Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The new tv series ?
Spaceresearcher
As for the license, I'd love to see what would happen if all of us fans put together a Kickstarter, purchase the rights with a new company name and then set about pitching our ideas to production companies.

How's that for an idea?

Better still if enough support is shown, we could look into producing our own or get a price from a production company. Best of all we know we would treat the actors and there rights a darn site better than what's gone down before.

stoke_rob
Spaceresearcher wrote:

As for the license, I'd love to see what would happen if all of us fans put together a Kickstarter, purchase the rights with a new company name and then set about pitching our ideas to production companies.

How's that for an idea?

Better still if enough support is shown, we could look into producing our own or get a price from a production company. Best of all we know we would treat the actors and there rights a darn site better than what's gone down before.

Whilst I am not against a Kickstarter campaign, I would think the relatively small following for B7 would not generate nearly enough income to fund a pilot and also I would only support it if it meant seasoned television professionals were heading production rather than a group of eager fans. I am not fond of the 'lunatics running the asylum' approach.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
trevor travis
Doctor Who wasn’t a re-boot. It was a continuation, using existing continuity.

But DW is rather different, in that the original series from 1963 to 1989 changed lead actor, plus any supporting cast, plus production team, on a regular basis. Whereas for B7, Paul Darrow IS Avon, Gareth Thomas IS Blake, Michael Keating IS Vila, Jacqueline Pearce IS Servalan, etc, etc. I couldn’t get into the reimagined audios, because I just find it impossible to accept anyone else in those roles.

If you’re going to recast, then you might as well make another totally separate series, inspired by B7, rather than claiming (falsely) that it is B7. Because it isn’t. Not if you’re trying to claim anyone other than Paul Darrow is Avon, or anyone other than Gareth Thomas is Blake.

A continuation would be a different matter. IMO that would be fine. Although exactly how would you achieve it, with a cast of actors in either their sixties or seventies, maybe would be slightly questionable. Maybe the time has passed on a continuation. It probably needed to be done in the 1990s.

In which case, we should concentrate our efforts on the "Og: Saviour Of The Universe" mini-series Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Absolutely, being able to mount a continuation so long after the original first series is a fairly unique situation with Doctor Who that doesn't exist in many shows at all.

However, many of my other favourite characters on television have been played by more than one person so I'm not really in the camp of seeing roles as belonging to certain actors. Legally they belong to the copyright holder of course, but even in my heart I'm willing to see different interpretations.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

stoke_rob
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Absolutely, being able to mount a continuation so long after the original first series is a fairly unique situation with Doctor Who that doesn't exist in many shows at all.

However, many of my other favourite characters on television have been played by more than one person so I'm not really in the camp of seeing roles as belonging to certain actors. Legally they belong to the copyright holder of course, but even in my heart I'm willing to see different interpretations.

As someone who has been a theatre goer all my life, I am very used to seeing different actors playing the same role. Always the emphasis should be on trying to get the best possible actor for the job.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
Anniew
My heart belongs to the original cast. My head would support a remake but only if it tackles proper issues and keeps the dystopian zeitgeist.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

My heart belongs to the original cast. My head would support a remake but only if it tackles proper issues and keeps the dystopian zeitgeist.

Half the problem is that you might end up with something quite dreadful such as the Day Of The Triffids re-make Shock

David Maloney's brilliant 1981 version will never be matched.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Half the problem is that you might end up with something quite dreadful such as the Day Of The Triffids re-make Shock

Noooooooo....... Oops Oops Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Half the problem is that you might end up with something quite dreadful such as the Day Of The Triffids re-make

Which itself is an adaptation of a book...

In her interview 'Call Me Jacks' (slight spoiler alert) JP says that one of the joys of playing Servalan was the chance to create a brand new character, one that had not been played by dozens of actresses before. And that's the thing about B7 - any new recast version, unlike Doctor Who, James Bond or Hamlet, will have to contend with the fact that most fans won't like seeing or hearing different actors in those roles.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

briggsy1
trevor travis wrote:

Anniew wrote:

David Maloney's brilliant 1981 version will never be matched.

A B7/Day of the Triffids cross-over: Now there's the genesis of a good idea right there.

Angry Angel
I think the Blake's 7 universe is a good playground to do stories with a different set of characters, perhaps with reference to the originals.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
markab2
All this talk of remakes/reboots...I need my pills!

I think B7 in it's original format is a product of the times where TV life was a lot slower. 13 Episodes wouldn't do now...it'll have to be faster paced with half the amount of episodes because casual viewers would lose interest, whereas 40 years ago there was not much choice of channel to be had!

What gets/may get - made in the future come but may, but hard-core fans would always class classic B7 the 'real' B7.

If we were to be forced a new B7, then I'd accept a continuation. Blake's son/daughter seeks revenge or carries on his cause etc etc etc...

Anniew
I've just watched Zoo-oppolis with the grandkids. Now I want to see the animators make Blakes 7 with cartoon animals. The Zoo-oppolis animals were brilliantly characterised and the story had quite a bit of cynicism early on ( heartwarming ending but that could be changed!). Travis 1 as a wolf, Travis2 as a water buffalo. Avon and Vila as a fox and weasel. Jenna as a feisty rabbit. Gan as a polar bear. Blake as a lion. Cally a red panda. Servelan as a panther ( obviously). Dayna a lynx. Soolin a Cheetah, Tarrant a black bear. So much potential! N
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.35 seconds
9,168,486 unique visits since 8th January 2014