Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blakes 7 in 'The 50 Greatest Science Fiction Shows of All time
Spaceresearcher
Our beloved show came it at 15 beating a lot of great series.

http://www.popula...-tv-shows/

I'm a little miffed that 'V' the original series could possible be considered anywhere near the callibre of Blakes 7 let alone be in front of it but hey there's no accounting for taste. I also wouldn't have put Star Trek The Next Generation over Blakes 7 or Doctor Who(but hey some folks will be pleased Doctor Who is considered Number 1). The X-files at Number 2 was proposterous and I can't believe that 'The Prisoner' took 7th place(although it is a great series but I hated the ending, the rest of the show is superb and highly recommended).
Fringe, The Outer Limts and Firefly deserve there places. Still havn't seen 'Lost' but I think I will now to try and work out why it could beat Blakes 7(the whole plot kind of seemed like a poor re-imagining of a Terry Nation idea to me).

Neon Genesis Evangelion???? Surely the Gundam series would receive a place over it and it's no way near the calibre of Heldensagen Vom Kosmosinsel(which sadly didn't get a mention but it's 'Legend Of The Galactic Heroes' in English if anyone's interested) or Space Battleship Yamoto. Again there's no accounting for taste.

Red Dwarf and Firefly both deserved a higher place. The new Battlestar Galactica for me was the worst SciFi show and let down I've ever experienced in my life(on my never to be watched again list and always reach for the good ol original version only self warning). Red Dwarf and Firefly and Farscape all beat the abomination that was the new Battlestar Galactica. (Yeah the first 2 seasons were intriguing but then it completely dies in Season 3 and goes down hill from there. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse they managed to achieve the impossible and drop it completely into my garbage bin with that pitiful ending).

Thoughts on this list fellow fans?
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 08 October 2015 18:41:51

President Solvite
2 1/2 year old predictable type list that I tend to gloss over even when current. UK magazines like SFX do similar efforts with probably better entries.

As long as B7 gets and keeps getting recognised and mentioned, I tend to care not about seemingly arbitrary rankings or scores.

Blake's 7 is a significant milestone in UK TV history..

Great plot arcs, dialogue, characters, and concepts.. It was good despite its low budget.. Compared to the original BSG that had a massive budget per episode.. It holds up very well and I say even better than its American cousin.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
trevor travis
SR, can you make the URL clickable please? It just makes things slightly easier.

Somewhat dodgy list there, in any case. Some stuff above B7 which should never be above B7. And is the X-Files actually science fiction?

Needs more British stuff near the top. And where's Survivors and Star Cops. Two rare PURE SF shows.... and not even in the top 50 Shock

Spaceresearcher
trevor travis wrote:

SR, can you make the URL clickable please? It just makes things slightly easier.

Somewhat dodgy list there, in any case. Some stuff above B7 which should never be above B7. And is the X-Files actually science fiction?

Needs more British stuff near the top. And where's Survivors and Star Cops. Two rare PURE SF shows.... and not even in the top 50 Shock

Very good point TT, Survivors was a mind blowing Science Fiction series. Star Cops was also rather good. (It's incredible to watch as you can pick out a bit of Blakes 7 props and set dressings throughout Smile ).

Then what about 'Star Maidens'? That was a great Science Fiction series also.

Spaceresearcher
President Solvite wrote:

2 1/2 year old predictable type list that I tend to gloss over even when current. UK magazines like SFX do similar efforts with probably better entries.

As long as B7 gets and keeps getting recognised and mentioned, I tend to care not about seemingly arbitrary rankings or scores.

Blake's 7 is a significant milestone in UK TV history..

Great plot arcs, dialogue, characters, and concepts.. It was good despite its low budget.. Compared to the original BSG that had a massive budget per episode.. It holds up very well and I say even better than its American cousin.

It would be interesting to see a Horizon top 50 Science Fiction series of all time list.

Personally PS, Blakes 7 is still Number 1 for myself. It's yet to have anything that can beat it or in fact be little more than an inferior clone. The 'predictable' is a good way to put it.

rojkerr1
space 1999 in there somewhere? Bet Timeslip didnt make it,

briggsy1
No Time Tunnel or Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - clearly the compilers are not fans of Irwin Allen. Really pleased to see the much maligned War of the Worlds tv series make it though.

Joe Dredd
What, no Mr Squiggle? For shame!

Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

What, no Mr Squiggle? For shame!

ROFL

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.35 seconds
9,185,500 unique visits since 8th January 2014