Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
mark of kane & logic of empire.
steveothen
I have a question, if maybe someone can enlighten me ?
why haven't the audio plays "the mark of kane" & "the logic of empire" never been re-released as cd's ?
is it a copyright issue ?, & B7media will not allow it ?

rojkerr1
the original copies I've got are on cd, but they were released on tape. at the time. They were independent, non profit making, it was the only way to get round the copyright issues with the BBC. I hope Big Finish might release them in the future, if an arrangement can be made. I would love it if they did, but mind you, I'm extremely biased...They were the first, Kane predated the shameful BBC attempts.

steveothen
rojkerr1 wrote:

the original copies I've got are on cd, but they were released on tape. at the time. They were independent, non profit making, it was the only way to get round the copyright issues with the BBC. I hope Big Finish might release them in the future, if an arrangement can be made. I would love it if they did, but mind you, I'm extremely biased...They were the first, Kane predated the shameful BBC attempts.

A re-release by Big Finish would be great.
It would be nice to have all B7 available in one format, as far as i know you can't get the BBC radio stories, brand new, on CD anymore. ( shamefull or not ! )

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:

I hope Big Finish might release them in the future, if an arrangement can be made.

If so I hope they can add the 'blooper reel' track - more people should hear it!

rojkerr1
dead rite Joe, it is hysterical! The Kane one too!

rojkerr1
the music is also excellent, it exists as Music only mixes, Alistair Lock

Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd, that new photo post for your avatar is great. Were you a Max Headroom fan too? Let's just say it is M m m m m Modest to the MAX. Smile

Spaceresearcher
Here's to a re-release by Big Finish, that would be superb. I still have and treasure the cassette tapes. All are available to listen to on YouTube though, so go and enjoy them if you havn't heard them yet. Logic Of Empire I would put above even the Big Finish releases. Seriously great story and extremely well done.

rojkerr1
Ta SD

Anniew
I agree 100%!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Joe Dredd, that new photo post for your avatar is great. Were you a Max Headroom fan too? Let's just say it is M m m m m Modest to the MAX. :)

Hi Spaceresearcher, yes, very much enjoyed Max H. I still wish the original (UK) telemovie would get a release!

Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Joe Dredd, that new photo post for your avatar is great. Were you a Max Headroom fan too? Let's just say it is M m m m m Modest to the MAX. Smile

Hi Spaceresearcher, yes, very much enjoyed Max H. I still wish the original (UK) telemovie would get a release!

Max H is a great series. Absolutely. There's a nice DVD box set out(and of course amazingly Max Headroom is public domain so there's several downloadable avenues if anyone is on a budget and hasn't seen the series yet), however a special features and the UK original would be great because there's subtle differences between the UK and the US releases of the pilot. If I'm not mistaken the UK version was 4 to 8mins longer than the US release.

I've got the Paranormia 45rpm single and have often wondered what the Max Headroom Christmas album would be like. Max Headroom's guide to life is a fun read also.

Joe Dredd
Spaceresearcher wrote:
of course amazingly Max Headroom is public domain

I find that very surprising. How did that happen?

Have you seen any of the Channel 4 "digital switchover" adverts with Max as an old man?

Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:
of course amazingly Max Headroom is public domain

I find that very surprising. How did that happen?

Have you seen any of the Channel 4 "digital switchover" adverts with Max as an old man?

I'm not sure, there are several websites with downloads proclaiming it is, like this one for example: https://primewire.unblocked.la/watch-2674879-Max-Headroom-online-free

No, I don't think I have, are they up on Youtube? Sounds interesting.

Amazingly Matt Frewer didn't appear on interviews on the Max Headroom DVD box set either (yikes, like Eureka was a show worth commenting on but not Max Headroom the show that actually catapulted his career???)

Craig07A
Actually on ebay you can find Logic Of Empire and Mark of Kane where if you buy the tape you get a free bonus CDcopy! B7!!

Spaceresearcher
Craig07A wrote:

Actually on ebay you can find Logic Of Empire and Mark of Kane where if you buy the tape you get a free bonus CDcopy! B7!!

Just be sure to hang on to your original tape or Avon will shoot you down like a dog(owners of the original cassette tape will get this one).

rojkerr1
or Elise will break yr arm

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
9,173,891 unique visits since 8th January 2014