Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: Ritter_der_Tiefe

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 96
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Do you have a favorite go-to episode?
meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Best 'fun' episodes of B7:

1. City At The Edge Of The World
2. Harvest Of Kairos
3. Death-Watch
4. Headhunter
5. Gambit
6. Orbit (until around 35 minutes in)
7. Moloch

Haven't you forgotten Gold? Grin

It's a strong episode, but not really a fun episode. Keiller gets killed and Avon starts to lose the plot Wink

Then again... there is Soolin's bum, plus the photocopier. Yes, I'll add it to my list Grin Grin

Hee hee!! Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Haven't you forgotten Gold? Grin

It's a strong episode, but not really a fun episode. Keiller gets killed and Avon starts to lose the plot Wink

Gold would be a good choice, and I'm still not sure why everyone's choice of episode has to be a fun one just because yours and Mrs B's are! She threw the thread open to everyone to post their own choices.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Gold would be a good choice, and I'm still not sure why everyone's choice of episode has to be a fun one just because yours and Mrs B's are! She threw the thread open to everyone to post their own choices.

Nothing to do with me. Mrs B started the thread and what it was about - I've just followed those parameters set by her opening post.

Lurena
-Spacefall, because of the first appearance of the most wonderful and elegant space ship ever, and the first appearance of a certain, unwilling computer genius, who managed to never leave my thoughts since.
Then in no specific order:
-Countdown, this one I watch when I feel desolated; for the proof that someone can love and would have given his life to save that of his lover. And for the wonderful interaction Grant-Avon.
-Killer, for its make-up artist's fun and of course the teaming up Avon-Vila.
-Gambit, Mardi Gras (the original one I always find rather disturbing so it's a bit of horror for me)... and I have a weak spot for mini Orac. ( why never use that trick again?) Also the team Avon-Vila.
-Headhunter may be on this list too from time to time, because I love the British taste for headless characters in literature and film. And Avon in action. Although I don't want my hero to suffer, but when he does he does it beautifully.
(That's why I don't have Ultraworld in this list: Avon suffers beautifully in it too, trying to keep up his "insomnia", I don't like it, or...?)
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
mrsbookmark
Killer is a good one as per fun.

I chose Star One as 'fun' not so much as comedy, but because it's pacing, action, dialogue all give it a nice, full action episode which makes me feel energized watching it.

I love Rumours of War, but it hurts to watch.

I do wonder if the tone of the episode would have been different with Travis One. Bleaker maybe?

President Solvite
In no particular order my 'go to' list is

City at the edge of the World... (for fun)
Spacefall (to re-appreciate B7 at its finest)
Rumours of Death (drama and I think the combat scenes are well realised and too see Servalan cornered in her own residence)

Others may include...
Bounty
Trial
Project Avalon
Star One
Voice from the Past...

My only 4th season choice would be Rescue, Headhunter, Sand and Blake.. Being the better stories and more worthy B7 examples in my opinion.

It all depends on the mood..

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Ellen York
Seek-Locate-Destroy and Duel are particular favorites. Gambit is loads of fun with Avon and Vila being sneaky. Harvest of Kairos is a bit of a guilty pleasure. Actually haven't watched HoK in ages, might have to pull it out soon especially after Annie's spirited defense of it at RTGP3 Grin

Gauda Cheese
First one that springs to mind is Dawn of the Gods! Wow that is some dumb dumb FUN! I love it.

Travisina, how'd you put that one on the back of a card?
Edited by Gauda Cheese on 13 October 2015 23:34:41
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

dragonq
Shadow. I can't say why: it's just one I like to revisit more than many of the others.

Travisina
Gauda Cheese wrote:

First one that springs to mind is Dawn of the Gods! Wow that is some dumb dumb FUN! I love it.

Like this:
The Liberator is pulled into a black hole. When the ship comes to rest, the crew find that they have landed inside a cavern. Cally hears a telepathic voice: the Thaarn, a vengeful god from Auron mythology, is calling her.
The Caliph to the Lord Thaarn appears, and informs the crew that they are on the planet Crandor. Energy isolators prevent their handguns working, and they are taken prisoner.
Tarrant and Avon are put to work in a gravity generator control room. Groff, the overseer, explains that the Thaarn intends to use the power of gravity to conquer the universe.
Cally is taken to the Thaarn, who wants her to rule alongside him. Pretending to agree to his request, Cally tricks him into switching off the energy isolators.
With their guns working again, Avon and Tarrant escape, freeing the others along the way. They return to the Liberator, while Groff reverses the gravity generators, releasing the ship. However, this action destroys Crandor. As the planet explodes, another craft is seen the Thaarn, too, has escaped.

Dead on the max 175 words.

But that was a piece of cake compared with Shadow (hi, Dragonq!).
There was so much going on in that one, that the only way to get it down to the word count was to leave out all mention of Bek, Hanna and Vila's trip to Space City Oops
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Gauda Cheese
Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Like this:
The Liberator is pulled into a black hole. When the ship comes to rest, the crew find that they have landed inside a cavern. Cally hears a telepathic voice: the Thaarn, a vengeful god from Auron mythology, is calling her.
The Caliph to the Lord Thaarn appears, and informs the crew that they are on the planet Crandor. Energy isolators prevent their handguns working, and they are taken prisoner.
Tarrant and Avon are put to work in a gravity generator control room. Groff, the overseer, explains that the Thaarn intends to use the power of gravity to conquer the universe.
Cally is taken to the Thaarn, who wants her to rule alongside him. Pretending to agree to his request, Cally tricks him into switching off the energy isolators.
With their guns working again, Avon and Tarrant escape, freeing the others along the way. They return to the Liberator, while Groff reverses the gravity generators, releasing the ship. However, this action destroys Crandor. As the planet explodes, another craft is seen the Thaarn, too, has escaped.

Dead on the max 175 words.

But that was a piece of cake compared with Shadow (hi, Dragonq!).
There was so much going on in that one, that the only way to get it down to the word count was to leave out all mention of Bek, Hanna and Vila's trip to Space City Oops

I love it! Do you think you can make some up for episodes that don't exist? that'd be funny and pretty awesome!

I take it Shadow was the hardest card to do? I'm already balding and doing a synopsis of some of these would only speed up the process,
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

clanger68
Ooh, tough thing to choose.

I actually quite often watch Rescue.

Of course that might be just as it is first! LOL
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Moon Disk
Easy. 'Mission to Destiny'. I've seen it so many times, it's become Columbo-esque and gone from being a who-dunnit to a how's-he-gonna-solve-it.

Like Avon, I don't like unsolved mysteries. Not sure I care about the planet turning into a mushroom either. Great fun though, especially with Blake playing fast and loose by leaving them behind when no-one's sure if there's a killer on board or not.

Plus my name is 54124 (missing an 'H', but never mind).Grin

rojkerr1
so u did it Sara!

Moon Disk
rojkerr1 wrote:

so u did it Sara!

Hehe, I'm the one that got away Grin

littlesue
I'm still thinking which episode I tend to watch. Grandson likes the one where 'the man gets covered in shaving foam'....but he's not over here so often now (well, he is 13 next week!!!) and he is steering clear as I have tried to get him to watch one of the Uncle episodes.
There are just so many to choose from. It's the same with The Champions, although To Trap a Rat and Happening are both very high on that list.
I think Deliverence is one I would put on as it has several plot threads running alongside each other, the same as Mission, Rumours....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

peladon
Ny go tos? Anything from series 1, Redemption, Countdown,Pressure point, Gambit, Killer from series 2, Aftermath, Powerplay, Sarcophogus, City and Terminal from series 3

Child Of Auron
Interesting topic as I don't think I have ever just dipped into Blake's 7. It's either a start to finish re-watch or not at all

If I had to I suppose (choosing 2 from each series) and they aren't necessarily just for fun!

Mission To Destiny - the story I have watched the most since it was the first I ever recorded off the TV
Duel - Douglas Camfield direction will always make good tv
Shadow - Cally story and my first childhood memory of B7
Star One - Action, drama, debate and what a build up to the cliffhanger
Sarcophagus - Cally story and so not what you would expect from B7
Terminal - my personal favourite story
Headhunter - Silly and Soolin is good in this one
Gold - Funny, love the music and Soolin is good in this one!!!!

Rodney
I like re-watching Servalan's introductory episode. You immediately sense that the show has shifted up a dramatic gear or two.
Vila: Where are all the good guys?
Blake: You could be looking at them.
Avon: What a depressing thought!

mrsbookmark
Rodney wrote:

I like re-watching Servalan's introductory episode. You immediately sense that the show has shifted up a dramatic gear or two.

That's true. She had a lot of presence from the beginning.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.45 seconds
9,506,147 unique visits since 8th January 2014