Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The new tv series ?
steveothen
Just had a look at the B7media site, & they say that the new tv series of B7 is upcoming & is being produced by Georgeville TV, is there any more news on this ? or has this been the situation for ages ?

trevor travis
steveothen wrote:

Just had a look at the B7media site, & they say that the new tv series of B7 is upcoming & is being produced by Georgeville TV, is there any more news on this ? or has this been the situation for ages ?

Old news.

There is new B7 to look forward to.... in the shape of the brilliant audio range from Big Finish. Big Finish have announced exciting plans ahead for 2016.

Spaceresearcher
trevor travis wrote:

steveothen wrote:

Old news.

There is new B7 to look forward to.... in the shape of the brilliant audio range from Big Finish. Big Finish have announced exciting plans ahead for 2016.

True but it's also slightly sad news as we are looking at only misc Liberator Chronicles releases. (No continuation of the LC volumes(well according to the latest release information) or the great full cast series). Still some releases are better than no releases. Also I'm keen for Paul Darrow's third installment of his Lucifer trilogy and a release of his reading of the book.

If anyone else knows more then please don't hold back.

trevor travis
The Liberator is returning with the release of an exclusive Blake’s 7 story, and a sneak peek into future plans.

Exciting plans are afoot at Big Finish Productions for our on-going range of Blake’s 7 audios, which mean the end of one set of adventures, and the beginning of many more.

Volume 12 of Blake’s 7 – The Liberator Chronicles, now scheduled for April 2016, will be the last in the series, but do not fear; all is not lost for the intrepid crew of the Liberator.

“2016 will mark the start of a brand new era for Blake’s 7 at Big Finish,” says producer Cavan Scott. “We’ll see new missions, intriguing new characters and the return of some real fan favourites.

“We’re also working hard to give The Liberator Chronicles the send off the award-winning series deserves, as it makes way for explosive new adventures for Blake’s brave band of rebels. More details will be revealed soon. In the meantime, we’re pleased to release a very special Blake’s 7 story, today.”

Blake's 7 - The Liberator Chronicles: Remnants is an exclusive download, written by Simon Guerrier, and starring Paul Darrow and Sally Knyvette.

After a disastrous mission to the planet Laresh, most of the crew has been wiped out. Avon and Jenna are the sole survivors, reunited aboard the Liberator.

With their plans in tatters, will Blake’s Two stay together… or go their separate ways to seek refuge in a galaxy pitted against them?

Blake's 7 - The Liberator Chronicles: Remnants can be downloaded now for just £6.99.

“As a special thank you for being patient,” says Cavan, “we’re also making Remnants available free of charge to customers who have already pre-ordered Blake's 7 - The Liberator Chronicles: Volume 12. They will find the title ready to download in their Big Finish account!”

Stay tuned to the Big Finish website for more news about upcoming Blake's 7 releases.

So Big Finish will let us know all in due course.

Spaceresearcher
Patience is a virtue in this case and I'm sure there's fantastic new adventures to come. (Speculation on a Season 4 continuation anyone??? Smile.

TT, your wish may be granted and a sequel to 'Animals' released in 2016. Smile

Spaceresearcher
It really is terrific how Big Finish provide updates for issues encountered on the CD's too. Brilliant quality control. Also there not lying fellow fans, you seriously do get more for subscribing with Big Finish.

trevor travis
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Um, no thanks... no more Justin please Angry

On the other hand, a 20-part story featuring the Horned One as Lord & Protector of the Universe.... that'd be Og-cellent news Pfft Pfft Pfft

Spaceresearcher
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Um, no thanks... no more Justin please Angry

On the other hand, a 20-part story featuring the Horned One as Lord & Protector of the Universe.... that'd be Og-cellent news Pfft Pfft Pfft

ROFL. "The Reign Of Lord Og - Protector Of The Universe". It could become an animated series. Smile

templar72
It would be lovely to have a new series of Blakes & but would we want to replace such a timeless classic. For me the series is gritty and natural and great script writing which seem to be staple from the 70's TV.

Spaceship Dispatcher
templar72 wrote:

It would be lovely to have a new series of Blakes 7 but would we want to replace such a timeless classic. For me the series is gritty and natural and great script writing which seem to be staple from the 70's TV.

New works in any art form can never replace the originals, only offer alternatives, so I would not see a problem myself from that angle.

Welcome to Horizon, by the way!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

JustBrad
templar72 wrote:

It would be lovely to have a new series of Blakes & but would we want to replace such a timeless classic. For me the series is gritty and natural and great script writing which seem to be staple from the 70's TV.

I don't think I could ever accept anyone else as Blake, or Avon, or Jenna, or Vila, or Servalan, or Tarrant.
It would be a new show to me, Blake's 7 in name only.

That's why I love what Big Finish is doing, all new adventures with the original cast. Okay, Gareth sounds older, but he is still Blake, and the REAL Blake.

wall1885
I'm quite happy that the last lot of Blake's 7 reboot TV series rumours have died and faded away (again).

As far as I'm concerned I hope that Big Finish have a long relationship with the franchise and produce many more new adventures, with as many of the original cast as possible, for many, many years to come

(did I say ''many'' too many times???)

markab2
Don't give me the jitters on Easter Monday over on-going/killed off rumours...my nerves play havoc when 'a new series' or (and this is the worst of all) a 'reboot' is mentioned. CRINGE!!

Spaceresearcher
As I've often stated and as Terry Nation himself and Paul Darrow always wanted to do, is a CONTINUATION.

I'm so looking forward to his reading of his autobiography and am wondering if there will be a couple of new editions?

I'm certain with todays technology he could still make the final TV appearance he always wanted to do where he hands over the torch so to speak. That was his primary goal for what would have been 'Blakes 7 - A Rebellion Reborn' and I've always wanted to know about the scripts and story that was produced for that series. Sadly that one fell by the wayside thanks to the company essentially taking out very poor business practices with Mr Darrow.(Talk about a dumb company, you couldn't have a continuation without him). Anyway, there's still hope and Paul sounds as keen as ever to continue with Blakes 7 adventures. He's simply amazing.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 29 March 2016 14:39:37

Spaceresearcher
As for what the Blakes 7 .com site mentions I wouldn't go holding ones breath or getting to excited.

Hmmm, I can feel a kind of Blakes 7 statement brewing in my mind. Something along the lines of:
Big Finish is happily creating and producing new audio adventures of Blakes 7,
Blakes7media is putting up sporadic tidbits and just seems happy to hog the Blakes 7 licence.
Unless they plan on throwing rights at one another, I don't think Blakes 7 media is going anywhere with Blakes 7 anytime soon......

Or something like that.

The animated Blakes 7 sounded like a marvelous idea and I think that would make for a superb Blakes 7 continuation. Would they do something in the vein of Blakes 7 afterlife? Or Something completely unexpected and different. Who knows what might have been and this is another series I would have liked to have seen the draft scripts for.

wall1885
I agree the animated series that was mentioned a few years back was a very interesting idea. But I still think I would have preferred original cast members voicing the characters (but that's just me).

Any TV series for me would only be appealing as a continuation, not a reboot/remake. I also agree that we could have had Avon or maybe even Vila in the series, as you say, handing over the baton to a new set of Rebels.

Alas I feel any TV series is now just a whisper in the wind. Thank God we have Big Finish flying the flag and doing it rather well, so far, in my opinion.

stoke_rob
As far as I am aware Andrew Sewell and B7 Media no longer have the rights to Blake's 7 and the only licensee from the Terry Nation Estate to make B7 is now with Big Finish (although I am sure someone will correct me if I have got the situation wrong).

However, I think the big question now facing all B7 fans is how do we want the show to continue beyond the participation of original cast members, now mostly in their 70s so at best most are not perhaps going to be working for too much longer. (Yes I know Pacey, Simon, Barber are a little younger).

Are we happy to see the concept go with them once the Big Finish range is over or do we embrace the idea of a new version for another generation so that they can have their own Blake's 7, much in the way that Doctor Who has embraced the old and the new?

Personally, as much as I love the original cast who will always have a place in my heart, I would rather see Terry Nation's concept survive beyond Darrow, Keating, Thomas et al. I think it is too good a series not to have some kind of re-boot. A continuation can only happen I think if there are firm ties with the original series but a re-boot can rethink things from the beginning. I'm open to either.

I find in general that sci fi fans don't embrace change very well, and I expect I shall be in the minority with this view but that is my stance on the subject and hope one day to see some form of B7 back on our screens - preferably as a British production, as I think that the Americans would make it too generic sci fi, and it has to be darker and more character driven than that.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote to Jason Haigh-Ellery the head honcho at Big Finish who I know is toying with film and tv production, and suggested that perhaps they are the ideal company to enter the television sci fi fray by producing a pilot for a new B7 series. Naturally no reply but maybe I may have planed a seed!

If B7 is destined not to come back to TV for whatever reason, I am content with the bonus of the BF audios which I never thought we'd ever get. They have been the cherry on the cake for me.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
Spaceship Dispatcher
stoke_rob wrote:

...I find in general that sci fi fans don't embrace change very well, and I expect I shall be in the minority with this view but that is my stance on the subject and hope one day to see some form of B7 back on our screens - preferably as a British production...

We may well hold a minority view, but I definitely share it with you and would love to see a reboot. I used to be firmly in the NO camp, but have very much changed my mind over the last year or so and would now welcome the idea.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Lentila
I totally agree with everything you say - stoke_rob. I'd love to see a re-boot. The concept and the characters are so interesting.

Spaceresearcher
My main reasons for NOT wanting a re-boot / reimagining are that it's not original. Just changing a couple of things but essentially bringing out the same thing in an altered form is simply not new. What I like to see is imagination and brand new content. That's not possible with a reimagining. Now a re-boot as in what went down with Dr Who I would whole heartedly support but not just a re-telling of the tales for the sake of a CGI and modern day special effects obsessed. While you could never replace the original cast, there are some fine actors out there who would grow on even the most sceptical but the point is creating more than what's been before.

To this day, most re-makes I've seen are vastly inferior to the originals anyway, just look at the movie 'Solaris' for example. The original blows the new version out of the water(which is purely selling just because it's got George Cloonie in it).

For what Dr Who has done, I applaud it because it's fostered in a generation that actually wants to seek out the originals and see them at least once to see all the back story. Appreciation comes because they have there favourite character but also have to understand that due to all the decades of Dr Who, the times were different and it opens there eyes to different ages, which in itself is remarkable.

Personally I enjoy seeing all the new episodes but the only ones I'm keeping are the Christopher Eccelston ones. The rest I obtain to support it, then sell them off to someone else who wants to collect the new incantations. They just don't have the feel of that first new season and are no way near the calibre of Pat Troughton and Tom Baker.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.36 seconds
9,179,833 unique visits since 8th January 2014