Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Do you have a favorite go-to episode?
mrsbookmark
so, sometimes I just watch an episode here or there because it's fun. I usually go to STAR ONE(season 2) or GOLD (season 4). It's not necessarily because they are the best episodes, but something about them I just enjoy watching, especially if I'm feeling down. Any one else have a go to episode of Blake's '?

Anniew
My go to episodes are those where there is a sense that the crew are a team and there is ( a little) sense of hope. And which contain Avon. Lots of Avon. I like Project Avalon for that reason ( well the team bit - there isn't so much Avon) and I love rewatching Harvest Of Kairos ( sorry Travisina/Supreme Commander but I do!) and Death Watch is brilliant.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
Best 'fun' episodes of B7:

1. City At The Edge Of The World
2. Harvest Of Kairos
3. Death-Watch
4. Headhunter
5. Gambit
6. Orbit (until around 35 minutes in)
7. Moloch

Spaceship Dispatcher
My go-to episodes are probably TWB, Horizon or Rumours.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

My go-to episodes are probably TWB, Horizon or Rumours.

You watch TWB and Rumours for 'fun' SD? Two of my favourite episodes, but not for jolly reasons Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

You watch TWB and Rumours for 'fun' SD?...

Sorry, that was just me answering the original question! Favourite fun episode? Probably Gambit...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Sorry, that was just me answering the original question! Favourite fun episode? Probably Gambit...

Mrs Bookmark did clarify: so, sometimes I just watch an episode here or there because it's fun.

That's why I was slightly surprised when you said The Way Back Grin Grin

I think you have to really, really, really, really dislike Blake to watch TWB for fun. Wink

Anniew
Though Mrs B does list Star One and Terminal. Neither a bundle of laughs.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Though Mrs B does list Star One and Terminal. Neither a bundle of laughs.

Terminal? I thought it was Star One and Gold.

I don't think anyone is going to enjoy Terminal as a 'fun' episode, unless they really dislike Zen. Shock

I guess Star One is curious, although the only major death in "Star One" is Travis and he kinda gets what he's been asking for.

"Star One" is not nearly as depressing as "Terminal" or "Blake".

Anniew
Didn't check! And you're right. But Lurena's death is a bit horrific in Star One ( and I may well have got her name wrong - I haven't checked that either!) but you know who I mean.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Didn't check! And you're right. But Lurena's death is a bit horrific in Star One ( and I may well have got her name wrong - I haven't checked that either!) but you know who I mean.

It is Lurena. Yes, her death is a bit horrific.

Mind you, someone dies in almost every episode of B7. As fun as "Harvest" is, poor old Jarvik does die at the end.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Mrs Bookmark did clarify: so, sometimes I just watch an episode here or there because it's fun.

Yes, she specified that her own go-to episodes are those that are more fun; but that's not the same as dictating that everyone else's choices have to be for the same reason! The original post defined the term as stories that are "not necessarily because they are the best episodes, but something about them I just enjoy watching, especially if I'm feeling down", and the episodes that I turn to when I'm after one episode in isolation that ticks the most boxes would be one of those three. But my go-to episodes are not fun ones...

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

I love rewatching Harvest Of Kairos ( sorry Travisina/Supreme Commander but I do!)

Don't apologise, I really like Harvest, too!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
My go-to eps are (in no particular order - two from each series):

1. Duel
2. Project Avalon
3. Countdown
4. Gambit
5. City
6. Sarcophagus
7. Sand
8. Gold

@TT - if there was the opposite of a go-to list (a 'stay-away from' list?), Moloch would top that. In fact, I might skip the rewatch, 'cos it makes me so cross!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
@TT - if there was the opposite of a go-to list (a 'stay-away from' list?), Moloch would top that. In fact, I might skip the rewatch, 'cos it makes me so cross!

Ah yes, I remember the discussion - not your favourite episode Grin

The episode does make me chuckle, though. Mostly the fun Vila and Doran pairing Wink

JustBrad
Spacefall
SLD
Mission to Destiny
Duel
Bounty
Orac
Shadow
Pressure Point
Trial
Killer
Countdown
Star One
Powerplay
City...
Rumors
Terminal
Rescue
Traitor
Stardrive
Sand
Orbit
Blake

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

2. Harvest Of Kairos
3. Death-Watch
4. Headhunter
5. Gambit
7. Moloch

Haven't you forgotten Gold? Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

rojkerr1
Killer,Star one, Sand,Blake, Duel, love killer for the sharp dialogue and sense of horror, Star one for its sense of danger and isolation. Sand for its wonderful story and atmos, Blake bcos it still blows my mind, Duel bcos of the wonderful music, and the battle scenes...

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

2. Harvest Of Kairos
3. Death-Watch
4. Headhunter
5. Gambit
7. Moloch

Haven't you forgotten Gold? Grin

It's a strong episode, but not really a fun episode. Keiller gets killed and Avon starts to lose the plot Wink

Then again... there is Soolin's bum, plus the photocopier. Yes, I'll add it to my list Grin Grin

meegat39
My go to episodes:
Spacefall
Mission to Destiny
Deliverance
Pressure Point
Countdown
Aftermath
Powerplay
Deathwatch
Power
Gold