Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Grant relisten - Libby Chronicles, Volume 9
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Vila's Daddy!!!!!!

Doff Doff Doff-doof-doof Grin Grin

The exact moment that my regular subscription to the Blake's 7 Big Finish audios died... Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

Thanks for listening with me, TT. Next week- "Secrets". 'Night.

Cheers. Sorry I couldn't post much earlier. Seems OK now. Looking forward to next week... "Secrets" is a good one.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Vila's Daddy!!!!!!

The exact moment that my regular subscription to the Blake's 7 Big Finish audios died... Oops

SD, it’s true that it’s an ending more in line with EastEnders than B7, but “Secrets” is then a strong pay-off.

I hope Paula doesn’t mind me saying, but Grant is pushed into the background in “Secrets” – it’s all about David Warner and Michael Keating and their characters. Giving background to characters doesn’t always work (a prime example is the awful ‘Jenna’s Boring Brother’ Libby Chronicle, which is perhaps my least favourite of the whole range), but “Secrets” is a delight that adds more depth to the character of Vila, and again shows what we already know from the TV series – that the ‘coward act’ is just that… an act.

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Vila's Daddy!!!!!!

SD, it’s true that it’s an ending more in line with EastEnders than B7, but “Secrets” is then a strong pay-off.

I hope Paula doesn’t mind me saying, but Grant is pushed into the background in “Secrets” – it’s all about David Warner and Michael Keating and their characters. Giving background to characters doesn’t always work (a prime example is the awful ‘Jenna’s Boring Brother’ Libby Chronicle, which is perhaps my least favourite of the whole range), but “Secrets” is a delight that adds more depth to the character of Vila, and again shows what we already know from the TV series – that the ‘coward act’ is just that… an act.

Hey, I'll be the first one to stand my ground for the Grant character, but you are correct. If you have him (the character of Grant), use him. I certainly enjoyed all the Del Grant stories, but I think it's progressed to an end and I would hope the writers at Big Finish write him out for him to come back only if it worked in a future story. But it was a good run and I'm happy. And you are doubly correct that the Jenna's brother audio was not on par with many of the other stories. I disliked it quite a bit. But on the other hand, in Secrets, David Warner is amazing. The by-play between him and Michael Keating makes it one of my favorite discs.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
trevor travis wrote:

The dates:
9.1 Defector - Monday, October 12th, 2015
9.2 Planetfall - Monday, October 26th, 2015
9.3 Secrets - Monday, November 2nd, 2015

The time: 7.45pm UK time

A reminder that the "Secrets" rewatch takes place next Monday.

A very strong Libby Chronicle featuring Michael Keating and David Warner.

EDIT: Ooops... and Chadbon is in it as well, of course. Grin

Travisina
Secrets is one of my all-time fave BF audios. I really hope I can be around for this one!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
A reminder that this rewatch takes place tonight.

Travisina
I plan to be here! I love this story.

BradPaula
This is a favorite story of mine. Warner, Chadbon and the crew of Liberator, what more could you ask for??

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

This is a favorite story of mine. Warner, Chadbon and the crew of Liberator, what more could you ask for??

A glass of wine? A working teleport? A working blimmin' television would be nice!
But as for BF audios, this one is top notch!

Travisina
Started...

trevor travis
here we go!!!

BradPaula
Started.

Travisina
... and it sounds really good on headphones.

BradPaula
Oh, those dulcet tones...

Travisina
I love the chemistry/relationship between Grant and Vila.

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

I love the chemistry/relationship between Grant and Vila.

Yes. That and the Grant-Tarrant relationship. Funny at times.

BradPaula
I've read your file, many times... that must have been great reading.

trevor travis
This is good stuff.

trevor travis
If you're going to cast someone as Vila's dad, I can't hardly think of someone better than David Warner.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,189,992 unique visits since 8th January 2014