minds whether "Day" is a Zygon story. Brilliant story, yes, but a Zygon story?

Surely, "Terror" is a far better showcase for them.

Looking forward to the next two weeks and the first full return of the Zygons since 1975. Woohoo!! Cool

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Really? The Zygons are only in it for what seems a combined air time of around 5 minutes. Wink As per our discussion regarding what constitutes a Dalek/Cybermen story, I'm in two minds whether "Day" is a Zygon story. Brilliant story, yes, but a Zygon story?

The Zygons' own appearance and role is obviously better within Terror than within Day, but in a 'favourite story' poll Day wins for me overall; it's my favourite Doctor Who story that Zygons feature in.

I considered including Death in Blackpool in the poll, but decided that fans of the Big Finish audios would probably go for the Steven Pacey episode!

trevor travis
The Zygons' own appearance and role is obviously better within Terror than within Day, but in a 'favourite story' poll Day wins for me overall; it's my favourite Doctor Who story that Zygons feature in.

OK, must remember to insist Waters Of Mars is included in any future favourite story polls for the Daleks Wink Grin Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

OK, must remember to insist Waters Of Mars is included in any future favourite story polls for the Daleks

I expect I'll regret asking this, but why? Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Really? The Zygons are only in it for what seems a combined air time of around 5 minutes...

More than that, isn't it? The negotiating scene must be five minutes alone, plus the picnic and subsequent chase through the woods, the scenes between real and fake Osgood, and all the time spent with the fake Kate Stewart before her original is found...

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

OK, must remember to insist Waters Of Mars is included in any future favourite story polls for the Daleks

I expect I'll regret asking this, but why? Grin

Because some people might really like the story, even though there's a Dalek in only one scene Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Day of the Doctor is absolutely definitely a Zygon story, they are in so much of the episode and are so central to the part of the plot set on Earth.

trevor travis

Day of the Doctor is absolutely definitely a Zygon story, they are in so much of the episode and are so central to the part of the plot set on Earth.

Exactly, part of the plot not the plot.

The main plot of the "Day Of The Doctor" concerns the John Hurt Doctor's part in the Time War and his fateful decision that wiped out Daleks and Time Lords alike. The secondary plot is the Zygon infiltration of Earth. It's so secondary that its resolution is not covered in "Day".

I think I would just about count it as a Zygon story (in the same way "The Five Doctors" is a Cyberman story), but asked for a "favourite Zygon story" as with this poll, I would plump for the one where they are unequivocally the main antagonists. Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

The main plot of the "Day Of The Doctor" concerns the John Hurt Doctor's part in the Time War and his fateful decision that wiped out Daleks and Time Lords alike. The secondary plot is the Zygon infiltration of Earth. It's so secondary that its resolution is not covered in "Day".

True, but you still count Genesis of the Daleks as a Dalek story even though most of the screen time is about Davros and the different factions of scientists, soldiers, politicians and the Thals; and that story also had an ending that was revisited in a following season. The parts of Day set on Earth take up a lot more time than the scenes set on Gallifrey, so imo both plot strands count as being part of the story.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

True, but you still count Genesis of the Daleks as a Dalek story even though most of the screen time is about Davros and the different factions of scientists, soldiers, politicians and the Thals; and that story also had an ending that was revisited in a following season. The parts of Day set on Earth take up a lot more time than the scenes set on Gallifrey, so imo both plot strands count as being part of the story.

I see your point, but as your question was: "Which is your favourite Zygon story, in any medium?" rather "Which is your favourite story, which features the Zygons as part of it, in any medium?", I'm going for Terror Of The Zygons, which is 100% a Zygon story, and not 55.55% Time War 33.33% Zygons 11.11% Daleks Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

...I'm going for Terror Of The Zygons, which is 100% a Zygon story, and not 55.55% Time War 33.33% Zygons 11.11% Daleks Wink

Choose whichever one you like, that's why all of those stories were poll options! How many minutes or pages the Zygons feature in each one was not a criteria in setting it and does not have to be a criteria in anyone's choice. It's the criteria for your choice, and that's your perogative as a voter Wink

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Terror of the Zygons!

Whose writing this two parter?

Peter Harness.

Which means we'll probably find out that the Earth is actually a giant beachball in this story Grin Grin Grin

Space Chopper
Terror, definitely. A Tom Baker classic, with more than a little dose of Hammer horror thrown in to liven things up. Quatermass meets Hammer horror- sublime.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Klenotka
I am really not a fan of Zygons so their stories didnīt appeal to me. So I canīt vote because I donīt remember most of them Grin

I am a bit anxious about this two-parter. The promo photo I saw looks awesome but I am still not sure how they are going to fit Zygons into modern DW. It was fine on The Day of the Doctor (this should be a sort of sequel to the story) but if it was something similar to body snatchers...will see Smile
Donīt be Lasagne

trevor travis
I'm getting excited simply by the trailers of this one.... Zygons.... woohoo!!!! Grin Grin

rojkerr1
love Terror, music atmosphere everything, I have the laserdisc cover artwork on my wall...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,883,719 unique visits since 8th January 2014